News:

It appears that the upgrade forces a login and many, many of you have forgotten your passwords and didn't set up any reminders. Contact me directly through helpmelogin@dodgecharger.com and I'll help sort it out.

Main Menu

Newbie here, '68 Charger R/T

Started by factorybrook, December 09, 2006, 08:19:47 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Bandit72

Daddy ran whiskey in a big black dodge
bought it at an auction at the masons lodge,
Johnson County Sherriff painted on the side,
just shot a coat of primer then he looked inside,
well him and my uncle tore that engine down,
I still remember that rumblin' sound.....

bull

tan top

Quote from: terrible one on December 10, 2006, 10:20:02 PM
I agree with the rest of these guys. $6,500 for a 440 4 spd car that isn't really rotten is a steal!
:iagree:     sounds like a real good deal , 
Feel free to post any relevant picture you think we all might like to see in the threads below!

Charger Stuff 
http://www.dodgecharger.com/forum/index.php/topic,86777.0.html
Chargers in the background where you least expect them 
http://www.dodgecharger.com/forum/index.php/topic,97261.0.html
C500 & Daytonas & Superbirds
http://www.dodgecharger.com/forum/index.php/topic,95432.0.html
Interesting pictures & Stuff 
http://www.dodgecharger.com/forum/index.php/topic,109484.925.html
Old Dodge dealer photos wanted
 http://www.dodgecharger.com/forum/index.php/topic,120850.0.html

factorybrook

It's already a done deal, it's that he's old school, he does things on his schedule, and if you don't like it, take a hike... He said he'll call me this week and let me know when it's ready to come out. I'm anxious to see the back end of the beast... What you see in the photo is all that I could see. The passenger side is about 1.5" from the barn wall. He said there is alot of old Detroit muscle hidden in town, telling me of another '68 which he was sure was a hemi, rotting away in a friend's back yard. There used to be a very active drag strip that closed in the early 70's. I'll let you know when it bring it home.

Drew

8WHEELER

Quote from: bull on December 10, 2006, 10:03:00 PM
Yea, can you get the cash right away? I'd take the cash and a trailer the next time you go, remove all the junk and take it with you. If you did nothing but turn around and sell it I bet you could double your money.

:iagree:  Yep, hook up a trailer and the next time you go over there have that and the cash. If its
a clear title, and you have the cash and the room, that is one hell of a good find and you will not
loose your money on it, good luck   :yesnod: :yesnod:

Well I had this all typed out before your last post, but my feeling is still the same.

Dan
74 Dart Sport 360, just for added fun.

41husk

If it is a real hemi car or even a clone with a hemi in it, I would make it a (Hime) car. Used to belong to him, now it belongs to me ;D
1969 Dodge Charger 500 440/727
1970 Challenger convertible 340/727
1970 Plymouth Duster FM3
1974 Dodge Dart /6/904
1983 Plymouth Scamp GT 2.2 Auto
1950 Dodge Pilot house pick up

Charger_Fan

The Aquamax...yes, this bike spent 2 nights underwater one weekend. (Not my doing), but it gained the name, and has since become pseudo-famous. :)

bull

factorybrook

I was watching that one... The one I'm picking up is in far better condition that that, although it lacks the a/c. The 440 runs nicely, not as much rust. I did find out that in the early 70's he traded his original white interior for a black one that a friend of his had in his '68. Go figure... I hope the build sheet is under the carpet, not under a white seat someplace. I should be bringing it home this weekend.  :drool5:

hemi68charger

Quote from: factorybrook on December 12, 2006, 04:26:53 PM
I was watching that one... The one I'm picking up is in far better condition that that, although it lacks the a/c. The 440 runs nicely, not as much rust. I did find out that in the early 70's he traded his original white interior for a black one that a friend of his had in his '68. Go figure... I hope the build sheet is under the carpet, not under a white seat someplace. I should be bringing it home this weekend.  :drool5:

Your friend still have the white interior?  Doesn't hurt to ask....   ;D
Troy
'69 Charger Daytona 440 auto 4.10 Dana ( now 426 HEMI )
'70 Superbird 426 Hemi auto: Lindsley Bonneville Salt Flat world record holder (220.2mph)
Houston Mopar Club Connection

41husk

yep, infact I changed seats in my Challenger years ago sold the house I was living in and left a bunch of parts including those bucket seats.  I remembered about two years later when I needed a challenger fan shroud that I had left it with some other parts in the garage rafters.  I went to the front door explained to the owner, who said its probably still there he had never been up there.  Sure enough, got several of my ebody extras back.  Gave the guy $20 bucks to go out to dinner he diddn't even want to take that.  It never hurts to ask.
1969 Dodge Charger 500 440/727
1970 Challenger convertible 340/727
1970 Plymouth Duster FM3
1974 Dodge Dart /6/904
1983 Plymouth Scamp GT 2.2 Auto
1950 Dodge Pilot house pick up

19Charger68

Really nice find!  Great Price!  I wouldn't hessitate one minute to grab that one!
Bruce

HeavyFuel

Quote from: bull on December 12, 2006, 03:54:40 PM
You might want to keep an eye on this one as a barometer: http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/Dodge-Charger-1968-DODGE-CHARGER-RT-4sp_W0QQitemZ270065880143QQihZ017QQcategoryZ6199QQrdZ1QQcmdZViewItem

I slayes me when they say in the description, "Easy Resto".   Every single item on that car will have to be replaced or rebuilt.  Easy, my butt.

Charger41971

Nice score.  :cheers:  I recently spotted a '68 myself, in a garage with about 2" of dust and a bunch of boxes on it. Unfortunately I was in a customers car and couldn't stop. I've been by there 10 times and never anyone home.  :-[ But I won't give up- sooner or later someone has to be there.  ;D

Tim
'71 Charger McCandless-built 383/727/3.55 SG (sons)
'06 2500 CTD