News:

It appears that the upgrade forces a login and many, many of you have forgotten your passwords and didn't set up any reminders. Contact me directly through helpmelogin@dodgecharger.com and I'll help sort it out.

Main Menu

YEE HAA!!! I GOT ONE !!!!!!!

Started by REDNECK, December 09, 2006, 06:57:06 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

REDNECK

well i picked up my first charger today. it ain't purity but its a start, it maybe just a parts car but its mine.
its a 74 318 SE brougham. it is roted pretty badly. it has auto trans, cruse control, rallye dash, and ac. you will see it in the parts forum and here is a pic and i will have more later. this is also my Christmas presint :icon_smile_big:

REDNECK

oops my bad heres the pic

bull

REDNECK

thanks bull. heres some more pics

1carcrazyguy

Looks like a good starting point for a cool project.  CONGRATS!! :yesnod:

BLACKWOLF

DAMN RYAN, THAT IS A TWIN TO MY 2ND. CAR THAT I OWNED. ARE YOU GOING TO LEAVE IT RED AND WHITE?
CALEB MOVED BACK TO SEDALIA, SO I AM GOING TO TAKE THE PARTS FROM THE 73 AND REBUILD THE 74 THAT I GOT FROM YOUR DAD. I HOPE TO HAVE IT DRIVEABLE BY LATE SUMMER. SO, THERE ISN'T GOING TO BE A DIRT CAR.
LINNY SMITH 73' CHARGER OWNER HPAC MEMBER NATIONAL STREET MACHINE CLUB LIFE MEMBER
I'M ON FACEBOOK

twilt

I`m not trying to be a jerk, but that looks like a parts car to me. Do what you want.... its your time and money.... but my experience tells me that buying a fairly solid driver is a lot cheaper than trying to peice a heap of scrap back together.

1carcrazyguy

I would say take your time, buy parts when ever you can, and do whatever you want with it.  I am not like most.  I can not currently afford the most desireable cars.  But I am having a TON of fun with what I have.  And hunting for more parts (and cars) is half the fun anyway.  The way I look at it.....get the cars bought now...then I have the rest of my life to improve on them!!!  :yesnod: :drool5:

BLACKWOLF

I AM GOING TO PUT MY 10.5 TO 1 360 AND TRANS. FROM MY RACE TRUCK IN IT. I DON'T FEEL LIKE CIRCLE TRACKING ANY LONGER. I AM TIRED OF SPENDING MY MONEY ON SOMETHING ,TO JUST HAVE SOMEONE DESTROY IT.
LINNY SMITH 73' CHARGER OWNER HPAC MEMBER NATIONAL STREET MACHINE CLUB LIFE MEMBER
I'M ON FACEBOOK

69charger2002

does look like a very rough car for a starting point. especially on such a common charger. but hey at least you got one! congrats on your purchase and good luck whatever you decide to do. just make sure you realize the work and money involved as compared to a better running driving project car which won't break the bank either
trav
i live in CHARGERLAND.. visitors welcome. 166 total, 7 still around      

http://charger01foster.tripod.com/

rt green

ita a fun hobby. having a real charger is better than looking at a bunch of pictures of one. and, who says you have to go stock? it was mentioned in thiis thread that 3rd gen chargers comon, so parts should be somewhat easy to find. you build it the way you want it.   my second car i had was a 71 charger. it wasnt stock. in fact, where i grew up, there was two kinds of cars, stock and bad ass. anyway, i had more fun driving that car than any stock one i ever had, and belive me, it wasnt perfect. but i still loved it.  i guess the point i'm trying to make, after looking at what you bought, it would be easier to make a super fun  hot rod out of it. look at how much fun the street rod guys have, and are their cars stock?  seems to me once you build a  car back to factory specs, your done. the fun is over.  then to continue the hobby, you have to go and buy another car, or a can of wax, and go bench racing. with a hot rod, when styles change, if you wish, so can you, and you only have to have one parking space.    my 2 cents
third string oil changer

REDNECK

thanks everyone. i have decided to part the car out. it just has to much rust to fix up. i don't have the money to fix it but the money i make off the car will go to buy a better project car. anybody want parts :icon_smile_big:

REDNECK

here is a good pic of how bad the rust is :'(

twilt

REDNECK

Quote from: REDNECK on December 10, 2006, 10:03:57 AM
here is a good pic of how bad the rust is :'(
sorry here are the pics

TruckDriver

Is this your first car? I hope you got it cheap.
PETE

My Dad taught me about TIME TRAVEL.
"If you don't straighten up, I'm going to knock you into the middle of next week!" :P

twilt

Good decision.  Buy a couple more parts cars like that cheap and build the best body.

Silver R/T

pretty rusty, will need lots of work. Good luck
http://www.cardomain.com/id/mitmaks

1968 silver/black/red striped R/T
My Charger is hybrid, it runs on gas and on tears of ricers
2001 Ram 2500 CTD
1993 Mazda MX-3 GS SE
1995 Ford Cobra SVT#2722

Ghoste

If you read the rest of the thread, you'll see that he decided to part it out.

Charger Aficionado

Quote from: Ghoste on December 10, 2006, 01:00:03 PM
If you read the rest of the thread, you'll see that he decided to part it out.

Why bother?  (I just look at the pictures).

dads_69

It doesn't make any sense from the beginning. His second sentence says, it ain't pretty but its a start. Then he wrote you'll see it in the parts forum. But the title reads, yee haa, like its a duke car and I got one. Sorry, I just had to comment. Must be a red neck thing, unsure from the get go on what to do with it. Seams more like a ploy to advertise for parts.
Mark
Hey, you can hate the game but don't hate the player.

Silver R/T

well I guess then you dont have one...you're parting it out
http://www.cardomain.com/id/mitmaks

1968 silver/black/red striped R/T
My Charger is hybrid, it runs on gas and on tears of ricers
2001 Ram 2500 CTD
1993 Mazda MX-3 GS SE
1995 Ford Cobra SVT#2722

Goldfinger71

1971 Charger R/T   GY9 Dark Gold Metallic, V1Y Gold Top, GY4 Light Gold Interior- A/C, Rimblow, PW, Front Disc, AM-FM, Tach, Light Package, Slotted Tips, Trailer Tow Package(MIA)and a few other odds and ends...including a luggage rack!

rt green

what????????? your pussing out? you seemed so excited  when you got it! people replace quarter panels at this site when there's a frigen scratch on them! and  thats ok, but when theres more gone, they freek out............... man, thats commitment. why did you even waste  your time?  you should rethink this.
third string oil changer

Charger1973

That car looks familiar.  Did you get it in Iowa?

If I was you, Id hold onto that car until you get another.  You dont have enough parts to make a complete car at the moment and with these cars it usually is cheaper to buy a parts car than buy them one peice at a time.  Your best bet is to buy another car that has the parts you need and build the better of the 2.  Like others have said they arent as hard to find or expensive as a 2nd gen and they are still out there.  By keeping this one you would save yourself a hunt for a parts car later, if nothing else.  Im not saying you cant build that car but if it looks that rusty on the outside im sure theres plenty more hidden inside.  If its just quarters, rockers and floor pans thats one thing but when door jams, inner fenders, trunk floors, firewalls, roof and everything else start to rot its best to get a different car to start with because they dont make those parts.  Unless you are good at fabricating you will be spending alot of $$$ to get back to a decent rust free shell again.  Just remember if you part it out now, you might be selling the parts you need when you go to build your car!