News:

It appears that the upgrade forces a login and many, many of you have forgotten your passwords and didn't set up any reminders. Contact me directly through helpmelogin@dodgecharger.com and I'll help sort it out.

Main Menu

3rd gen charger guys post your pics

Started by mikesbbody, December 03, 2006, 07:47:17 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

oldrock

eric, not sure on the original color of the charger. We thought gold but find some white under the gold in a couple of spots so thinking maybe white? The big debate right now is what color we will go with on the paint. Leaning towards white but also like red, orange and that medium blue color. For Texas summers, might be smartest to go white since we have no idea whether we will be able to revive the AC or not.

Foreman72

check the fender tag man...it'll tell all...
Eric "Foreman"

Previous: 1972 Dodge Charger
Current: 2002 Volvo S60

"The steps of a man are ordered by the LORD, and He delights in his way. Though he fall, he shall not be utterly cast down; For the LORD upholds him with His hand.
=Psalm 37:23-24=
"But store up for yourselves treasures in heaven..."
=Matthew 6:19-21=
:pat

oldrock

OK, I did see a metal plate on the front drivers side under the hood. Where is the decoder so I can understand it?

Oh and no new pics today but we did the parking brake working, changed fluids and got the new plate and tag so we are starting to get close to doing the inspection and getting this girl street legal again. Did some cruising up and down the street today and sounds great but we still have an issue with the carb. Throttle linkage where it goes into carb throat is leaking a little gas when we turn it off. Anyone know if local napa or autozone carries carb kit that includes seals to fix that?

aone415

Post up your TAG and someone here will decode it for ya in mins :2thumbs:

This Charger right here is a one of none, that means none before it, none to come.

Mr.Woolery

Oldrock, I really like the way you blacked out your tail light surrounds.  Looks cool!
-1971 Charger R/T clone restomod project

For details on my cars, check out my web blog

oldrock

thanks, my son and I thought the black surrounds would go good with the black wheels and black grill. Oh also I found the decoder online and plugged in all the stuff on my fender tag. Our charger was an original gold finish so the paint on it might actually be original. Nothing else really exciting to report, it has the original 318 and original bench seats. Said it had tinted windows and 26" radiator... pretty much olain stuff i suppose.

Also came with factory ac and heat although they are not currently working. We were actually going to take off the factory ac condenser from inside under passenger side of dash and when my buddy was disconnecting the lines he saw freon escaping! So after all those years of sitting the AC lines were still pressurized. He closed the line off and we now are wondering if maybe we could get the AC working again. PRobably not but still caught us totally off guard that the lines would still have freon on such an old car.

texascharger1

Has This Been Done?

Im going Make a Movie Pic Of all the 3 gen chargers posted up on this thread.
It will be pretty cool.
Im going to get all the pics this sunday and have it probally have it done monday or tuesday.

So if your car hasnt been posted up,nows the time to do it.
:cheers:
And for The Music.

Any Suggestions?
:scratchchin:

What Yall think? ;)

mikesbbody

I dont think it has been done there's been movie threads (Charger's in movies) but I havent seen anything just for 3rd Gen's  :2thumbs:

69bronzeT5

Careful with the music in the video if you are putting it on Youtube. They are getting strict about that stuff. I had a video slideshow of a Mopar show I went to. Had Guns N Roses' "Nightrain" as the soundtrack. They removed the video because of copyright issues or something.
Feature Editor for Mopar Connection Magazine
http://moparconnectionmagazine.com/

1969 Charger: T5 Copper 383 Automatic
1970 Challenger R/T: FC7 Plum Crazy 440 Automatic
1970 GTO: Black 400 Ram Air III 4-Speed
1971 Charger Super Bee: GY3 Citron Yella 440 4-Speed
1972 Charger: FE5 Red 360 Automatic
1973 Charger Rallye: FY1 Top Banana 440 Automatic
1973 Plymouth Road Runner: FE5 Red 440 Automatic
1973 Plymouth Duster: FC7 Plum Crazy 318 Automatic

texascharger1

Quote from: mikesbbody on June 23, 2009, 11:25:57 PM
I dont think it has been done there's been movie threads (Charger's in movies) but I havent seen anything just for 3rd Gen's  :2thumbs:

Yea I seen that thread.

This Vid is going to have all the 3 gen charger pics that have been posted on this thread.
But some pics im not going to be able to put in.

Sorry for some chargers :-\

Quote from: 69bronzeT5 on June 23, 2009, 11:27:43 PM
Careful with the music in the video if you are putting it on Youtube. They are getting strict about that stuff. I had a video slideshow of a Mopar show I went to. Had Guns N Roses' "Nightrain" as the soundtrack. They removed the video because of copyright issues or something.

Yea i know about that,but im going to post it up on streetfire.net Same thing as myspace but for cars :2thumbs:

Any songs yall might want to hear?

oldrock

Man, there are sure some great looking 3rd generation Chargers on this forum!

texascharger1

Got a little Bored so  finished the video early :icon_smile_big:

once again i couldnt get all the pics. :-\

But here it is.
The 3rd generation Charger Video. :popcrn:

p.s 1st song that came to mind. :icon_smile_cool:

http://videos.streetfire.net/video/3rd-Generation-Chargers_691363.htm

Foreman72

Quote from: texascharger1 on June 25, 2009, 04:15:51 AM

But here it is.

awesome song! no love for the guy with the photoshopped pic of third gen huh :lol: no i kno its all good...u can't fit them all in there...great job tho... :2thumbs:
Eric "Foreman"

Previous: 1972 Dodge Charger
Current: 2002 Volvo S60

"The steps of a man are ordered by the LORD, and He delights in his way. Though he fall, he shall not be utterly cast down; For the LORD upholds him with His hand.
=Psalm 37:23-24=
"But store up for yourselves treasures in heaven..."
=Matthew 6:19-21=
:pat

Mr.Woolery

Nice vid!  I captured a couple of pics in the slideshow of cars that would be good photoshop fodder.  ;)

Noticed you had my Charger in there as well...what a pleasant surprise.  :lol:
-1971 Charger R/T clone restomod project

For details on my cars, check out my web blog

KS71owner

I can't believe I missed this thread before....could have sworn I'd posted in here. Here's mine.

texascharger1

Quote from: KS71owner on June 26, 2009, 10:02:06 PM
I can't believe I missed this thread before....could have sworn I'd posted in here. Here's mine.

This wouldve been a nice addition to the vid :yesnod:

WM23N1G1

Quote from: KS71owner on June 26, 2009, 10:02:06 PM

Yummee, gorgeous!  :2thumbs:

41husk

wannaBee started as a U code 73 rallye, now non matching 440/727 ramcharger hood, rumble Bee tail decal and stripe.
1969 Dodge Charger 500 440/727
1970 Challenger convertible 340/727
1970 Plymouth Duster FM3
1974 Dodge Dart /6/904
1983 Plymouth Scamp GT 2.2 Auto
1950 Dodge Pilot house pick up

73chgrSE

Neat clone. I'ld like to see more pics of that one. :cheers:

41husk

I think I have a bunch of them up but let me see
1970 Plymouth Duster FM3
1974 Dodge Dart /6/904

41husk

lets try another
1970 Plymouth Duster FM3
1974 Dodge Dart /6/904

oldrock

71 Bee Man

But here it is.

What a great little video. I noticed my car was second one in - that was taken a fair while ago. It looks alittle different these days. Can't remember if I've posted a recent shot in this thread, but here is another.
My only wish is that I didn't live on the other side of the world from you guys. I'd love to go cruising with a few of you - there's not many U.S Chargers round where I live.

Peter
Sydney, Australia

Add your details to the Forum members List. Visit this thread to find out more :
http://www.dodgecharger.com/forum/index.php/topic,21133.240.html

oldrock

nice charger and cool paint job on that one.

KS71owner

Quote from: 71 Bee Man on July 01, 2009, 06:48:27 AM

But here it is.

What a great little video. I noticed my car was second one in - that was taken a fair while ago. It looks alittle different these days. Can't remember if I've posted a recent shot in this thread, but here is another.
My only wish is that I didn't live on the other side of the world from you guys. I'd love to go cruising with a few of you - there's not many U.S Chargers round where I live.

Peter
Sydney, Australia

GORGEOUS!!

That's the exact hood I want to find for mine eventually. Love the color scheme on your Charger - white over blue always looks good.