News:

It appears that the upgrade forces a login and many, many of you have forgotten your passwords and didn't set up any reminders. Contact me directly through helpmelogin@dodgecharger.com and I'll help sort it out.

Main Menu

Where's the purple '70 Six-pack Charger from E-bay???

Started by Big Lebowski, December 03, 2006, 06:20:08 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Big Lebowski

Funny ain't it, it's been at $125,100 and "Next bidder meets reserve" for 2 days, now it's gone.  :shruggy: It's not in the completed section? The strange thing is, it's the 3rd time this purple V code Charger was a no sell on E-bay. I know GD or GP whatever Musclecars wanted $125,000 for it, because I asked him. He also told me my '70 V code Charger was barely worth $30,000 because it's a green, non matching, 727, piece of crap. But I wished him well on his sale anyway.
   I dont have an E-bay link for you to check out, because it's gone?  :shruggy: MAYBE it's because bidders 8 & 9 always "bid" the car up to $125,100 and "Next bid meets resereve"  :shruggy:
    It doesn't really piss me off that my '70 V code Charger is a piece of crap, what DOES bug me is that "purple rules" and "green sucks"..."4 speeds rule" but "auto's suck"..."matching #'s is top $$$" but "non matching cars are worthless"...And since my car came with a "Calif. salvage title", well it's just worthless...I might as well just give it away.
   Whatever...Purple V code Chargers are worth there weight in gold, but the other V code Chargers are worthless crap. Ok I get it. Rant off.
"Let me explain something to you, um i am not Mr. Lebowski, you're Mr. Lebowski. I'm the dude, so that's what you call me. That or his dudeness, or duder, or you know, el duderino if you're not into the whole brevity thing."

Charger Aficionado

That's why I thought the '69 500 S.E. would be BEST suited in a nice coat of BLACK w/ a RED 500 stripe...  Everyone keeps saying that GREEN IS COMING BACK...  Talk about gambling with the 500...  (the scheme in Chris's animated pic above)...

I don't know, all I know is I hate green (after seeing so many old dusty Green Chargers especially)... 

Dude;  You should have painted yours FC7! 

Big Lebowski

I'm just trying to keep values fair. Every V code Charger on e-bag is in the $35-55k "reserve not met" range.
All I'm saying is some guys are trying to set records (shill bidders 8 & 9). That's all. :icon_smile_big:
"Let me explain something to you, um i am not Mr. Lebowski, you're Mr. Lebowski. I'm the dude, so that's what you call me. That or his dudeness, or duder, or you know, el duderino if you're not into the whole brevity thing."

BigBlockSam

i hear you, i'm looking for a new project. i see some decent cars on ebay . but there just bid up so high . then there back on ebay . it's all bull
I won't be wronged, I wont be Insulted and I wont be laid a hand on. I don't do these things to others, and I require the same from them.

[IMG]http://i45.tinypic.com/347b5v5.jpg[/img

ChargerSG

Seems like the last year all normal Chargers have vanished, only some good restos left there now and those scam dream money fake cars
Looking for 383 Magnum #0B196875 and 0B115166

hemi68charger

Good gracious... I hope he didn't state your Charger's a piece of crap... If so, that's about as lame as one can get... This thing about colors and non-matching motors suck.. Personally, I don't think it's a big deal... A car is what a car is.........  I guess my two white ones are worth a Billion dollars for white has ALL colors...... Reference your prism science courses....  ;D

Granted, having the original motor is cool and all and does add value, but an original Hemi Charger Daytona that blew up it's motor when it was new because the original owner was doing what the car was built for, HAULING ASS !!!!, shouldn't be "penalized" for having a warranty block in it...... MaMopar only made so many of these things as it is and then attrition did the rest.. Pretty much ends up beggars can't be choosers,,,,, unless you're a bloody millionaire......

Big, even though I kid one of my best friends about his green '70 Charger 500 ( I call him pickle), he knows it's all in fun...... Your v-code is awesome and don't let anyone tell you any different. From what you're saying, it's water rolling off our back.......... 

Troy
Troy
'69 Charger Daytona 440 auto 4.10 Dana ( now 426 HEMI )
'70 Superbird 426 Hemi auto: Lindsley Bonneville Salt Flat world record holder (220.2mph)
Houston Mopar Club Connection

Khyron

hmmm, cars in my neck of the woods.

UpstateNY, I've never seen it.

Before reading my posts please understand me by clicking
HERE, HERE, AND HERE.

Big Lebowski

This threads having a good time over at Moparts. I hope bidders 8 & 9 are around when/if I ever put my car on E-bay :devil:

Bluestar

The description reads like a HPLAG ad.  The car is clearly nice, but does not need the "Over Sell" in my opinion.

69_500

Does everyone with a semi rare car believe that they are sitting on a gold mine these days though? I mean granted nice cars are around, and rare cars can be had these days as well. But am I the only one who thinks that every tom, dick, and harry who has a 6 pac car, or a HEMI car think they are sitting on a $250K car? Even if its trashed?

Sorry to rant, nothing against the car mentioned in this thread, was just an observation.

Big Lebowski

Quote from: 69_500 on December 06, 2006, 06:55:16 PM
Does everyone with a semi rare car believe that they are sitting on a gold mine these days though? I mean granted nice cars are around, and rare cars can be had these days as well. But am I the only one who thinks that every tom, dick, and harry who has a 6 pac car, or a HEMI car think they are sitting on a $250K car? Even if its trashed?

Sorry to rant, nothing against the car mentioned in this thread, was just an observation.

Did you see the orange '70 V code Charger on e-bay? Opening bid was $66,000 and the car needs a total resto. The guy posted all the questions about it, and it got pretty nasty. My cars in alot better shape but I doubt it would hit the $66,000 range.

Lord Warlock

QuoteDoes everyone with a semi rare car believe that they are sitting on a gold mine these days though? I mean granted nice cars are around, and rare cars can be had these days as well.
Some of us owners of rare cars do see them as "potential" gold mines, but not to the degree that alot of people think.  We think they are worth a decent price now, but as prices of the cars go up, and totals diminish, we only hope that they will increase over time, and one day be worth half of a hemi car. 

Cars with very low production, as well as good pedigree's deserve to pull a price better than what a new mustang gt costs.  Even if the numbers aren't matching.  They probably don't deserve to be 150,000.00 cars though, not until they are 50 years old. 
69 RT/SE Y3 cream yellow w/tan vinyl top and black r/t stripe. non matching 440/375, 3:23, Column shift auto w/buddy seat, tan interior, am/fm w/fr to back fade, Now wears 17" magnum 500 rims and Nitto tires. Fresh repaint, new interior, new wheels and tires.

hemi68charger

Well, for the kind of money he's looking for, it's not detailed very well..

1. What's up with the '69-earlier voltage regular?

2. It's got the cheesy decal woodgrain instead of the better PG Classic version

3. Wrong washer bottle

4. What's with the relay-looking thing next to the washer bottle? Couldn't find a proper horn relay?

5. Where's the lugnut wrench for the jack? As a matter of fact, doesn't even look like the proper jack !!!!

Come on,,,, These are the simple things... Like someone eluded earlier, bet it's a different beast in person and up-close....
Troy
'70 Superbird 426 Hemi auto: Lindsley Bonneville Salt Flat world record holder (220.2mph)

hemi68charger

Well Big, the moparts thread got locked...........
Troy