News:

It appears that the upgrade forces a login and many, many of you have forgotten your passwords and didn't set up any reminders. Contact me directly through helpmelogin@dodgecharger.com and I'll help sort it out.

Main Menu

I put speakers in my doors. Pictures :)

Started by 2Gunz, December 14, 2006, 07:59:21 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Brock Samson

... any chance of putting the speakers behind the second gen's map pocket, so they would be hidden from view or would that interfer with the interior mechanicals?..   :shruggy:

Corellian Corvette

I just went through this exercise with a similar configuration in my car. If you want to put it behind the door, the map poket is even worse because you're right in front of the glass when it's down. That location is great because you only have to cut the corner to clear the gears. It's actually a really nice fit.

BMOTOXSTAR

73' Dodge Rallye Charger 400/4BBL
06' Dodge Ram Quad Cab 4X4 HEMI
15' Dodge Dart 2.7 SXT

towman

hey were did you get those speaker covers they look great its just what i need  :2thumbs:

Ghoste

Even if they did fit behind the map pockets, wouldn't they sound a little muffled there?

2Gunz

Quote from: towman on November 20, 2007, 09:03:45 PM
hey were did you get those speaker covers they look great its just what i need  :2thumbs:

I bought them on Ebay.

I think they are from a 71 Porche.

2Gunz

Quote from: Ghoste on November 21, 2007, 04:45:33 AM
Even if they did fit behind the map pockets, wouldn't they sound a little muffled there?

Yes.... anything in front of a speaker will color the sound.

andy74

that is a very clean install,how is the sound? i currently have 2 6x9s in my rear deck,and one 4 inch round in the dash,the other round is installed above the glove box,sounds pretty good but i really have to crank it when im driving down the hiway-Andy

2Gunz

Its sounds really good.

And I would say its prolly be as good as it can be without hacking up the car

or putting kick panel speakers in it.

The car is loud, and I havent put sound deadener in it yet.

So trying to compete with the engine is pretty much a lost cause.