News:

It appears that the upgrade forces a login and many, many of you have forgotten your passwords and didn't set up any reminders. Contact me directly through helpmelogin@dodgecharger.com and I'll help sort it out.

Main Menu

real 72 rallye ??

Started by ACUDANUT, December 09, 2006, 07:11:33 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Goldfinger71

Look everyone this should not end up being a pissing contest! :icon_smile_blackeye: Yea Iv'e seen a  few 318 Rallyes myself.One or two I could have bought but decided not too. :yesnod:
They also said that the 72 440 Six Pack was never made and put into a car...........there was.
1971 Charger R/T   GY9 Dark Gold Metallic, V1Y Gold Top, GY4 Light Gold Interior- A/C, Rimblow, PW, Front Disc, AM-FM, Tach, Light Package, Slotted Tips, Trailer Tow Package(MIA)and a few other odds and ends...including a luggage rack!

d72hemi

Quote from: Goldfinger71 on December 10, 2006, 05:23:07 PM
They also said that the 72 440 Six Pack was never made and put into a car...........there was.

I have never seen proof of a 72 Six Pack, or 72 Hemi for that matter. I hear people talk about these cars, but I never see proof. Is there any proof out there that someone can post? I would love to see these cars!

AKcharger

Ghoste

The 72 Six Pack cars have been documented.  Even the guru has blessed them.

twilt

According to GG`s white book, 4th version-Feb 98,  there are 2 known v code 72 chargers and 2 known v code 72 Roadrunners. I imagine that the key word there  is KNOWN, which would mean that GG has authenticated them himself. Of course there could be others that he has authenticted since then or that exist but haven`t been given his stamp of approval.   

Ghoste

One of the Chargers was in one of the Mopar magazines at one time IIRC.  If my memory is right, it was dark blue??
I'm pretty sure that even Chrysler admits to their existence in one of the Mopar Performance engine manuals.

Goldfinger71

One of the fellow members from moparts owns one of the 72 6pk Runners. :yesnod:
There was a thread about the car earlier this year.....
But,going back to the original topic there WERE 318 Rallyes! :icon_smile_big:
1971 Charger R/T   GY9 Dark Gold Metallic, V1Y Gold Top, GY4 Light Gold Interior- A/C, Rimblow, PW, Front Disc, AM-FM, Tach, Light Package, Slotted Tips, Trailer Tow Package(MIA)and a few other odds and ends...including a luggage rack!

69CoronetRT

Quote from: hemihead on December 10, 2006, 10:31:52 AM
I know that it was listed as an option on a 318 car but has anyone owned one or seen one personally?A verifiable one not just " I saw one one the net" or " a friend of a friend had one" Anyone can go to websites and quote what they read.

One in my town... '73 E44 A57
Seeking information on '69 St. Louis plant VINs, SPDs and VONs. Buld sheets and tag pictures appreciated. Over 3,000 on file thanks to people like you.

ACUDANUT

Hemihead, why do you say there is no such thing as a 72 Rallye with a 318. 

Mr_fixit

I used to own a 318 72 rallye charger, and still have the hood to prove it. I'm still kicking myself for selling it back in 1982 for $300. If I knew then what I know now I would have kept the doors and taillights and.... Oh, hel.l, I should have kept the whole thing.....Somewhere under the black paint or primer was gun metal blue paint w black interior

Todd Wilson

nakita7

ds440

I'm fairly sure the above car is "72Rallye440"s car who is a member here. 

I'm 90% sure that it is NOT an original 6-pack car.  But it is an original 440 Rallye with N96 hood (which he has to continually prove to people).  He pops up around here every once in awhile - a real nice guy.
1968 Charger R/T, 440 auto.

chargerkid

Hemihead...I have owned two 318 Rallyes in the past.

I also know where the one 72 Charger rallye six pack car is located and have seen it myself.

41husk

I have learned never say never, exspecialy when it comes to what ma mopar put in these old cars.
1969 Dodge Charger 500 440/727
1970 Challenger convertible 340/727
1970 Plymouth Duster FM3
1974 Dodge Dart /6/904
1983 Plymouth Scamp GT 2.2 Auto
1950 Dodge Pilot house pick up

d72hemi

Are those 72 six pack picktures? :drool5: all I see is red "X's" What do I do, what do I do? :icon_smile_sad:

red72chrgr

Quote from: 72Rallye340-N96 on December 10, 2006, 03:56:49 PM
Quote from: red72chrgr on December 10, 2006, 02:46:32 PM
Doesn't the radiator look small? Maybe it's the angle of the photo?

Its a non air car, so it has a 22 inch radiator. (22 inch fan shrouds can be expensive) 
Guess I need to look closer. :slap:
Nothing personal, just business

Nacho-RT74

It looks my info has been supported with lots of testimonials :)

ALL YOU NEED IS FAITH... JUST BELIEVE LOL :P

j/k
Venezuelan RT 74 400 4bbl, 727, 8.75 3.23 open. Now stroked with 440 crank and 3.55 SG. Here is the History and how is actually: http://www.dodgecharger.com/forum/index.php/topic,7603.0/all.html
http://www.dodgecharger.com/forum/index.php/topic,25060.0.html

ACUDANUT

If anyones cares, I found my build sheet and it is a "U" code car.  So, yes there are 72 318 rallye Chargers out there !!!

ralley72

I have a 72 rallye charger. It's a Lynch road built car,so the fender tag does not show the A57 code. It has the louvered doors, louvered tail lights, power bulge hood, I had to replace due to damaged with a 73 I found, front and rear sway bars, 8 3/4 rear, P code 400 4 bbl, Hemi Orange with black halo top. I have not found the build sheet yet, but the drivers door info tag matches the VIN number. Is having the info tag on a rallye door matching the VIN enough to prove it is a rallye car?

Mike
1973 Roadrunner 400 mag. 4 sp

The VIN does not tell you if it is a Rallye car, with two exceptions. All 340 cars were Rallyes, so an H in the VIN means it was a Rallye car. All coupes with WL21U2XXXXXXX VIN were Rallye cars, since the 440 was only available in the coupe as part of the Rallye package. Unfortunately, all other V-8 engines were available in all other models, so the VIN does not confirm that the car came with the Rallye package.

All the other things you mentioned, the bulge hood, the doors, the taillights and the rear sway bar are pretty strong evidence that your car is a Rallye, even if the VIN does not prove it.
pwlynn@att.net
1972 Charger Rallye coupe auto 440 N96, GY9 (1 of 28)
1990 Dakota convertible

ACUDANUT

When looking at the build sheet, what section Number and code do I look for to find the Rallye Code.  ?? Thanks

69CoronetRT

Quote from: ACUDANUT on February 24, 2007, 12:35:23 PM
When looking at the build sheet, what section Number and code do I look for to find the Rallye Code.  ?? Thanks

Line 7 "Combination groups " Look for A57
Seeking information on '69 St. Louis plant VINs, SPDs and VONs. Buld sheets and tag pictures appreciated. Over 3,000 on file thanks to people like you.

cheap

Since I am new to this board i have enjoyed the info on the 72 Rallyes...Can you all give me the lo-down on mine????? Unfortunatetly my original engine and tranny were gone when I got it 22 years ago so I just dropped in a 400 engine and 727 tranny...The rest of my car is all original,,I think....But I wouldnt want to inconvience anyone either......But I guess thats why I joined this site because of my passion for these 3rd gen chargers....

V78,, WH23,,P2g,,1553,,26,,V78,,N41,,N42,,N97,,R35,,V21,,CTD,,M08,,M21,,M25,,M31,,N23,,G36,,H51,,J25,,J52,,L31,,V4X,,U,,A57,,B41,,B51,,

G11,EV2,,S2X9,,TX9,,E68,,D34,,

I have a few ideas of the numbers,,but not all of them....Thanks to all who can help figure out what I have,,It is an original Rallye though...

ACUDANUT

Thanks I did find the A57 on the build sheet. You guys are right the fender tag from Lynch Road did not have this...However I have the original built sheet, so I am happy.