News:

It appears that the upgrade forces a login and many, many of you have forgotten your passwords and didn't set up any reminders. Contact me directly through helpmelogin@dodgecharger.com and I'll help sort it out.

Main Menu

3rd gen charger guys post your pics

Started by mikesbbody, December 03, 2006, 07:47:17 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

mikesbbody

looks good Scotty  :2thumbs: just wondering, where were the pics taken?

Nacho-RT74

Quote from: sprecks on November 23, 2009, 08:12:24 PM
I just picked this 74 Rallye up 3 weeks ago. It is a 360 Magnum automatic with A/C. It is pretty much a survivor except for the wheels. At least they are period correct slotted dishes. I started doing a clean-up on it and haven't decided what I'm going to do with it just yet. The car was found behind a barn up in northern Michigan and has been sitting for about 5 or 6 years because of a broken torsion bar. Ralley72 (Mike) is helping me out my sending me a replacement. It should be road ready in a couple of weeks. I have fired it up and it runs great.

drooling about the stripe :drool5:

this is the one my car had, but was too expensive to repro it locally. Went with reflective, but white
Venezuelan RT 74 400 4bbl, 727, 8.75 3.23 open. Now stroked with 440 crank and 3.55 SG. Here is the History and how is actually: http://www.dodgecharger.com/forum/index.php/topic,7603.0/all.html
http://www.dodgecharger.com/forum/index.php/topic,25060.0.html

BROCK

I too am digging the survivor :2thumbs:

Mine is well.......at least it's mine.
72 SE 400

=============================================
Let your music be in transit to the world

Scotty Dave

Quote from: mikesbbody on January 12, 2010, 09:49:14 PM
looks good Scotty  :2thumbs: just wondering, where were the pics taken?

Thanks, the photos were taken near a village called Lower Bayble on the Isle of Lewis which is a island of the west coast of Scotland and were taken in 2k.

harley

harley

Quote from: mopar73 on April 16, 2009, 10:15:52 PM
Quote from: mopar73 on April 16, 2009, 10:07:26 PM
 Beautiful machine Doug :2thumbs: :2thumbs:Looking at all the 3gens just gives me a little more incentive to get the lead out and finish my 73
I'll have to find some more updated photos, it's farther than that
Found some.

This looks like a lot of work, but in the end it will be worth it. Best of luck on your project. I wish I had the time to do my car over like you are doing. My car was pretty much built in the mid 80's and still looks pretty good considering it is wearing 25 year old paint. My project this past winter has been totally striping the bottom of my car. This has been no easy task, I have been under it for about 30 hours so far with a heat gun and torch and a scraper. I just picked up por 15 paint and as soon as the weather breaks I will paint the bottom. I hope it comes out half as nice as the bottom of your car. Good luck with it.

THE CHARGER PUNK

Quote from: Gowinger on October 31, 2009, 01:03:21 AM
Here my 74SE

is that okanagan lake by chance, i was passing through and saw the pic n then checked out the plates to see bc platess and was j/w

71383bee

71 - FC7 383 Super Bee

mikesbbody

I have LOTS more too! :2thumbs:
[/quote]

Very Cool!  :2thumbs: keep them coming  :cheers: I really like that shot from behind the wheel with the bulge hood  :drool5:

Foreman72

i love it when this thread gets rekindled... :2thumbs:
Eric "Foreman"

Previous: 1972 Dodge Charger
Current: 2002 Volvo S60

"The steps of a man are ordered by the LORD, and He delights in his way. Though he fall, he shall not be utterly cast down; For the LORD upholds him with His hand.
=Psalm 37:23-24=
"But store up for yourselves treasures in heaven..."
=Matthew 6:19-21=
:pat

mikesbbody

1972Rallye

Can you tell me anything about this one?  More pics of it? I like the 70/71 Rim combo on the '72 and I was considering doing it to mine.

Quote from: 71383bee on January 13, 2010, 02:25:21 PM
No Problem...

71383bee

Quote from: mikesbbody on January 13, 2010, 05:21:19 PM

I have LOTS more too! :2thumbs:

Very Cool!  :2thumbs: keep them coming  :cheers: I really like that shot from behind the wheel with the bulge hood  :drool5:
[/quote]

No Problem!  I like the behind the wheel shots too.  If I figure out how to post video i have some small videos taken with the camera somewhere.

Here's some more of my car and some others from the 09 Nats...

Enough for now I gotta work!
71 - FC7 383 Super Bee

71383bee

Quote from: 1972Rallye on January 14, 2010, 08:03:26 AM
Can you tell me anything about this one?  More pics of it? I like the 70/71 Rim combo on the '72 and I was considering doing it to mine.

Quote from: 71383bee on January 13, 2010, 02:25:21 PM
No Problem...

Sure!

We met him last year.  The charger is a legit 440 4-speed TB3 rallye that just got finished.  We talked with the guy for quite a while and scoured his car because my buddy had picked up a GY8 72 rallye 400 auto project earlier that year that we are restoring.  Truly an awesome car...Here's more

I know the bumpers are supposed to be painted, but he and I both had the opinion that for this body to us at least the less chrome the better!
71 - FC7 383 Super Bee

1972Rallye

Awesome... thanks for the pics!  They confirm the car is the one I thought it was - but with different wheels.  I have pics (see below) of the same car when it was for sale several years ago (before it was restored) and some shortly after it was restored.  It had steelies and poverty caps on it in all those pics.  I really like the wheel combo it has now! If you see the owner again and he wants to see all the pics, send him my way...

oldrock

I really like that blue one! Hood treatment really sets it off well. Wonder what it would look like with a spoiler and some magnum wheels?

charger_cody

Quote from: oldrock on January 15, 2010, 10:25:10 AM
I really like that blue one! Hood treatment really sets it off well. Wonder what it would look like with a spoiler and some magnum wheels?

I'm not sure but a go wing would look pretty sick on it with some black magnums.

Cody

71383bee

Yeah I think it needs something on the back...B body pedestal wing and louvers would look cool.  Not sure if its an early 72 or not.  The early ones had 71 trunk lids with the pre fabed mounts.  

Here's the fender tag...

With a build date of 4/11 I am guess ing that it has the standard 72 lid without the spoilers mounts.

It might be me or my computer but do those resto photos show it more of a turquoise color?  
71 - FC7 383 Super Bee

Rallye

Quote from: 71383bee on January 16, 2010, 01:29:47 AM
Yeah I think it needs something on the back...B body pedestal wing and louvers would look cool.  

Kinda like this?  ;)
1972 Charger Rallye - 400magnum

71383bee

Quote from: Rallye on January 16, 2010, 03:23:04 AM
Yeah I think it needs something on the back...B body pedestal wing and louvers would look cool.   

YES!!!!!!
Kinda like this?  ;)

71 - FC7 383 Super Bee

1972Rallye

Yeah I think it needs something on the back...B body pedestal wing and louvers would look cool.  Not sure if its an early 72 or not.  The early ones had 71 trunk lids with the pre fabed mounts.  

With a build date of 4/11 I am guess ing that it has the standard 72 lid without the spoilers mounts.

It might be me or my computer but do those resto photos show it more of a turquoise color?  

They do look a bit off... I think its the lighting (southwestern U.S. maybe?).

I had Photoshoped versions of mine with the spoiler(s) that left me unsure if I wanted to add them or not...

Foreman72

the chin spoiler absolutely...but i don't know on the wing... :shruggy: :Twocents:
Eric "Foreman"

Previous: 1972 Dodge Charger
Current: 2002 Volvo S60

"The steps of a man are ordered by the LORD, and He delights in his way. Though he fall, he shall not be utterly cast down; For the LORD upholds him with His hand.
=Psalm 37:23-24=
"But store up for yourselves treasures in heaven..."
=Matthew 6:19-21=
:pat

71383bee

My vote is for both...but I am biased a little bit!  :icon_smile_big:
71 - FC7 383 Super Bee

Nacho-RT74

Quote from: Foreman72 on January 18, 2010, 09:40:27 AM
the chin spoiler absolutely...but i don't know on the wing... :shruggy: :Twocents:

:iagree:

I never liked the rear wing... to much ricer look
Venezuelan RT 74 400 4bbl, 727, 8.75 3.23 open. Now stroked with 440 crank and 3.55 SG. Here is the History and how is actually: http://www.dodgecharger.com/forum/index.php/topic,7603.0/all.html
http://www.dodgecharger.com/forum/index.php/topic,25060.0.html

71383bee

Quote from: Nacho-RT74 on January 18, 2010, 01:06:40 PM
Quote from: Foreman72 on January 18, 2010, 09:40:27 AM

:iagree:

I never liked the rear wing... to much ricer look

Right!  Ricer look okay cause there was lots of ricers around in 1971 cruising around and competing with the real muscle.  I guess I like ricer looks then.  At least its not made out of plywood and on a front wheel drive car. 

Another shot of my homemade ricer spoiler that I made with a glue gun some plywood and a couple cans of krylon

71 - FC7 383 Super Bee