News:

It appears that the upgrade forces a login and many, many of you have forgotten your passwords and didn't set up any reminders. Contact me directly through helpmelogin@dodgecharger.com and I'll help sort it out.

Main Menu

Good deal on this Coronet?

Started by terrible one, December 11, 2006, 11:03:39 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

terrible one

Hey guys. I found this Coronet for sale just down the road from me. The guy is asking $800 OBO. I guess the last thing I need is another car but I figured I could flip (GASP!) it or maybe take out the 318 to stick in my Charger for the time being. What do you guys think?

Here is his description of the car, and some pictures:

"1972 Dodge Coronet. 318 V-8 engine, leather bench style seats, runs great; 32,718 actual miles, air/heat, alligator style turn signals, gas cap in rear. Needs a little work. It needs some carburator work (flooding itself out). Will need new/used tires, and has a minor oil leak (not coming from block, probably a hose)."

Silver R/T

To me its not worth nothing. Just a 4 door car with small 318, which are available dime a dozen. That money could buy parts for Charger
http://www.cardomain.com/id/mitmaks

1968 silver/black/red striped R/T
My Charger is hybrid, it runs on gas and on tears of ricers
2001 Ram 2500 CTD
1993 Mazda MX-3 GS SE
1995 Ford Cobra SVT#2722

Brock Samson

Silver wrote:
To me it's not worth anything, it's just a four door car with a small 318 which are avail. and a dime a dozen. that money could buy parts for your charger.

but i don't agree:  :icon_smile_approve:
It's not a bad parts car in my opinion for the price...
you might be better off with a 2 door hardtop b-bod. as more parts would interchange, but, at that price it a pretty good deal and you may be able to talk em down a bit.. use the parts ya need and part out the rest,.. or flip it if you deem that the better route.

Vainglory, Esq.

Let's face it.  You won't be able to flip it.  It's not worth nothing, as our retarded one-man peanut gallery suggests, but he'll be lucky to get 800.  Even if you were able to get more, would it be worth the trouble?

Daytona R/T SE

The Dashpad will fit a 71-74 B-body 2 door-Charger, Roadrunner, etc. If the pad's good, and it looks ok in the pics-it's worth $300-$400 by itself...

And it's a '73  ;)

Where's it at?

bull

Isn't that what they used for cop cars back in the early '70s? Looks like it. People love that stuff but I don't know if they are worth much unless they are authentic ex-police cars. Still, it's not hard to turn $800 into $1,600 with old cars. It's much easier than turning $20k into $40k. I had a friend back in high school who used to buy $800 cars and sell them two weeks later for twice that. He did that about four times one summer.

kab69440

Nice looker, and a hard to find model at that. I'd keep that one as is.
Imagination was given to man to compensate him for what he is not;  a sense of humor to console him for what he is.      Francis Bacon

WANT TO BUY:
Looking for a CD by  'The Sub-Mersians'  entitled "Raw Love Songs From My Garage To Your Bedroom"

Also, any of the various surf-revival compilation albums this band has contributed to.
Thank you,    Kenny

Jesus drove a Honda. He wasn't proud of it, though...
John 12: 49     "...for I did not speak of my own Accord."

TeeWJay426

I'd beat him down as much as possible, buy it, fix what needed fixing and drive the hell out of it as daily transportation.
74 Charger SE, 400 HP, 4-speed

PocketThunder

Quote from: TeeWJay426 on December 12, 2006, 08:47:25 AM
I'd beat him down as much as possible, buy it, fix what needed fixing and drive the hell out of it as daily transportation.

:iagree:

How much more work does the Charger need after you donate this drivetrain into it?  brakes, wiring, gas tank and lines, suspension upgrades.... and on and on...  you still have another couple thousand bucks to go with the 68.  I say drive this sucker around and get the "old time" feel of an old car, which is fun to do no matter what type of car you are driving.
"Liberalism is a disease that attacks one's ability to understand logic. Extreme manifestations include the willingness to continue down a path of self destruction, based solely on a delusional belief in a failed ideology."

BB1

Woh, I needed help with that one Brock; thanks bud.  :scope:
Delete my profile

TruckDriver

Quote from: PocketThunder on December 12, 2006, 09:17:57 AM

How much more work does the Charger need after you donate this drivetrain into it?  brakes, wiring, gas tank and lines, suspension upgrades.... and on and on...  you still have another couple thousand bucks to go with the 68.  I say drive this sucker around and get the "old time" feel of an old car, which is fun to do no matter what type of car you are driving.

Hell, if it were me, I'd buy it up and use it as a daily driver. I was actually looking for a car just like that or a Cordoba for a daily driver when I was offered the Dakota. Hell, buy it, if you don't modify it and decide you don't want it, I'll buy it from you for what you paid for it, and I'll have it picked up in the middle of February. Then I could sell my mini van. :yesnod:

Quote from: Daytona R/T SE on December 12, 2006, 12:27:19 AM
The Dashpad will fit a 71-74 B-body 2 door-Charger, Roadrunner, etc. If the pad's good, and it looks ok in the pics-it's worth $300-$400 by itself...

They are staring to go for more then that. There is one on Ebay right now, the guy has a "buy it now" for  $1,200 for it. :rotz:
PETE

My Dad taught me about TIME TRAVEL.
"If you don't straighten up, I'm going to knock you into the middle of next week!" :P

Charger_Fan

That's a pretty clean car...even if it is a parts car color. :icon_smile_tongue:
It would be a shame to part that out. I'd flash the owner $550 in 20's & see if he bites, then use it as a daily driver! :thumbs:

BTW, what the hell are "alligator style turn signals"? :shruggy:

The Aquamax...yes, this bike spent 2 nights underwater one weekend. (Not my doing), but it gained the name, and has since become pseudo-famous. :)

Brock Samson

i think it means the bumps on the fender signals,.. seems to have a lot going for it as a daily,.. 'cept T.O. has some mighty fine dailys allready..  :yesnod:

still a good buy at the price imo.

red72chrgr

I'd buy it. Use it for a daily driver and keep dang good care of certain things on it. That dash pad is gold!
Nothing personal, just business

Ponch ®

Quote from: Vainglory on December 12, 2006, 12:00:31 AM
It's not worth nothing, as our retarded one-man peanut gallery suggests

:haha: :haha: :haha:
"I spent most of my money on cars, birds, and booze. The rest I squandered." - George Best

Chrysler Performance West

terrible one

Well I'm really not sure where to go here. Seems like there are some mixed opinions. I'm really not looking for a daily driver, although I'm sure this car would be a great candidate for it. Maybe an occasional driver, but then all I've done is spent more money on another car. I would like to have this go towards my Charger, either by making money off of it, using parts, or both. I'm sure I could let the dash pad and some other things go and have my money back, but then I'm still left with the rest of the car which won't really be worth much to anyone with all of the parts missing. If the car has discs up front, will they fit on my Charger? That and the engine and tranny would help me out a lot, even though I was much more keen on going straight for the 440...

moparguy01

Quote from: MojoJojo Classic ® on December 12, 2006, 04:26:17 PM
Quote from: Vainglory on December 12, 2006, 12:00:31 AM
It's not worth nothing, as our retarded one-man peanut gallery suggests

:haha: :haha: :haha:

Its sad when even Vain gets one in. he normally stays mute about these things.

I'd buy iut and daily drive the shit out of it. If i was there and had 800 right now i'd go buy it.

moparguy01

for the discs you gotta swap the spindles and everything over, but they bolt up. if you part it i got dibs on the dash pad.  :icon_smile_big:

Manfred318

I would probably just buy it because it has A/C on it and drive it 'till it falls apart.

Current MoPars:
1968 Charger. 318 Out of commission:(
1975 Dart Swinger. 225 Pops daily ride.
1990 Dodge Ram. 360FI My daily ride.
2007 Magnum R/T. 5.7 Family wagon.