News:

It appears that the upgrade forces a login and many, many of you have forgotten your passwords and didn't set up any reminders. Contact me directly through helpmelogin@dodgecharger.com and I'll help sort it out.

Main Menu

PICTURES of a HITCH on a CHARGER....for whomever asked

Started by ChargerBill, August 17, 2005, 01:37:57 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

ChargerBill

I read a thread asking for these pics but I can't find the thread now. Anyway, here they are - original factory hitch (according to my build sheet) hope this helps.

Life is a highway...

SeattleCharger

Interesting.  Would that make a Charger worth more to have a rare optiong like that?  Hmm, I am guessing its possible, but I would take it off anyways while I owned and drove the car.

Why would you want anything else?  Just give me a Charger and I'll be happy.

PocketThunder

I got one of those on my '69 500..  ;D 
"Liberalism is a disease that attacks one's ability to understand logic. Extreme manifestations include the willingness to continue down a path of self destruction, based solely on a delusional belief in a failed ideology."

69pistolgripRT

Fantastic pics. Just what I was looking for. Anyone interested in selling a hitch please send me a message. Thanks. Otherwise I may have to try and fabricate one.

Chris
1969 RT 440 Pistol Grip 4-speed

Savannah, Ga

cudaken

Had one on my 68 Road Runner, but pretty sure Dad had it installed

It also saved my Runner as well. Mon had stopped to pick up one of my friend's that was walking home. Guy ran into the back of Mon in a Ford P/U. Trailer hitch pretty much took the hit, only one dent on the trunk. Truck, well he got the worst of the deal. Had to have the hitch pulled off after that, bent it up to the point we could not but gas in the Runner.

Cuda Ken
I am back

69pistolgripRT

Is that skid plate mounted on the fuel tank just to protect against rupture or is the hitch actually attached to the tank also.

Couldn't be- that would be dangerous as hell. :flame:

Savannah, Ga

MoparYoungGun

Interesting, I never knew that was an option on a Charger.

Rocky

When I bought my car it had an aftermarket hitch on it.  Looks a helluva lot stronger than the stock piece.  I'll post some pics and sell it if anyone is interested.

69pistolgripRT

Savannah, Ga

Charger Aficionado

That is not an actual factory package.  I have one and will take new pix after 9 PM pst. for you guys.  It actually has a chrome frame that goes around licence plate, but attaches in same fasion around tank, (solid piece around tank).

ChargerBill

I've been told that mine might not be factory correct, BUT the option IS on my build sheet, so at one point it did have the correct set-up. I also have the larger radiator, high output amp, larger front brakes and whatever else goes with the option...
Life is a highway...

Goldfinger71

The trailer tow package was an option on my 71 R/T  but it was long gone when I bought it.It would have been interesting to see what it looked like. :P
1971 Charger R/T   GY9 Dark Gold Metallic, V1Y Gold Top, GY4 Light Gold Interior- A/C, Rimblow, PW, Front Disc, AM-FM, Tach, Light Package, Slotted Tips, Trailer Tow Package(MIA)and a few other odds and ends...including a luggage rack!

KMPX2

Problem is it is more than likely not rated to pull much weight

Telvis

KMPX2

I had a 3gen with one like that years ago. I would not pull anything bigger than a Jet Ski with one. The brakes & Chassies are not made for it. The photo's of that guys pulling the empty enclosed trailer behind the Daytona clone scared me I bet he had his hand full the whole time.I have log 1000's of miles pulling car trailers & I think 1/2 ton trucks are even to small for the job.

mustanghater

New Muscle car forum
http://usav8.com/aamc/index.php
www.myspace.com/spencespeed

Goldfinger71

A35 Trailer tow package.....at least that's the code for the 3rd gen's im not sure of the 2nd gen's.
1971 Charger R/T   GY9 Dark Gold Metallic, V1Y Gold Top, GY4 Light Gold Interior- A/C, Rimblow, PW, Front Disc, AM-FM, Tach, Light Package, Slotted Tips, Trailer Tow Package(MIA)and a few other odds and ends...including a luggage rack!

426wedge

Quote from: Telvis on August 19, 2005, 11:47:24 PM
That plate attached to the gas tank looks scarry.

The hitch is not attached to the tank.  That should be a piece of rubber between the two to keep the hitch from rubbing a hole in the tank.
The only substitute for cubic inches is cubic feet!!!!!!!!!

greatwn73

here's the hitch that was attached to my 3rd gen when i got it

1968 Charger B5

1968 Dodge Charger R/T
1970 Dodge Charger
1974 Plymouth Roadrunner
1998 Jeep Cherokee SRT

Rocky

OK, my hitch is totally different from the stock style, and I finally found my camera.  Sorry I don't have one of it on the car, but I'm sure you get the idea of how it would look.