News:

It appears that the upgrade forces a login and many, many of you have forgotten your passwords and didn't set up any reminders. Contact me directly through helpmelogin@dodgecharger.com and I'll help sort it out.

Main Menu

something wierd with my fender tag?3rd gen charger

Started by andy74, August 31, 2005, 04:23:24 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

andy74

i was using the mymopars tag decoder,and the option for a electric sun roof pulled up?M51,is that correct?i dont see any sign of one in my car,where would i look besides the obvious hole in the roof? this is a 72 charger se,has the correct codes for hidden headlights,taillights,etc. any one know?

ramit

M51 is the code for a sunroof.  I have a 72 se with a power sunroof that has the m51 code on the fender tag.  I believe all of the cars were sent to american sunroof corporation to get the sunroofs installed.  Maybe for some reason it never made it there to get the sunroof installed. I will check to see if there is any other obvious things to look for.

andy74

cool thanks-where is the switch mounted?i can look for signs of one

ramit

The switch would be mounted right in front of the rear view mirror if it is a power roof.  If it is a manual roof there would be a button that plugs the little hole where the crank goes and that is also right in front of the rear view mirror.  Obviously if there are no signs of it ever having a power roof you probably do not even have the right headliner in your car so neither of those things would probably be there.

ramit

Actually I should have said that even if it is power and has a switch ,it will also have the hole for the crank in case you need to manually close it.

89MOPAR

if the car in your signature picture [ blue 3rd gen ] is the car you are talking about , I think it isn't referring to the sunroof option.
  But, to the "Celebrity roof" option.   As that car has a very small rear seat window. {so celebrity can hide back there }

Celebrity roof was vinyl top with very small rear side windows, which your blue car appears to have.....
77 Ram-Charger SE factory 440 'Macho' package
03 Ram Hemi 4x4 Pickup
Noble M400
72 Satellite Sebring Plus +

Nupe

QuoteAs that car has a very small rear seat window.
:o

How the heck do you back up or switch lanes with those rear pillars?!?!?  Mine are bad enough.  :icon_smile_blackeye:

BTW, cool car.  :icon_smile_cool:

'79 Lil'Red Express.

twilt

any chance that what appears to be M51 is actually H51 ? sometimes hard to tell.  BTW:H51 would simply denote single Ac with heater. 

ramit

Quote from: 89MOPAR on August 31, 2005, 08:43:31 PM
if the car in your signature picture [ blue 3rd gen ] is the car you are talking about , I think it isn't referring to the sunroof option.
But, to the "Celebrity roof" option. As that car has a very small rear seat window. {so celebrity can hide back there }

Celebrity roof was vinyl top with very small rear side windows, which your blue car appears to have.....

Since when would a celebrity ride in the backseat of a 72 charger?   Isn't that what limos are for?   At the very least why wouldn't they be driving the car?   I believe the roof is referred to as a formal roof.

RD

why dont you put up a pic of your fendertag so we can decode it?
67 Plymouth Barracuda, 69 Plymouth Barracuda, 73 Charger SE, 75 D100, 80 Sno-Commander

Chargerguy74

The car being a 72 SE would have the small windows as standard. What plant was the car built at. All the 72 SE tags I've seen never had a code for the quarter windows.
WANTED: NOS or excellent condition 72-74 4 speed shifter boot for bench or centre armrest car, part number 3467755. It's a rubber boot that looks like it's sewn up leather.

WANTED: My original 440 blocks. Serial # 2A188182 and 3A100002

Nacho-RT74

Celebrity roof option was as far I know on 73s only

72 SE has that smaller window as part of package, is plastic plug filler hidden by vinyl.

Ryan, I got the grilles pics to you... I'm waiting to see you on MSN
Venezuelan RT 74 400 4bbl, 727, 8.75 3.23 open. Now stroked with 440 crank and 3.55 SG. Here is the History and how is actually: http://www.dodgecharger.com/forum/index.php/topic,7603.0/all.html
http://www.dodgecharger.com/forum/index.php/topic,25060.0.html

Chargerguy74

Nacho, you'll have to wait a while, wont be home until mid september
WANTED: NOS or excellent condition 72-74 4 speed shifter boot for bench or centre armrest car, part number 3467755. It's a rubber boot that looks like it's sewn up leather.

Nacho-RT74

Venezuelan RT 74 400 4bbl, 727, 8.75 3.23 open. Now stroked with 440 crank and 3.55 SG. Here is the History and how is actually: http://www.dodgecharger.com/forum/index.php/topic,7603.0/all.html
http://www.dodgecharger.com/forum/index.php/topic,25060.0.html

Chargerguy74

andy74

ill take a pic of the fender tag and post it after i eat lunch

andy74

okay, mystery solved,the m was an h-should have known,my car was an original air car.thanks everyone for the help-i feel like a jack ass!