News:

It appears that the upgrade forces a login and many, many of you have forgotten your passwords and didn't set up any reminders. Contact me directly through helpmelogin@dodgecharger.com and I'll help sort it out.

Main Menu

Chrysler Cuda or Dodge Challenger

Started by RT DAVE, December 15, 2006, 09:52:52 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

RT DAVE

If they make a new CUDA (big if), would you be more inclined to buy a challenger or a cuda, assuming it looks like the pic below?   I would be sick if I bought a new Chally and they released a CUDA a year later.   
68 CHARGER RT<br />06 MAGNUM RT<br />02 INTREPID SXT

RD

67 Plymouth Barracuda, 69 Plymouth Barracuda, 73 Charger SE, 75 D100, 80 Sno-Commander

HITMAN 149

cuda!!! was never a huge chally fan?!?!?! sorry anyone!!!!  :icon_smile_big:
my couisn had a 73 yellow 340 when i was a kid and that was all i wanted!!!!! i know this pic is a black one.....but
damn sweeeeet!!! :devil:
68 Charger R/T, SOLD =/ sniffle sniffle
01 BMW 740i SPORT  
01 Hot Rod Harley Dresser, SOLD =/ =/

Lostsheep_01

I say it's a win-win either way!  For my money, the extremely slight edge goes to the Challenger.
69 Charger 383
MoPar.  You're either with us or behind us!

01MOPAR

cuda all the way! if they keep bring these classics back it could hurt the value of the originals.

41husk

I disagree,  the retro cars brieng attention to the old iron from some people of the younger genneration who other wise would never take a look.  No matter how many 08 they build there aint gonna be anymore 70-74s
1969 Dodge Charger 500 440/727
1970 Challenger convertible 340/727
1970 Plymouth Duster FM3
1974 Dodge Dart /6/904
1983 Plymouth Scamp GT 2.2 Auto
1950 Dodge Pilot house pick up

Steve P.

Rag top CUDA for me...   Only I think they should make it like the old days and allow you to order everything done but the engine.. I would not mind making that trip to the factory... ;)
Steve P.
Holiday, Florida

41husk

that would be sweet a hemi convetrible :laugh:
1969 Dodge Charger 500 440/727
1970 Challenger convertible 340/727
1970 Plymouth Duster FM3
1974 Dodge Dart /6/904
1983 Plymouth Scamp GT 2.2 Auto
1950 Dodge Pilot house pick up

Steve P.

Steve P.
Holiday, Florida

Mefirst

Id buy the 4 door Charger and start to hang out with soccer MILF´s :angel:

bull

Steve P.

Quote from: Mefirst on December 15, 2006, 08:04:55 PM
Id buy the 4 door Charger and start to hang out with soccer MILF´s :angel:

I would have the convertible CUDA and be doing the MILF's... :devil:
Steve P.
Holiday, Florida

Brock Samson

in my opinion
if Chrysler is gonna bring out a "Firepower" they wont bother with a cuda now...
maybe later they could do a parranna instead of screwin with all the old names..
imo.

Steve P.

Quote from: Brock Samson on December 15, 2006, 08:29:40 PM
in my opinion
if Chrysler is gonna bring out a "Firepower" they wont bother with a cuda now...
maybe later they could do a parranna instead of screwin with all the old names..
imo.

Or a new compact: DART
Steve P.
Holiday, Florida

Silver R/T

http://www.cardomain.com/id/mitmaks

1968 silver/black/red striped R/T
My Charger is hybrid, it runs on gas and on tears of ricers
2001 Ram 2500 CTD
1993 Mazda MX-3 GS SE
1995 Ford Cobra SVT#2722

Paul G

The name "Cuda" is catchier and just sounds better than the name "Challenger". Back in the day the two cars were so close it really was more about the name than anything else. Everyone wanted a Cuda, it sounded faster.
1972 Charger Topper Special, 360ci, 46RH OD trans, 8 3/4 sure grip with 3.91 gear, 14.93@92 mph.
1973 Charger Rallye, 4 speed, muscle rat. Whatever engine right now?

Mopars Unlimited of Arizona

http://www.moparsaz.com/#

Khyron

sorry, I have to say Challenger.

There was never a Chrysler 'Cuda, Unless they bring back Plymouth, don't bring back the Cuda.

I'm sorry, but lets see who sticks to there guns. If "Real Chargers don't have 4 doors" Then "Chrysler never made a 'cuda"  :stirthepot:

now lets see how this thread goes. Anyone who says they would buy that cuda, better not have any 4 door Charger bashing under their names :nana:

Before reading my posts please understand me by clicking
HERE, HERE, AND HERE.

Paul G

Quote from: Khyron on December 15, 2006, 11:07:57 PM
sorry, I have to say Challenger.
There was never a Chrysler 'Cuda, Unless they bring back Plymouth, don't bring back the Cuda.
I'm sorry, but lets see who sticks to there guns. If "Real Chargers don't have 4 doors" Then "Chrysler never made a 'cuda"  :stirthepot:
now lets see how this thread goes. Anyone who says they would buy that cuda, better not have any 4 door Charger bashing under their names :nana:

I have to agree, "Dodge Cuda" or "Chrysler Cuda" just doesnt get it. Plymouth and Cuda are both dead names, let them RIP. I hope they use Challenger since Dodge is still in bussiness.
1972 Charger Topper Special, 360ci, 46RH OD trans, 8 3/4 sure grip with 3.91 gear, 14.93@92 mph.
1973 Charger Rallye, 4 speed, muscle rat. Whatever engine right now?

Mopars Unlimited of Arizona

http://www.moparsaz.com/#

Steve P.

Come on.....  You guys are realllly hung up on the Chrysler or Dodge branding?? :rotz:  If they were to produce a CUDA under any branding that looked like the earlier pic. it would sell like a shaved beaver in a red light district..    :icon_smile_big:
Steve P.
Holiday, Florida

Charger1973

They didnt bring the Roadrunner back with the Charger so I dont see why they would bring the Cuda back with the Challenger.

Steve P.

Quote from: charger1973 on December 16, 2006, 12:09:13 AM
They didnt bring the Roadrunner back with the Charger so I dont see why they would bring the Cuda back with the Challenger.

The Cuda is a smaller car. They would have to build an entire new 4-door chassis to bring back the Road Runner... :devil:
Steve P.
Holiday, Florida

miller

the prowler was made under the plymouth brand until they went under... then it was the chrysler prowler for a year or too.... theres not much difference in this, there would be a plymouth cuda and a chrysler cuda, just as there is a plymouth prowler and a chrysler prowlers

2005 Harley Davidson 1200 Sportster Custom - Maggie
2012 370Z NISMO - Courtney
1979 Corvette L-82 - Lilly
1969 Dodge Charger R/T Clone - Vanessa

Steve P.

Also a Dodge Neon and a Plymouth Neon...
Steve P.
Holiday, Florida

68isgr8

If they came out with a cuda with a 70 grill look, I'd be all over that! But yeah "chrysler cuda" kinda sounds lame.

Bandit72

Daddy ran whiskey in a big black dodge
bought it at an auction at the masons lodge,
Johnson County Sherriff painted on the side,
just shot a coat of primer then he looked inside,
well him and my uncle tore that engine down,
I still remember that rumblin' sound.....