News:

It appears that the upgrade forces a login and many, many of you have forgotten your passwords and didn't set up any reminders. Contact me directly through helpmelogin@dodgecharger.com and I'll help sort it out.

Main Menu

73 - 74 Rallye parts

Started by 74 Charger, December 10, 2006, 01:51:15 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

74 Charger

I am a newbie here so I should be allowed to ask stupid questions so I'm gonna on the off chance I reach the right person. 

I would love to find a steel rallye hood and wheels for a 73 Ralley charger preferably in the New England area. 

I'll bet I'm not the first person to ask this!

Anybody have any ideas?

Rick

hemihead

Welcome ,Everyone wants a Bulge Hood these days, Good Luck!  :icon_smile_big:
Lots of people talkin' , few of them know
Soul of a woman was created below
  Led Zeppelin

Nacho-RT74

Venezuelan RT 74 400 4bbl, 727, 8.75 3.23 open. Now stroked with 440 crank and 3.55 SG. Here is the History and how is actually: http://www.dodgecharger.com/forum/index.php/topic,7603.0/all.html
http://www.dodgecharger.com/forum/index.php/topic,25060.0.html

73dodge

they make them in fiberglass

Don't know the web site that carried fiberglass parts off the top of my head,

Welcome to the site
Alcohol, Tobacco and Firearms should be a convenience store NOT a government agency!

nakita7

I'm looking for a bulge hood too, they are scarce right now. If you find an extra one LMK, thanks.

TruckDriver

Quote from: 73dodge on December 10, 2006, 04:16:54 PM
they make them in fiberglass

Don't know the web site that carried fiberglass parts off the top of my head,

Whelp, almost everyone who owns a '71 to '74 Charger wants a bulge hood including myself, and there are very few worth while good ones left for sale. The ones you do find that are worth while, are going for crazy prices.

Here is the link if you want a fiberglass one. Most likely now, I might be buying one of these too now.

http://www.vfnfiberglass.com/site.htm Go to the Catalog, click the link, then look half way down the page.

I been told, if you buy one of these fiberglass bolt-on hoods, get yourself a set of reproduction Cuda/Challenger fiberglass hood hinge springs. The standard hood hinges are to strong and can crack the hood where it bolts on to it.

Welcome to the site by the way. Check out the Third Generation Charger site too. The link is below my sig pictures.
PETE

My Dad taught me about TIME TRAVEL.
"If you don't straighten up, I'm going to knock you into the middle of next week!" :P

Goldfinger71

Welcome and good luck in your search! :icon_smile_cool:
1971 Charger R/T   GY9 Dark Gold Metallic, V1Y Gold Top, GY4 Light Gold Interior- A/C, Rimblow, PW, Front Disc, AM-FM, Tach, Light Package, Slotted Tips, Trailer Tow Package(MIA)and a few other odds and ends...including a luggage rack!

Charger1973

The hood wasnt really specific to the Charger Rallye.  It could be ordered on other models as well.  Usually its just referred to as a power bulge hood. 

Im assuming the wheels you are looking for are the Rallye Wheels?  I am not sure if those came on other model Chargers in 73-74 or not but they werent limited to just Chargers. 

Also out of curiosity, since that car is not a true SE are you planning to convert it back?  Or are you going to keep the SE trim? 

Silver R/T

http://www.cardomain.com/id/mitmaks

1968 silver/black/red striped R/T
My Charger is hybrid, it runs on gas and on tears of ricers
2001 Ram 2500 CTD
1993 Mazda MX-3 GS SE
1995 Ford Cobra SVT#2722

41husk

welcome and good luck , the rallye wheels won't be to tough, but the bulge hood is a entire different can of worms.
1969 Dodge Charger 500 440/727
1970 Challenger convertible 340/727
1970 Plymouth Duster FM3
1974 Dodge Dart /6/904
1983 Plymouth Scamp GT 2.2 Auto
1950 Dodge Pilot house pick up

twilt

Dont let these guys scare you. Finding a power bluge hood isn`t that hard to do. They are on ebay regularly. Make no mistake, they may be expensive but thats an entirely different matter. Personally, I would never buy one made of fiberglass. I`d rather suck it up and pay the extra $$ for the real deal made of steel.  Whats a couple extra  hundred bucks when compared to the total $$ amount that most people put in their cars?