News:

It appears that the upgrade forces a login and many, many of you have forgotten your passwords and didn't set up any reminders. Contact me directly through helpmelogin@dodgecharger.com and I'll help sort it out.

Main Menu

3rd gen charger guys post your pics

Started by mikesbbody, December 03, 2006, 07:47:17 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

noff57

Banana Wama love the car it is Beautyfull  :drool5: would love to see more pics from the side....

jaak

Quote from: mikesbbody on July 23, 2009, 01:04:07 AM
Well, I figured as the guy who started this thread, I should post pics of my Charger however I will need help from someone as the pics are too big (bigger than 200 kb) and I'm too dumb to figure how to resize.
If someone will pm me, I can email them some pics which they can resize and post up.
Thanks    Mike.  :2thumbs:

Here ya go Mike....btw, beautiful car. I love that shade of green  :2thumbs:
Jason

mikesbbody

Thanks Jason, I may send you some more from over here if you want to post those  :cheers: I have a bulge hood going on at "some stage" whenever that may be I have no idea...

jaak

Quote from: mikesbbody on July 26, 2009, 12:02:12 AM
Thanks Jason, I may send you some more from over here if you want to post those  :cheers: I have a bulge hood going on at "some stage" whenever that may be I have no idea...

Yeah man, no problem.

Jason

KillerBee1972

here's my 1972, experiencing overheating problems right now.....
1964 Plymouth Fury "old 70s drag car"
1973 Dodge Charger SE B9 blue 440

oldrock

here is an update of my son's 72 charger which we are trying to get the restoration done in time for school to start back. Our paint job has kinda gone from taking our time to just getting it done  :eyes:

We figure it will be good enough for now and we can always sand down the rough areas and redo it later.

primer about done and getting ready for paint. Slowly but surely we are getting the charger ready to drive
notice the two shades of primer :rofl: we ran out and had to use another can.

mopar73

Quote from: oldrock on July 26, 2009, 03:34:25 PM
here is an update of my son's 72 charger which we are trying to get the restoration done in time for school to start back. Our paint job has kinda gone from taking our time to just getting it done  :eyes:

We figure it will be good enough for now and we can always sand down the rough areas and redo it later.

primer about done and getting ready for paint. Slowly but surely we are getting the charger ready to drive
notice the two shades of primer :rofl: we ran out and had to use another can.
Spend a little extra time blocking before you paint and it probably will turn out better than you think :Twocents:

mopar73

Quote from: jaak on July 25, 2009, 11:05:59 PM
Quote from: mikesbbody on July 23, 2009, 01:04:07 AM
Well, I figured as the guy who started this thread, I should post pics of my Charger however I will need help from someone as the pics are too big (bigger than 200 kb) and I'm too dumb to figure how to resize.
If someone will pm me, I can email them some pics which they can resize and post up.
Thanks    Mike.  :2thumbs:

Here ya go Mike....btw, beautiful car. I love that shade of green  :2thumbs:
Jason

:iagree: :iagree:

Brock Samson

:o wow ! that's sick! What the heck color is that?!  :2thumbs:

mikesbbody

Brock, I dont know what color it is exactly I think the previous owner tried to get it close to a Mopar color, but didnt quite get there  :lol: I think it will look better once the Bulge hood goes on I've had some flack for having painted bumpers, but that's how it looked when I bought it (one day I guess I will chrome them). Nice 72 Killerbee, good progress OldRock  :2thumbs:

jaak

Quote from: mikesbbody on July 26, 2009, 06:30:55 PM
Brock, I dont know what color it is exactly I think the previous owner tried to get it close to a Mopar color, but didnt quite get there  :lol: I think it will look better once the Bulge hood goes on I've had some flack for having painted bumpers, but that's how it looked when I bought it (one day I guess I will chrome them). Nice 72 Killerbee, good progress OldRock  :2thumbs:

Man, there isn't a thing in the world wrong with painted bumpers...yours look great, infact I'm thinking about painting the ones on my 73 body color  :2thumbs:

Jason

mikesbbody

Hi Jason, well its a cheaper alternative anyway  :lol: I sometimes wonder about leaving it I mean, what if I dont like chrome bumpers? btw, I will send you some more pics of other cars which you can post up if you want  :2thumbs:

ACUDANUT

Everyone Who loves and needs 3rd Gen Quarters need to all join and in beg AMD and Goodmark to start making Rear Quarters and fenders. This is the only way to save the last Gen of Mopar B-body Muscle Cars.  :cheers:

mikesbbody

Quote from: ACUDANUT on July 26, 2009, 08:23:12 PM
Everyone Who loves and needs 3rd Gen Quarters need to all join and in beg AMD and Goodmark to start making Rear Quarters and fenders. This is the only way to save the last Gen of Mopar B-body Muscle Cars.  :cheers:

I think they do dont they? at least one of the companies you mentioned (I saw it in a MCG magazine) I don't know how availible they are though.

jaak

Here is some more pics Mike sent me of some 3rd Gens from his part of the world enjoy...

Brock Samson

i figgure you third gen guys will get a kick out of this super bee sorry i was too lazy to dig up and repost the pics from last yr. so you'll just gonna have to suffer through this homely old thread...  :shruggy:
http://www.dodgecharger.com/forum/index.php/topic,49780.20.html

ACUDANUT

NOPE, Not yet...And not to mention, no signs of 71-72 fenders ever being repo'd.   :brickwall: :brickwall: :brickwall:

mikesbbody

These were Quarter's I saw were for 71-72 Chargers, they also had 71-72 RR quarters but no fenders.
I was surprised! I think 73-74 Charger Quarters have been availible for some time? of course its one thing to show them in the ad, another to actually produce and sell them. Your right though they need to be made! 

mikesbbody

ACUDA, I just found the ad in July 09 issue of MCG magazine page 82-83 they show 71-72 Charger quarters, I havent looked at the site www.autometaldirect.com

mikesbbody

I just checked the site nothing... :brickwall: but I bet you already knew that? kinda seems like false advertising to me to have pics of the quarters in their ad's but nothing on their site  :shruggy:

Dans 68

I couldn't find a post of my '73 on this thread, so here it is. Just after a bubble bath.  :laugh:

Dan
1973 SE 400 727  1 of 19,645                                        1968 383 4bbl 4spds  2 of 259

dukeboy_01

I was down at the lake this weekend doing some fishing with my parents and my cell phone rang...it was my buddy from Texas.  They found my front and rear bumper and hideaway headlight assembly!!!!!!!! :2thumbs: :2thumbs: :2thumbs: :icon_smile_big: :icon_smile_big: :icon_smile_big:  Now to just get it shipped up here so I can get them put on...  That was the best news of my weekend!  Hope you guys enjoyed yours as much as I did mine.

Foreman72

Quote from: ACUDANUT on July 26, 2009, 11:05:00 PM
NOPE, Not yet...And not to mention, no signs of 71-72 fenders ever being repo'd.   :brickwall: :brickwall: :brickwall:

doesn't autorust have something yet? :shruggy:
Eric "Foreman"

Previous: 1972 Dodge Charger
Current: 2002 Volvo S60

"The steps of a man are ordered by the LORD, and He delights in his way. Though he fall, he shall not be utterly cast down; For the LORD upholds him with His hand.
=Psalm 37:23-24=
"But store up for yourselves treasures in heaven..."
=Matthew 6:19-21=
:pat

mopar73

Quote from: dukeboy_01 on July 27, 2009, 07:00:18 AM
I was down at the lake this weekend doing some fishing with my parents and my cell phone rang...it was my buddy from Texas.  They found my front and rear bumper and hideaway headlight assembly!!!!!!!! :2thumbs: :2thumbs: :2thumbs: :icon_smile_big: :icon_smile_big: :icon_smile_big:  Now to just get it shipped up here so I can get them put on...  That was the best news of my weekend!  Hope you guys enjoyed yours as much as I did mine.
awesome find!!!!!!!!!!!  Back into the right hands :icon_smile_big: :woohoo:

mikesbbody