News:

It appears that the upgrade forces a login and many, many of you have forgotten your passwords and didn't set up any reminders. Contact me directly through helpmelogin@dodgecharger.com and I'll help sort it out.

Main Menu

1970 Dodge Charger Registry Car of the Month

Started by bill440rt, December 04, 2006, 09:12:56 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

bill440rt

A humble yet honorable mention, my '70 was just nominated December Car of the Month by the 1970 Dodge Charger Registry on their website.
Here are some links:
http://1970chargerregistry.com/index.html
http://1970chargerregistry.com/Misc/cotm_dec.html

The car of the month tab is towards the bottom of the page. If any members here have not been on the 1970 Charger Registry 'site, be sure to visit! It's chock full of very useful information, right at your fingertips. Great message board also pertaining to 1970 Chargers. If you have a 1970 Charger be sure to register your car, it only takes a few minutes.
"Strive for perfection in everything. Take the best that exists and make it better. If it doesn't exist, create it. Accept nothing nearly right or good enough." Sir Henry Rolls Royce

BigBlockSam

sweet car man, i'm surprised i've never seen your car around . i live about 30 minutes from you . Rene
I won't be wronged, I wont be Insulted and I wont be laid a hand on. I don't do these things to others, and I require the same from them.

[IMG]http://i45.tinypic.com/347b5v5.jpg[/img

Just 6T9 CHGR

Bills car is hermetically sealed right now.......it brought a tear to my eye seeing it get rained on at Carlisle this year :(

Pictures do not do the car justice......heck Tim Wellborn of 71 Hemi Charger fame, picked his car out of all the cars @ Carlisle as his top pick.
Thats gotta say something for the craftsmanship Bill put into the car.....and he did it ALL himself!
:cheers: to ya bud!
Chris' '69 Charger R/T

nitrometal

Congrats  :thumbs:  What a beautiful ride and an interesting story to go along with it!
I love the smell of nitro in the morning.

http://pettysuperbird.com

Shakey

Hemidog

SeattleCharger

Why would you want anything else?  Just give me a Charger and I'll be happy.

PocketThunder

"Liberalism is a disease that attacks one's ability to understand logic. Extreme manifestations include the willingness to continue down a path of self destruction, based solely on a delusional belief in a failed ideology."

69_500

Gorgeous car. Interesting reading there as well. I'll bet your heart dropped when you found out how bad the car had been damaged in transporting it. But glad to see it living life well now.

bill440rt

Thanks for taking the time to read about it, guys! I'm actually very flattered by being chosen. I'm just a simple guy, who just works long & very hard on my car projects to reach the goal. I always try to help out others whenever I can, too.

Speaking of help Just 6T9, I didn't do it ALL myself. I did have some help of very good friends. At least, they tell me they're my friends.  :D  And just as you helped me, I owe you some V21 buddy!!!!!!   :drive: :2thumbs:

69_500, yeah I kinda knew it was bad, I was following them when the incident happened. Didn't look pretty. The damage actually wasn't that severe, it was just all over. A scratch here, a dent there, broken grille, a bent bumper, a dented 1/4 panel that was just NOS only a short while before... you get the picture. That happened almost 10 years ago, but something one never forgets. The car has held up nicely, looks like the day it was done.

"Strive for perfection in everything. Take the best that exists and make it better. If it doesn't exist, create it. Accept nothing nearly right or good enough." Sir Henry Rolls Royce

69_500

I was thinking maybe you were already at the show, and got a phone call telling you what happened. Not sure which would be worse, seeing it happen or getting a call when your at a show waiting on it to arrive. Either way would make my stomach crawl.

70 Charger RT

70 Charger R/T - 440/6
07 BMW 328iS
04 GMC SLE 2500 Diesel

JMF

Lovely car, you must have "fun" cleaning all that white : )

Beep Beep Dave

Wow that was a great story right until the accident. Glad to see you fixed it all back up. Your car looks awesome and you did some great work! Congrats!
BTW Chris also send out incredible prizes to each Charger of the Month owner. I couldn't believe my eyes when the 18 wheeler pulled up to the house....

Dave
'69-1/2 SIXPACK/SIXBBL REGISTRY On-Line Registry for the Lift Off Hood cars!!!
Maple Leaf Mopars your Canadian Mopar site.

1970 Charger R/T

bill440rt

You mean we win 18-wheelers???  :D  ChrisG., just make sure mine has a heated trailer!!!

72chargerSE

Bill,

I know your car well, I've admired it for many years and have seen it personally at Carlisle. Harold Sullivan is the President of our car calub, North Oakland Mopar Muscle, I know him very well. To have him pick your car for an award is an honor!

Once again, beautiful car ( I used your restoration as a benchmark for craftsmanship while doing mine!!)

www.440sixpack.com

Mike

resq302

Damn Bill, I knew you had a nice car but never knew what you went through with it.  Amazing story and my heart took a dive when I was reading about the accident.  Glad to see that persistance paid off and you got it back to the condition is was in.  Truely amazing car and excellent color combo.  Shame that they didn't make that color in 69 otherwise my car would have been a close twin.  Ok...., maybe not as detailed as your car.   Still all the same, gorgeous car.
Brian
1969 Dodge Charger (factory 4 speed, H code 383 engine,  AACA Senior winner, 2008 Concours d'Elegance participant, 2009 Concours d'Elegance award winner)
1970 Challenger Convert. factory #'s matching red inter. w/ white body.  318 car built 9/28/69 (AACA Senior winner)
1969 Plymough GTX convertible - original sheet metal, #'s matching drivetrain, T3 Honey Bronze, 1 of 701 produced, 1 of 362 with 440 4 bbl - auto

472 R/T SE

Quote from: bill440rt on December 09, 2006, 12:02:15 PM
You mean we win 18-wheelers???  :D  ChrisG., just make sure mine has a heated trailer!!!

We just took the cruise to the Bahamas instead.  ;)

Spike

Quote from: 472 R/T SE on December 09, 2006, 08:07:21 PM
Quote from: bill440rt on December 09, 2006, 12:02:15 PM

We just took the cruise to the Bahamas instead.  ;)

Chris we gotta talk.......... :mrt: