News:

It appears that the upgrade forces a login and many, many of you have forgotten your passwords and didn't set up any reminders. Contact me directly through helpmelogin@dodgecharger.com and I'll help sort it out.

Main Menu

Astronomy Geeks

Started by 1970 Charger 500, December 01, 2006, 05:26:32 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

1970 Charger 500

My buddy has started his own business in Astronomy.
I want to help as much as I can.
We've been friends for 37 years!!!!
If you or someone you know is in need of anything Astronomy, give him a try.
http://www.auroraastro.com/

Thank you,
1970 Charger 500

Charger_Fan

Has he shown you pics of Uranus? :D

The Aquamax...yes, this bike spent 2 nights underwater one weekend. (Not my doing), but it gained the name, and has since become pseudo-famous. :)

Lowprofile

You know, I just knew it would be you to ask that.   :haha: :icon_smile_shock: :lol: :lolexplode: :smilielol: :D
"Its better to live one day as a Lion than a Lifetime as a Lamb".

"The final test of a leader is that he leaves behind him in other men the conviction and will to carry on."

Proud Owner of:
1970 Dodge Charger R/T
1993 Dodge Ram Charger
1998 Freightliner Classic XL

dkn1997

Quote from: CHARGER_FAN on December 02, 2006, 03:33:48 PM

I believe the proper joke is "has he found any klingons around uranus?"
RECHRGED

Charger_Fan

Quote from: dkn1997 on December 03, 2006, 08:50:48 AM
Quote from: CHARGER_FAN on December 02, 2006, 03:33:48 PM

I believe the proper joke is "has he found any klingons around uranus?"
You're right. Damn, another botched joke. :brickwall:

The Aquamax...yes, this bike spent 2 nights underwater one weekend. (Not my doing), but it gained the name, and has since become pseudo-famous. :)

last426

Quote from: 1970 Charger 500 on December 01, 2006, 05:26:32 PM
My buddy has started his own business in Astronomy.
I want to help as much as I can.
We've been friends for 37 years!!!!
If you or someone you know is in need of anything Astronomy, give him a try.
http://www.auroraastro.com/
Thank you,
1970 Charger 500

At first I thought, good luck competing with all the online telescope companies, eBay and Craigslist.  Then I thought about it and remembered that when I began scuba diving there were two shops in Reno.  The owner of one taught at the YMCA and the other taught at community college.  While they were both good people, their teachiing was really a funnel to get customers to their shops.  Your friend could do the same, teach a mirror grinding course (no real educational credentials needed) or maybe an astronomy course at the local CC (I am sure he already thought of this).  As an alternative, he could buddy up with someone already teaching the course and do a presentation on the newest telescopes and how they are computer driven (or whatever the newest thing is).  Of course he would have cards, maybe a 10 percent discount, or cheap rental for a beginners scope, or something else to entice the students to come to his store, etc. etc.  Once they are in the store he's got'em. Kim.