News:

It appears that the upgrade forces a login and many, many of you have forgotten your passwords and didn't set up any reminders. Contact me directly through helpmelogin@dodgecharger.com and I'll help sort it out.

Main Menu

bull dog heads

Started by idahogrumpy, February 11, 2007, 03:46:44 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

idahogrumpy

Hey anybody know is Bull Dog still in business? I tried their web sight and it will not work. I want one of their valley covers for my 440.

Grumpy
Too much to say
Too much to do
Too tired to get it done
Too stubborn to give up
GRUMPY
Modified 73 440 Charger, 03 Intrepid SXT, 02 Neon and 2001 Ram 1500 .

Charger Aficionado

Ask Chryco Psycho:

http://www.dodgecharger.com/forum/index.php?action=profile;u=3

I think he knows them pretty well...

So what have you heard about this product?

mikepmcs

Couldn't find anything on the google but stumbled across this indy one.  Maybe you could use that one, just thought i'd throw it up there for you to check out.

http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/Mopar-BB-Indy-Aluminum-valley-pan_W0QQitemZ260085896892QQihZ016QQcategoryZ107063QQrdZ1QQcmdZViewItem

v/r
Mike
Life isn't Father Knows Best anymore, it's a kick in the face on a saturday night with a steel toed grip kodiak work boot and a trip to the hospital all bloodied and bashed.....for reconstructive surgery. But, what doesn't kill us, makes us stronger, right?

firefighter3931

As far as i know, Bulldog is out of the BB Mopar head business. They were descent heads but were not as good as originally claimed and like Indy....require work to get the most out of them. Member Blown68coronet has a set on his car and they work great....but they were upgraded for the application (ported, competition valvejob, back cut to the valves, new valvesprings etc....)

Ron

Ps. Is that you Kyle ? The username sounds familiar but i haven't seen you post in a long time. If so, welcome back  :wave:
68 Charger R/T "Black Pig" Street/Strip bruiser, 70 Charger R/T 440-6bbl Cruiser. Firecore ignition  authorized dealer ; contact me with your needs

idahogrumpy

Yes, It's me. ;D I have been here at least once a week. Just havn't had anything to say. I had to reinlist so to speak because my account went away a while back. ::)
Too much to say
Too much to do
Too tired to get it done
Too stubborn to give up
GRUMPY

firefighter3931

Quote from: idahogrumpy on February 12, 2007, 02:33:10 PM
Yes, It's me. ;D I have been here at least once a week. Just havn't had anything to say. I had to reinlist so to speak because my account went away a while back. ::)

Cool...welcome back !  :icon_smile_big:

Ron
68 Charger R/T "Black Pig" Street/Strip bruiser, 70 Charger R/T 440-6bbl Cruiser. Firecore ignition  authorized dealer ; contact me with your needs

Chryco Psycho

Welcome back , I actually liked the Bulldogs But I can`t get another set at all , not sure if the company is gone or what

Challenger340

Try an INDY Valley Pan, it should work the same.

Some BULLDOG head trivia.

The Bullgod head was actually cast, by a pattern maker who quit INDY,(former INDY pattern maker), and went on his own with backing.

No surpise, but the "new" head was surprisingly similar to an INDY "sr" head , albeit with a revised "stock location" exhaust port. This feature gained great sales for the BULLDOG, and sales orders rocketed.
INDY, somewhat peeved by this turn of events, quickly retooled the "SR" with a similarily relocated exhaust port head, known as the INDY "EZ" head as a competitor to the Bulldog.

The result was as anticipated by INDY, a great popularity for the larger companies product.

I think BULLDOG are gone now, dunno 'bout the pattern maker.

Like I said, just some trivia.

Bob out.
Only wimps wear Bowties !

idahogrumpy

Well in my search for information on another engine project I ran across this from Hughes.

Bulldog Cylinder Head Update

Where O where did they go?

We sold several sets of Bulldog cylinder heads when they were available. They have not been available to us for well over two years now and phone calls, e-mails and faxes have all gone unanswered by Bulldog. Therefore we are left to assume that they are no longer in business.

Like any new product there were some original production and casting problems. We have repaired these problems, and there were plenty, on our own with no help from the manufacturer, at no charge or at a very reduced price because we felt this was the right thing to do. However, we now feel that the time has come that we can no longer repair the design and manufacturing problems that were not of our making.

Therefore, as of September 1st, 2006 we will treat these Bulldog manufactured problems as we would any other job and give no special pricing or consideration.

The market for these heads has been nicely filled by the INDY 440EZ, which we can supply. 

Dave Hughes, 8/28/2006

I guess that says it all.   Grumpy  ::)
Too much to say
Too much to do
Too tired to get it done
Too stubborn to give up
GRUMPY