News:

It appears that the upgrade forces a login and many, many of you have forgotten your passwords and didn't set up any reminders. Contact me directly through helpmelogin@dodgecharger.com and I'll help sort it out.

Main Menu

Who Saved their car?

Started by Mean 318, December 12, 2006, 12:10:54 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Mean 318

I duno if this has been done here, but.... Who here saved there car from death? Tell us the story and post up a before and an after pic!

Here is my cars story-I found my car sitting in a field! The guy bought the car for $500.00 and then parked it in his field after the trans started to go.... Well when he got it only had surface rust, by the time I got to it needed quarters, deck pan, trunk, and a lower fender! The only thing that kept the frame and the floors from rusting was all of the oil and trany fluid that had coated them! I offered him $1200.00 and he wouldn't take it, he said hell no. I asked him if he ever planed on fixing it or posting it up for sale, he said no it will just sit. So I couldn't stand to see it rust into the ground so I coughed up $1500.00. Now she is getting treated right!!

Silver R/T

http://www.cardomain.com/id/mitmaks

1968 silver/black/red striped R/T
My Charger is hybrid, it runs on gas and on tears of ricers
2001 Ram 2500 CTD
1993 Mazda MX-3 GS SE
1995 Ford Cobra SVT#2722

Brock Samson

i saved mine from the crusher in '84,.. buddy told me he thought he saw a black charger from the freeway so we went to look,..
sure enuff there was a rusty, stripped R/T SE, triple black with most of it's trim five cars from being crushed,..
i knew i wanted that very car cause it would be mine and done the way i wanted by me...
i figguered two years and ten grand would be enuff time 'n $ to whip her into shape..  :rotz:

yeah it took awhile,. about eight times longer then i thought...  :-\

kab69440

My old man nearly beat my axx up one side and down the other when he found out I paid four hundred dollars for this when I was a punk kid...
Imagination was given to man to compensate him for what he is not;  a sense of humor to console him for what he is.      Francis Bacon

WANT TO BUY:
Looking for a CD by  'The Sub-Mersians'  entitled "Raw Love Songs From My Garage To Your Bedroom"

Also, any of the various surf-revival compilation albums this band has contributed to.
Thank you,    Kenny

Jesus drove a Honda. He wasn't proud of it, though...
John 12: 49     "...for I did not speak of my own Accord."

BB1

I saved this F6 69 Bee from the junkyard back in 87'. I drove out of the yard with everything still on it.
383 4-speed w/ramcharger and a rare performance hood paint. Yes black hood scoops are an option.
:yesnod:

Wish I still had it.  :'(
Delete my profile

Bandit72

Quote from: Silver R/T on December 12, 2006, 12:13:19 AM
cool car for the money

cool car PERIOD  thats where you should have ended that statement....
Daddy ran whiskey in a big black dodge
bought it at an auction at the masons lodge,
Johnson County Sherriff painted on the side,
just shot a coat of primer then he looked inside,
well him and my uncle tore that engine down,
I still remember that rumblin' sound.....

Nacho-RT74

I only saved my car from some wrong new owner's hands, not from junkyard or crushers ( pics on my sig link )
Venezuelan RT 74 400 4bbl, 727, 8.75 3.23 open. Now stroked with 440 crank and 3.55 SG. Here is the History and how is actually: http://www.dodgecharger.com/forum/index.php/topic,7603.0/all.html
http://www.dodgecharger.com/forum/index.php/topic,25060.0.html

Vainglory, Esq.

I saved mine from spending another 20 years in a central Illinois backyard.

I didn't realize it at the time, but it was so far gone that it was a prime candidate for the crusher.  In any case, I'm glad I saved it, and it's certainly pretty now.

terrible one

I didn't save mine firsthand, but the guy that I bought it from did. The story goes:

In 1999, the guy that I bought it from, Randy, was driving either out of or back into Missouri, when he spotted my '68 Charger sitting in the back of a yard. He turned back to ask about the car, which had taken a really hard lick to the front end and already had a pretty fair sized tree growing up through the engine compartment. He knocked on the front door, and an older man came to ask what he wanted. Randy told him that he was interested in the Charger, and asked about buying it. The old man told him that it belonged to his son, who bought the car in 1989 and had left the car in his yard, where it was at the time. I'm not sure if the car was wrecked after this guy's son bought it, or if he bought it, wrecked it, and then parked it in the yard. Anyways, the old guy gave it to Randy for $500, and Randy came the next day with a trailor and a saw and got the car loaded up. From there, he took it to a restoration shop in Missiouri called "Birds, Bees, and R/T's". They assessed the front end and had Randy find a hood and a passenger side fender for the car, both of which were beyond repair. They saved the drivers side fender, and did great work from what I can tell (no more than a skim coat of filler used). Anyways, the guy at Birds, Bees, and R/T's got the engine bay stripped and in primer, along with the hood and fenders. The front suspension and brakes were all done, and everything is new but the sway bar. Randy also found a complete grill for the car since the original was extremely damaged from the accident. The only thing wrong with this grill is the center piece. Anyways, that is about all of the work that was done to the car during the time that Randy owned it. I bought it from him through Ebay about a year ago. I don't know anything more on the history of the car aside from the "Texas Chiropractic College 1982-83" sticker on the rear bumper. The title that I have is a transfer from Flippin, Arkansas, and I bought the car out of Harrisonville, Missouri. So it seems that the car has been around between Arkansas, Texas, and Missiouri all it's life. The only thing that threw me off was when I pulled the gas tank. It had a shipping sticker still on it, that was addressed to Compton Motors in Egg Harbor, New Jersey! So I'm guessing that the car had it's gas tank replaced by that dealership at some point in it's life.

BlueSS454

I've saved all 3 of my Chevelles and the Charger from being crushed or rusted out of existence forever.
Tom Rightler