News:

It appears that the upgrade forces a login and many, many of you have forgotten your passwords and didn't set up any reminders. Contact me directly through helpmelogin@dodgecharger.com and I'll help sort it out.

Main Menu

non-mopar, but this concept mustang looks really nice

Started by RD, December 06, 2006, 09:32:07 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

RD

67 Plymouth Barracuda, 69 Plymouth Barracuda, 73 Charger SE, 75 D100, 80 Sno-Commander

Hemidog

plum500

I like the current one better.

Greenhouse is pushed too far back, don't like the angles. Too "Vette-ish". Not that there is anything wrong with that, just not what I think of as Mustang. Not diggin that tail either.

4forty

bull

TruckDriver

PETE

My Dad taught me about TIME TRAVEL.
"If you don't straighten up, I'm going to knock you into the middle of next week!" :P

RT DAVE

I like it better than the current model, which I despise.
68 CHARGER RT<br />06 MAGNUM RT<br />02 INTREPID SXT

Charger_Fan

The front looks good, the side not too bad...but that back end is simply HIDEOUS! :barf: Those Lambo doors need the boot too.

It's almost as if there was two different design crews working on that car. :image_294343:

The Aquamax...yes, this bike spent 2 nights underwater one weekend. (Not my doing), but it gained the name, and has since become pseudo-famous. :)

41husk

Do you really think they will change the model now, with the Mustang selling so well.  It's the only car making money for Ford.  Seems silly to spend all the money re tooling, unless sales are slipping, or they are afraid of something that might be coming out soon ??? ;D
1969 Dodge Charger 500 440/727
1970 Challenger convertible 340/727
1970 Plymouth Duster FM3
1974 Dodge Dart /6/904
1983 Plymouth Scamp GT 2.2 Auto
1950 Dodge Pilot house pick up

Charger_Fan

They'll make a change soon, they have to, or the design will go stagnant & buyers will lose interest. That's how it's always been.
I just hope they aren't too serious about this direction...it's too "ricey".

The Aquamax...yes, this bike spent 2 nights underwater one weekend. (Not my doing), but it gained the name, and has since become pseudo-famous. :)

Troy

Read the article - it's a one-off exercise done by an Italian design studio. Don't expect the Mustang to look like that any time soon. I personally don't like it and I don't have a few million dollars laying around to commission one. It kinda looks like a poorly styled copy of the Ford Cobra concept they did a year or so ago.

Troy
Sarcasm detector, that's a real good invention.

NYCMille

Looks just like a BMW Z4 to me...

41husk

Quote from: Troy on December 06, 2006, 01:22:09 PM
Read the article - it's a one-off exercise done by an Italian design studio. Don't expect the Mustang to look like that any time soon. I personally don't like it and I don't have a few million dollars laying around to commission one. It kinda looks like a poorly styled copy of the Ford Cobra concept they did a year or so ago.

Troy

What did you do with all your millions, Troy?

1969 Dodge Charger 500 440/727
1970 Challenger convertible 340/727
1970 Plymouth Duster FM3
1974 Dodge Dart /6/904
1983 Plymouth Scamp GT 2.2 Auto
1950 Dodge Pilot house pick up

Nacho-RT74

I like it... is different than the actually one, but evolution is there and you can notice from miles is still a Mustang...
Venezuelan RT 74 400 4bbl, 727, 8.75 3.23 open. Now stroked with 440 crank and 3.55 SG. Here is the History and how is actually: http://www.dodgecharger.com/forum/index.php/topic,7603.0/all.html
http://www.dodgecharger.com/forum/index.php/topic,25060.0.html

FastbackJon

"This was the dedication of the altar, in the day when it was anointed, by the princes of Israel: twelve chargers of silver, twelve silver bowls, twelve spoons of gold..." -- Numbers 7:84 KJV

69_500

I'm not really digging the rear end of the car either. And actually from the side it looks a bit weird as well. The lambo doors don't do anything for me either.

I think they did a great job on the actual body style they have on the new mustangs, they should rest with that for a few more years before trying anything drastic.

hemihead

Lots of people talkin' , few of them know
Soul of a woman was created below
  Led Zeppelin

Khyron

Before reading my posts please understand me by clicking
HERE, HERE, AND HERE.

Brock Samson

that's the famous designer's sons design,. he did the corvette moray

lots more pics here..
http://ad.yieldmanager.com/imp?z=4&Z=468x60&i=50149&S=AdSpot-ID&t=3
a couple years back another one off what if... based on a normal chasiss
  i really do like the mustangs interior though... i think he's trying to get his son as well thought of in the design business as the old man.
everyone thinks it's Dad who's the great designer s this is the passing of the torch... and the cars are meant to stand out and make you take notice. these italian design houses are based on the talant and professional relationships of the men's who's names adorns the cars...
there is alot of good exposure & publicity from such one offs..
and that's the color im leaning toward for the BDG too...
i like it!

dkn1997

I'd shave it's ass and teach it to drive backwards
RECHRGED

RD

67 Plymouth Barracuda, 69 Plymouth Barracuda, 73 Charger SE, 75 D100, 80 Sno-Commander

6670charger

Looks interesting.  I can see where if they left the current basic body lines alone, but, adapted this front design, and used the concept rear with more "normal" taillights, they'd have a good retro 68-69 Mustang.

This brings up my major concern regarding the new Challenger.  The current concept very nicely captures the 70 Challenger look in a modern way.  Problem:  What look does the car take six years later when it's time for a total redesign?  I suppose a retro-modern 73 Challenger would be nice, however, we may get something that looks like the concept above. 
Proudly Confusing The Crap Out Of People Since 1963

Lord Warlock

You'd think they'd be more original, it looks like a bricklin.  They could have done better exterior wise. 
69 RT/SE Y3 cream yellow w/tan vinyl top and black r/t stripe. non matching 440/375, 3:23, Column shift auto w/buddy seat, tan interior, am/fm w/fr to back fade, Now wears 17" magnum 500 rims and Nitto tires. Fresh repaint, new interior, new wheels and tires.