News:

It appears that the upgrade forces a login and many, many of you have forgotten your passwords and didn't set up any reminders. Contact me directly through helpmelogin@dodgecharger.com and I'll help sort it out.

Main Menu

superbird nose

Started by 70charger_boy, December 08, 2006, 07:40:32 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

70charger_boy

Can somebody tell me if a 70 superbird nose would fit a 70 charger

THE CHARGER PUNK

Yep fit exactly like the daytona nose just as a 70 charger bumper would fit on a superbird front end-MATT( and yes i have seen both done)

70charger_boy

thanks matt  There is one on ebay right now that needs some work now the question is should I bid on it?  It's at 3 grand

**Inactive Link Removed**

THE CHARGER PUNK

needs little work and seems like a deal for something that mint will only go up in price if u feel the need to sell it in the future-MATT (the charger ''supercharger'' concept has a superbird nose on it, u can see the nose line in the center , lines up with the 70 charger hood center line)
, as if it were originally made for the charger instead of the superbird)
see pics below

70charger_boy

What a sweet ride!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!  Well, i'm the high bidder.

THE CHARGER PUNK

of course you would need these to mount it(you can get these from any place that repops wing car parts,)
These superbird parts and daytona valence below are from www.dayclona.com very pricy,it seems the best and easiest on the wallet is here in BC http://www.islandserve.com/~dc99/,theres also stinger fiberglass and winged warrior body parts( also u could mount headlights behind the grille and make the headlight doors non-functional)
Z-brackets

grille screen

grille frame

And this daytona valence

70charger_boy

You know what I'm thinking?  If I win that superbird nose I'm gonna use it to make a fiberglass repop and make it affordable to us die hard mopar guys, or is that a bad idea?

70charger_boy

Thanks for the islandserve link.  I love the batmobile repro.  For $35,000 I think its a steal

hotrod98

Quote from: 70charger_boy on December 08, 2006, 09:41:31 PM
You know what I'm thinking? If I win that superbird nose I'm gonna use it to make a fiberglass repop and make it affordable to us die hard mopar guys, or is that a bad idea?

Copying that nose won't be as easy as it looks. You can buy a cheap repop already for around $695 ( http://www.showcars-bodyparts.com/superbird.html ) and you don't have to waste your time building the molds. If you factor in the high cost of materials including a good resin there's not much room for profit. I'm kind of thinking that you haven't priced the materials yet.  ;D
What is needed however, is an inexpensive correct steel back glass plug for a superbird and the correct appearing back glass moldings. If you decide to build either of these for cheap, let me know. I would be interested. For right now, I'm leaving my back glass stock until someone steps up and starts making those moldings. I don't want that fiberglass piece or that cheap lexan back window. Just not nice enough for me.
Now if you decide to build a daytona and need an altered trunk lid or wing braces, contact me. I can help you out there.

http://www.showcars-bodyparts.com/superbird.html

Normal is an illusion. What is normal for the spider is chaos for the fly.
Charles Addams

62 Max

Quote from: THE CHARGER PUNK on December 08, 2006, 08:52:23 PM
of course you would need these to mount it(you can get these from any place that repops wing car parts,)
These superbird parts and daytona valence below are from www.dayclona.com very pricy,it seems the best and easiest on the wallet is here in BC http://www.islandserve.com/~dc99/,theres also stinger fiberglass and winged warrior body parts( also u could mount headlights behind the grille and make the headlight doors non-functional)
Z-brackets

grille screen

grille frame

And this daytona valence

You are going to have to do some massaging on the Daytona valance.Bottom contour is different.You also need the bottom galvanized filler panel.

70charger_boy

Thanks Hot Rod.  I have access, so to speak, to fiberglass,release molds and resins so that could cut down on costs.  I know it wont be easy to do by no means.  I  just want to find a way to make this hobby affordable for the regular guy.  It took my years of saving and crying when I saw a charger.  It was my dream to own a charger, preferably a 69, but now I have a 70.  If I can make some money on something I like to do and can make a charger obtainable to the younger broke guys then that will be my mission.  I'll see what I can do about a window plug.  I much rather like the look of the stock window, myself

Daytona R/T SE

Quote from: 70charger_boy on December 08, 2006, 08:51:21 PM
What a sweet ride!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!  Well, i'm the high bidder.

That nosecone on ebay looks like it hit the wall at Daytona doing 180...the metal is all stretched out of shape and it's full of slide hammer holes...I wouldn't give much for it unless it was painted corporate blue and signed by King Richard himself...

Daytona R/T SE

Quote from: THE CHARGER PUNK on December 08, 2006, 07:50:19 PM
Yep fit exactly like the daytona nose just as a 70 charger bumper would fit on a superbird front end-MATT( and yes i have seen both done)

Got a pic?

hotrod98

Quote from: 70charger_boy on December 08, 2006, 10:21:25 PM
Thanks Hot Rod. I have access, so to speak, to fiberglass,release molds and resins so that could cut down on costs. I know it wont be easy to do by no means. I just want to find a way to make this hobby affordable for the regular guy. It took my years of saving and crying when I saw a charger. It was my dream to own a charger, preferably a 69, but now I have a 70. If I can make some money on something I like to do and can make a charger obtainable to the younger broke guys then that will be my mission. I'll see what I can do about a window plug. I much rather like the look of the stock window, myself

Hey, I'm all for saving people money. That's why I started manufacturing the wing braces for the daytonas. I sell them for at least half of what everyone else gets for them. I convert the trunk lids for half as much as most of the other guys as well and use steel parts instead of fiberglass. I just had another steel 40 x 80 building built and hope to be expanding into more areas of the wing car parts real soon. We've been trying to find someone to bend up the trunk hinges for the last few months without much success. As a last resort, I'll build my own hydraulic bender with the correct 3 1/2" radius for the .125 wall steel tubing. Mine will look identical the originals. I welcome all newcomers to this business in hopes of all of us getting better deals.
Check out my website www.maniacmusclecars.com. It's basic but it will have to do for now. I need to get a few more pics of some of our cars on there. We're just little fish in a big pond.

Quote from: Daytona R/T SE on December 08, 2006, 11:05:03 PM
Quote from: THE CHARGER PUNK on December 08, 2006, 07:50:19 PM

Got a pic?

I wouldn't mind seeing that pic myself. ;D

Normal is an illusion. What is normal for the spider is chaos for the fly.
Charles Addams

THE CHARGER PUNK

the 70 coronet with superbird fenders and hood but 70 charger bumper and grille was on some swiss or german site (cant remember),and the 70 charger daytona clone with bird nose is seen below in pic.(as you can see it is modded nose with sanded down center line and custom home made valence, as you can see also the 70 charger hood doesnt line up so you can use a modified 70 coronet hood (exactly what superbirds used), there was a 70 daytona clone with a bird hood it , it was a gold and red with miller stickers on it , it was a nascar replica(cant remember site, but place was also selling a 69 F8 daytona se survivor with bullit hubcaps and white wing and black interior, called muscle city in florida? or soemthing liek that hard 2 remember but guy had a video of him introducing the car for every car that came in with its history and rarity, i found the link as the 2 daytonas one F8 green se and one daytona nascar replica were on www.cars-on-line.com, anyways heres the pic and link to the 70 charger with shaved bird nose and home made valence-MATT

LINK 2 THE PAGE OF THIS CAR WITH MORE PICS
http://www.eastohiocoolcars.com/Road%20Trip/RoadTrip2003/005/1970Daytona.htm

hemigeno

It is hard to say from one single picture if that is a Superbird nosecone or not.  Couldn't it be a Daytona nosecone with the forward radiator inlet filled in?  Wouldn't that be the reason they had to add the turn signals the way they did?  A 'Bird nosecone would have provisions for the turn signals already without having to resort to what is on that car. 

You can't take that website's description as gospel either.

I also don't think a '70 Charger loop bumper would fit very well at all on a Superbird (or '70 Coronet with a chopped hood).  Did you consider the possibility that the Swiss/German site got it wrong and referenced Superbird instead of Daytona?  Could be that someone grafted a '70 Charger front clip on a '70 Coronet.  While that would still take some serious fabrication (to get the fenders to fit right against the door/cowl), I suppose it could be done.  Gee, if we could only see it...

BigBlockSam

I won't be wronged, I wont be Insulted and I wont be laid a hand on. I don't do these things to others, and I require the same from them.

[IMG]http://i45.tinypic.com/347b5v5.jpg[/img

nascarxx29

Ive seen the supercharger of Steve J.Im not aware if its a superbird nose used on it Raffi M found it first in a estate sale.He brought it east to PA.He sent it over to Dave Totally Auto in PA.That didnt choose to repaint or restore it Then sometime later Steve J had the car.This guy Dave T in the wing car club saw it back in its day at a Van Nuys Ca dealership.This same car which is a 68 was before the Engel Topless charger .And later restyled as the supercharger.And recieved 70 interior.The article saying it used a daytona type nose leaded in

1969 R4 Daytona XX29L9B410772
1970 EV2 Superbird RM23UOA174597
1970 FY1 Superbird RM23UOA166242
1970 EV2 Superbird RM23VOA179697
1968 426 Road Runner RM21J8A134509
1970 Coronet RT WS23UOA224126
1970 Daytona Clone XP29GOG178701

nascarxx29

That other daytona pictured with the motorcyle type parking lights.Is in Va I know that car and owner

Ghoste

Quote from: nascarxx29 on December 09, 2006, 05:08:40 PM
That other daytona pictured with the motorcyle type parking lights.Is in Va I know that car and owner

;D  Dave, I don't think there is a single wing car and owner you don't know of.

nascarxx29

Thanks Ghoste Just a hobby I enjoy and been in along time.That turned obession

70charger_boy

How much work would it be to make a topless charger?

THE CHARGER PUNK

first find a car that u would have the guts 2 chop the top off then mosttly fab skills come into play-MATT

70charger_boy

maybe I could buy a hlpag car and chop the top off of it?

nascarxx29

Just got an e mail from Steve J. Here is what he said:

"daytona nose. when i stripped it i saw the front opening was once there and covered over. steve"