News:

It appears that the upgrade forces a login and many, many of you have forgotten your passwords and didn't set up any reminders. Contact me directly through helpmelogin@dodgecharger.com and I'll help sort it out.

Main Menu

May I ask another SUV question? Towing: Durango vs. Cherokee (OC?)

Started by bull, December 13, 2006, 08:22:27 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Steve P.

Quote from: bull on December 14, 2006, 10:22:13 PM
rich - noun
–adjective
1. having wealth or great possessions; abundantly supplied with resources, means, or funds; wealthy: a rich man; a rich nation. 
2. abounding in natural resources: a rich territory. 
3. having wealth or valuable resources (usually fol. by in): a country rich in traditions. 
4. abounding (usually fol. by in or with): a countryside rich in beauty; a design rich with colors. 
5. of great value or worth; valuable: a rich harvest. 
6. (of food) delectably and perhaps unhealthfully spicy, or sweet and abounding in butter or cream: a rich gravy; a rich pastry. 
7. costly, expensively elegant, or fine, as dress or jewels. 
8. sumptuous; elaborately abundant: a rich feast. 
9. using valuable materials or characterized by elaborate workmanship, as buildings or furniture. 
10. abounding in desirable elements or qualities: a man rich in kindness. 
11. (of wine) strong and finely flavored. 
12. (of color) deep, strong, or vivid: rich purple. 
13. full and mellow in tone: rich sounds; a rich voice. 
14. strongly fragrant; pungent: a rich odor. 
15. producing or yielding abundantly: a rich soil. 
16. abundant, plentiful, or ample: a rich supply. 
17. Automotive. (of a mixture in a fuel system) having a relatively high ratio of fuel to air (contrasted with lean). 
18. Informal. a. highly amusing. b. ridiculous; absurd. 

Of the 18 definitions for 'Rich" I think 6, 14, 17 and 18 might apply to me. The other 14, no way.

(THAT'S RICH)...    ;)
Steve P.
Holiday, Florida

PocketThunder

Well we pulled the trigger today and bought a '01 Grand Cherokee Limited.  Its a nice truck.  :yesnod:
"Liberalism is a disease that attacks one's ability to understand logic. Extreme manifestations include the willingness to continue down a path of self destruction, based solely on a delusional belief in a failed ideology."

Chryco Psycho

I feel you need more truck than either choice , a friend rolled his truck & trailer with car on it towing with a Dakota, I won`t tow with less than a 3/4 ton 

bull

Lowprofile

Quote from: Chryco Psycho on December 23, 2006, 10:17:49 PM
I feel you need more truck than either choice , a friend rolled his truck & trailer with car on it towing with a Dakota, I won`t tow with less than a 3/4 ton 

I agree. You can't go wrong with a Suburban. Plenty of room for the family, friends, pets, shopping, etc....and is a great tow vehicle! Many people make the mistake of going smaller, only to find themselves without enough vehicle to get the job done. 

Good luck with your choice bro!  :icon_smile_wink: :icon_smile_big:
"Its better to live one day as a Lion than a Lifetime as a Lamb".

"The final test of a leader is that he leaves behind him in other men the conviction and will to carry on."

Proud Owner of:
1970 Dodge Charger R/T
1993 Dodge Ram Charger
1998 Freightliner Classic XL

Steve P.

My buddy just bought an 88' Suburban for $500.00.. The truck is impeccable. Loaded to the gills. 3/4 ton. All it needed was a tranny rebuild. He got it done by another buddy pretty cheap.

These are not deals you come across all the time, but they are out there..

Another buddy just found a 97-8 Dodge reg. cab for $1000.00 Needs a tranny. Another nice truck but only regular cab.  If he passes it's mine..  :devil:
Steve P.
Holiday, Florida