News:

It appears that the upgrade forces a login and many, many of you have forgotten your passwords and didn't set up any reminders. Contact me directly through helpmelogin@dodgecharger.com and I'll help sort it out.

Main Menu

3rd gen charger guys post your pics

Started by mikesbbody, December 03, 2006, 07:47:17 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Scotty Dave

Hi, joined yesterday. I uploaded some pics to the other charger thread, but since I found this one thought I should put some with the other 3 gens.
I've owned it for 9yrs, ran it for a year then had to move house for work (600 mls) and had to leave it behind at my dads would love to get it on the road again but lifes other commitments keep getting in the way  :'(
Its a bit worse for wear now since its been sitting for 8yrs. Oh its a 73 318 SE.

Dave, Worcester, UK

ACUDANUT

Quote from: mikesbbody on December 03, 2006, 11:00:47 PM
that's a nice rust free arizona charger! also gotta love 72chargerse's 4 speed cant be too many 72 se's with a 4 speed?
Hub caps ?

mikesbbody

BROCK

Glad to finally see pics of that Blue Bee with trim rings :cheers:

=============================================
Let your music be in transit to the world

Banana Wama

My '72 Ralley with Alterktion front end, Mild built 5.7L Hemi, 545rfe Auto overdrive trans.

KS71owner

Quote from: Banana Wama on July 04, 2009, 02:02:08 PM
My '72 Ralley with Alterktion front end, Mild built 5.7L Hemi, 545rfe Auto overdrive trans.

AWESOME!!  :2thumbs: :drool5: :drool5:

mikesbbody

Foreman72

Eric "Foreman"

Previous: 1972 Dodge Charger
Current: 2002 Volvo S60

"The steps of a man are ordered by the LORD, and He delights in his way. Though he fall, he shall not be utterly cast down; For the LORD upholds him with His hand.
=Psalm 37:23-24=
"But store up for yourselves treasures in heaven..."
=Matthew 6:19-21=
:pat

mopar73

73chgrSE

mopar73

71_Charger_R/T

Quote from: mikesbbody on July 05, 2009, 03:35:00 AM
I agree! Id love to see more  :2thumbs:
I saw this car a Mopars in the Park this spring...... VERY NICE!

mikesbbody

Does that Rallye have one of those Procharger super chargers?

dukeboy_01

I got my car picked up in El Paso last week.  It came out nice, but I still have a long way to go before it is on the road again.  I just wanted to share with all you guys... :icon_smile_big:

dukeboy_01

a few more...

dukeboy_01

last one!  Hope you guys like it! 

tricky lugnuts

She's looking awfully sweet with the fresh paint on her.  :cheers:  Chargers are just the best looking car that Dodge built, in my opinion (especially third gens!).

Now get putting her back together so you can post more pictures of it for us!!!

oldrock

great looking paint job! Very smooth finish and the lines looked really good. I bet it is gonna be one sweet looking ride when it gets done  :2thumbs:

dukeboy_01

Thanks Fellas...it has taken quite a while to get to this point.  I bought the ol' girl while I was in college and didn't have much money.  It took about three years before I had enough money to even start fixing it up.  I've been working on it off and on for about 4 years now and between that and getting my farm going, it takes about all I have...  I have wanted a Charger since I was a little kid, and I'll eventually get it where I want it.  Thanks for the complements, they mean a lot!    :2thumbs:

69*F5*SE

One more  :2thumbs: for your Charger.  Oh hell, here's another   :2thumbs:

quapman

"Some assembly required".

Seriously, looks sweet. Nothing like fresh paint!  :2thumbs:

mikesbbody

Dukeboy, she's looking sweet!  :2thumbs: is it a Super Bee? (I noticed the bulge hood)

dukeboy_01

I checked the numbers and it looks to me to be a 71 Charger SE with a 383.  When I got it it had the superbee stripes, hood, emblems, and even the emblem on the dash...  I am going to put all the superbee stuff back on it, but I built a 440 for it.  The engine that was in it was a 400 when I got it and I wanted more bang for my buck, so I got a 440 block and punched it .030 over.  It has forged crank rods and pistons.  I had a custom Comp Cam built.  It has cast heads with mancini racing one piece stainless valves, a Pete Jackson gear drive, all MSD ignition, 770 Holley Street Avenger carb, and a few other goodies.  I ran a powder coating shop in El Paso for a couple of years and I did some high temp ceramic coating on the exhaust of MSD's 55 Chevy and they hooked me up with a 6AL box, pro billet distributor, and a Blaster SS coil...I thought that was good of them!  I powder coated the case of my transmission and had a buddy at a transmission shop rebuild it.  I have a long way to go with this car, but I'm looking forward to getting it all together.  The only problem I'm having right now is I think someone might have stolen my bumpers and hideaway headlight assemblies, so I might have a hard time finding some of that stuff...  Thanks again for the comments!  I sure appreciate them. 

tricky lugnuts

Well good luck getting her all put together. Sounds like a real sweet setup. I see bumpers for '71 Chargers on eBay all the time. The hideaways could give you a little more trouble to find. You might want to try and make it out to Chrysler's at Carlisle or the Mopar Nationals in Columbus this August, depending on where you live... Usually a lot of good parts at shows like those.

dukeboy_01

I hear ya.  I'm in Southwest Missouri, so I can go just about anywhere in these fine United States in a few hours...