News:

It appears that the upgrade forces a login and many, many of you have forgotten your passwords and didn't set up any reminders. Contact me directly through helpmelogin@dodgecharger.com and I'll help sort it out.

Main Menu

Anyone have info on a GOLD 1971 Charger R/T?

Started by Charger1973, December 17, 2006, 01:09:51 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Charger1973

It was a 1971 Charger R/T, gold with black vinyl top and stripes. I think it had body colored bumpers too.  I remember seeing this in a local (Iowa) car trader ad about 10 or so years ago.  It was an awesome car and I remember wishing I could afford it, I should have kept the ad.  I still wonder about that car to this day.  I have never seen another like it.  Does anyone know of the car by chance or have pics of one like it? 

68charger70cuda

you mean like this? i have had two of them, one new in 71 and one i restored a couple of years ago.

68charger70cuda

i drove this car to work one day, and this chick in a new beemer convertible (who i swear looked like teri hatcher of desparate housewives) drives along side and sez "thats the most AWESOME car i have ever seen".  i was speechless..

Brock Samson

:o

i agree looks top shelf as the Brits. say..
were gonna need a photo shop of the bumbers being body color too.... hint... hint..  :icon_smile_wink:

Charger1973

rt green

good looking car. that seems to be the perfect color  combo for that body style.  my 2 cents
third string oil changer

68charger70cuda

i got it on ebay from hawaii. it had only been there two years, and came from montana originally. very little rust. it was a hemi orange car originally too. first i had it done gold like my first one, then i got the hots for purple. it turned out pretty good too, but i really should have had it done in orange again. i had the engine stroked to 500ci, so it was pretty fast too. i sold it awhile back to finance my latest project (hemi cuda convertible.)

hotrod98

Any pics of it while it was orange? Would love to see that.

Normal is an illusion. What is normal for the spider is chaos for the fly.
Charles Addams

MOPARHOUND!

Here is a gold 71 Charger R/T from Georgia.  No rubber bumpers though:

1971 Charger R/T, 440 H.P., Auto, A/C Daily Driven (till gas went nuts).  NOW IN CARS FOR SALE SECTION: http://www.dodgecharger.com/forum/index.php/topic,48709.0.html
1969 Charger 318/Auto (latest addtion): http://www.dodgecharger.com/forum/index.php/topic,31948.0.html
*Speed costs money son, how fast do you want to go, and for how long?"
*"Build the biggest engine you can afford the first time."
*"We normally wouldn't use a 383 for this build, parts and labor for a 440 cost the same."

vert

Wow!  Boh of these are Hotttt!  And your blue R/T as well.  I saw a GY9 Hemi charger on Racing Junk many months ago, but too much bling for me. 

Doright

SUPER NICE!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! :o
Cant wait for mine to look that good
Doright
A&P FCC 
I play with cars because Jets are way too serious to be fun any more
I have so many car projects that cars are beginning to be no fun any more

mikesbbody

charger73 are you sure the gold charger you saw had colored bumpers? im quite sure they were only offered in certain colors (gold not being one of them) maybe they were painted? anyway i know of one sitting in a guy backyard in arizona and there are 2 other 71 rt's on the same property i cant say where just incase i step on somone's toes theres alot of third gen stuff in that backyard im sure it will get its resto one day.

Charger1973

Quote from: mikesbbody on December 18, 2006, 10:54:24 PM
charger73 are you sure the gold charger you saw had colored bumpers? im quite sure they were only offered in certain colors (gold not being one of them) maybe they were painted? anyway i know of one sitting in a guy backyard in arizona and there are 2 other 71 rt's on the same property i cant say where just incase i step on somone's toes theres alot of third gen stuff in that backyard im sure it will get its resto one day.

No its been like 10 years it could just be my imagination. :P