News:

It appears that the upgrade forces a login and many, many of you have forgotten your passwords and didn't set up any reminders. Contact me directly through helpmelogin@dodgecharger.com and I'll help sort it out.

Main Menu

real 72 rallye ??

Started by ACUDANUT, December 09, 2006, 07:11:33 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

72Rallye440

Hello everyone. The Charger pictures listed above by Todd Wilson is of my 72 Rallye (nice pics Todd). The car is a real 72 Rallye 440, 4 speed, N96, TracPak (Dana 60). But the car is not a real 6 pack car in any way.

Hope everyone is doing well!

chargerkid

WOW...  I just got back from the Chrysler Classics. 

This post is getting good. 

mikepmcs

Quote from: cheap on February 24, 2007, 01:38:15 PM
Since I am new to this board i have enjoyed the info on the 72 Rallyes...Can you all give me the lo-down on mine????? Unfortunatetly my original engine and tranny were gone when I got it 22 years ago so I just dropped in a 400 engine and 727 tranny...The rest of my car is all original,,I think....But I wouldnt want to inconvience anyone either......But I guess thats why I joined this site because of my passion for these 3rd gen chargers....

V78,, WH23,,P2g,,1553,,26,,V78,,N41,,N42,,N97,,R35,,V21,,CTD,,M08,,M21,,M25,,M31,,N23,,G36,,H51,,J25,,J52,,L31,,V4X,,U,,A57,,B41,,B51,,

G11,EV2,,S2X9,,TX9,,E68,,D34,,

I have a few ideas of the numbers,,but not all of them....Thanks to all who can help figure out what I have,,It is an original Rallye though...

This should help you.  I see an A57 in there as well. :2thumbs:

http://www.mopar1.us/build.html

v/r
Mike
Life isn't Father Knows Best anymore, it's a kick in the face on a saturday night with a steel toed grip kodiak work boot and a trip to the hospital all bloodied and bashed.....for reconstructive surgery. But, what doesn't kill us, makes us stronger, right?

cheap

:2thumbs:  Mikepmcs,,,,,, Thanks alot for that decoding piece,,,it was a big help..... alot of what i did have was incorrect....This is just another hurdle that gets me going.......

chargerkid

Keep in mind that if your fender tag doesn't have the A57.  It doesn't mean its not a rallye.  Look for other options on the tag thats parts of the package like the hood treatment, pins, and stripes.  I have owned alot of rallyes without the A57 code on the fender tag.  Oh..I am picking up two 72 Rallyes next week.

Chris

Hey Charger kid what did you mean by pins? You listed it right after hood treatment.

Goldfinger71

Chris,
Chargerkid is talking about Hood Pins..
1971 Charger R/T   GY9 Dark Gold Metallic, V1Y Gold Top, GY4 Light Gold Interior- A/C, Rimblow, PW, Front Disc, AM-FM, Tach, Light Package, Slotted Tips, Trailer Tow Package(MIA)and a few other odds and ends...including a luggage rack!

Chargerguy74

pins can be ordered on flat hoods, I have a car and build sheet to prove it. I believe the 318 Rallye hoods were not drilled for callouts and only the 360 rallye cars had the "magnum" enblems.
WANTED: NOS or excellent condition 72-74 4 speed shifter boot for bench or centre armrest car, part number 3467755. It's a rubber boot that looks like it's sewn up leather.

WANTED: My original 440 blocks. Serial # 2A188182 and 3A100002

chargerkid

Chargerguy74..kinda getting off the topic but what do you mean by detroit_muscle is a fraud.  Be interested to hear about that.. Can you post a new topic?  thanks

Chris

Thanks Goldfinger 71

I have a 72 ralley 340 with hood pins but had just assumed that they were aftermarket, thanks for the info. :laugh:

Nacho-RT74

drill or not to drill my bulged hood to pins... thats' the question. I think that's the only stuff that rest to get a complete rallye clone
Venezuelan RT 74 400 4bbl, 727, 8.75 3.23 open. Now stroked with 440 crank and 3.55 SG. Here is the History and how is actually: http://www.dodgecharger.com/forum/index.php/topic,7603.0/all.html
http://www.dodgecharger.com/forum/index.php/topic,25060.0.html

Mr_fixit

My 72 318 Rallye did not have hood pins

ACUDANUT

Hood pins are the best way not to have a hood fly open at 80 MPH.  Hiding a bunge cord is a good idea also.  It just makes it a little harder to open and close the hood.

chargerkid

You can put hood pins in any of the 71-4 Charger hoods.  I don't know why people would mess a good hood and place them in the wrong spot.  There is a hole in the fender and underneath each hood is a template for where the pin should go through.

ACUDANUT

A57 is one sweet number.  :2thumbs:

ACUDANUT

C_stripes

It is illigal to sell a vin off of a car.  You can get jail time
I'm smarter than I act, But I don't act smarter than I am.

High Impact

I own a 72 340 4 speed Rallye Charger.   Mine has something like 21 options if I remember right  :scratchchin:  It too is a Lynch road car but isnt coded for hide-a-ways but has them!  Did early 72's have chin spoilers?   I only ask because my front valance has holes drilled for some???

Oh,  by the way   CHARGER KID,   I still need a front drivers floor pan for that rallye :popcrn:   And dont forget a pair of fenders and doors :drool5: :2thumbs:

nakita7

Quote from: High Impact on December 01, 2007, 09:01:05 PM
I own a 72 340 4 speed Rallye Charger.   Mine has something like 21 options if I remember right  :scratchchin:  It too is a Lynch road car but isnt coded for hide-a-ways but has them!  Did early 72's have chin spoilers?   I only ask because my front valance has holes drilled for some???

Oh,  by the way   CHARGER KID,   I still need a front drivers floor pan for that rallye :popcrn:   And dont forget a pair of fenders and doors :drool5: :2thumbs:

My Lynch Road car has, and is coded for hideaways (L37). I would say they are added. Major options like L37, H51, N96 are usually added to even Lynch Road tags. As far as the spoiler...was told recently, unavailable in 72 and up. I would think that one would be on the tag too.

High Impact

My Lynch Road car has, and is coded for hideaways (L37). I would say they are added. Major options like L37, H51, N96 are usually added to even Lynch Road tags. As far as the spoiler...was told recently, unavailable in 72 and up. I would think that one would be on the tag too.

I kinda think the hide-a-ways were added too!  Along with the 71 lower front valance panel.  Who know,  Maybe my car was hit in the front or they just liked the hide-ways and chin spoilers?????   

Heres one for ya:    Did 72 Chargers come with a go-wing on the trunk?  :shruggy:   Mine has one of those too.   I think not,   but Im just curious,  Im still learning this era Charger,  Im better with the 2nd Gen Chargers!! :yesnod:

nakita7

I don't believe spoilers were an option in 72. Should have been on the Rallyes, you would think?

Do you're hideaways work? Cars with hideaways have a little different wiring harness under the hood, just wondering if the wires for the motor were added in.

71 Bee Man

:popcrn: :popcrn: :popcrn: :popcrn:

How good is this !!!! :2thumbs:

If I didn't know any better I'd say there is actually a huge interest in 3rd generation Chargers....does it get any better ? :cheers:

Maybe it does....still after a reasonable set of R/T, 500, Super Bee or Rallye tailights (call them what you will) for my Bee :D
With this many 3rd gen guys online it can't hurt to throw it out there. :shruggy:

Peter
Sydney, Australia
Add your details to the Forum members List. Visit this thread to find out more :
http://www.dodgecharger.com/forum/index.php/topic,21133.240.html

hemihead

I understand that the Chin Spoilers and Rear Wings were a Dealer installed option or could be bought through Mopar Parts Depts. . Therefore they wouldn't be on the Options tag but in a way, still correct.
Lots of people talkin' , few of them know
Soul of a woman was created below
  Led Zeppelin

nakita7

Quote from: 71 Bee Man on December 02, 2007, 10:37:29 PM

:popcrn: :popcrn: :popcrn: :popcrn:

How good is this !!!! :2thumbs:

If I didn't know any better I'd say there is actually a huge interest in 3rd generation Chargers....does it get any better ? :cheers:

Maybe it does....still after a reasonable set of R/T, 500, Super Bee or Rallye tailights (call them what you will) for my Bee :D
With this many 3rd gen guys online it can't hurt to throw it out there. :shruggy:

Peter
Sydney, Australia

I bid on every set that comes up on Ebay. Just set up an automatic search, under 'searches' on the left side of your page, and it will notify you when a set comes up. I have about 15 searches set up for various specific things.

ACUDANUT

Anyone else have 318 Rallye Charger ?  I know I will get some boo's, but I gave away orginal 318 and put a screaming 383 in it.