News:

It appears that the upgrade forces a login and many, many of you have forgotten your passwords and didn't set up any reminders. Contact me directly through helpmelogin@dodgecharger.com and I'll help sort it out.

Main Menu

MOPARS AT THE STRIP (NEW LINK) 2/07

Started by Steve P., December 03, 2006, 05:13:22 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Steve P.

Quote from: vegasmike on March 16, 2007, 08:31:29 PM
damn steve don't worry about the bar,there is drag racing and car show,I figured to bring the dolly on the last day..it's been 90 degrees all week,but dropping to mid 70's monday the 19th

I'm not worried about the bar.. I just don't know of a better place to set a meeting!  It's not like we have hats or T-Shirts that say WWW.DODGECHARGER.COM ...   :devil: 

It's been very nice here until today. It dropped to about 73 and rained most of the day.. For the last week or so it's been around 80* and only about 38% humidity.  :yesnod:

Steve P.
Holiday, Florida

WheresMyCharger

QuoteAre you around Jamestown?? I met a lady from there once. She told me to (KISS HER WHERE IT STINKS). So I took her to Buffalo..   

QuoteW.N.Y. Mopars??  Where are you located?? I am originally from Rochester..

Steve P
The Club has 2 Chapters. 1 in the Northtowns that meets in Lockport and 1 in the Southtowns that meets in Lackawana, I live in Hamburg, just south of Buffalo.
Have you seen my old '69 Charger??
       *XP29H9B324356*

ramit

Do any of you know about how many cars are usually in the car show part of the event?

Steve P.

I have no idea. The show grows by huge numbers every year. I didn't make it last year, but I was told it about doubled from the year before.. HUGE............

In case we don't all hook up (AT THE BAR UNDER THE BLEACHERS) at 1:PM on Friday, write down this Cell number. (702) 860-4136 This is VegasMike's cell. It is local in Vegas.

See you all there..   Steve
Steve P.
Holiday, Florida

chargerkid

I can't wait.  It should be fun.  I went two years ago.  Look for the white trailer with the 71 Charger inside.  I will be in the vendor area with new interiors, gaskets, and 71-74 Charger parts.  It should "ONLY" cost $2,000.00 in fuel cost from Michigan to Phoenix to Las Vegas and back to Michigan.

Steve P.

Hey Chargerkid, You should hang a DODGECHARGER.COM sign on your trailer.

Steve P.
Holiday, Florida

Steve P.

I got the word tonight that VegasMike and some more serious muscle will be under a tent this year in the show. Look for a red/black 68' sitting with a blue/white 69'. Also a 68' blue/white Super Bee and others.

See you all at the show.... :cheers: :cheers: :cheers: :cheers: :cheers:

I'm on the jet in 4 days and 5 hours........    Yeeeeeeeeeeeee Haaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaa
Steve P.
Holiday, Florida

Steve P.

So is everybody all set for the show?? I leave for Vegas in less than 39 hours.. YAAAAAAAAAAA HOOOOOOO.

:cheers:  :moon: :cheers:

I probably won't have much time to get back on here till I get there and then I don't know.. SOOOOO,,, I hope to hook up with everyone. It's gonna be a blast............................. :2thumbs: :cheers:
Steve P.
Holiday, Florida

mikepmcs

Have a great time Steve!

Wish I was there with my peoples. :icon_smile_big: :cheers: :wave:

v/r
Mike
Life isn't Father Knows Best anymore, it's a kick in the face on a saturday night with a steel toed grip kodiak work boot and a trip to the hospital all bloodied and bashed.....for reconstructive surgery. But, what doesn't kill us, makes us stronger, right?

74Charger

I will see you there!  We are leaving Thursday morning with the club.

See you all there!!
74' Charger
03' 2500 4x4 CTD

71bee

Quote from: 74Charger on March 25, 2007, 08:25:29 PM
I will see you there!  We are leaving Thursday morning with the club.

See you all there!!
:iamwithstupid: what he said!  :punkrocka: see yah'll at the raceway!!!

Ponch ®

It's official...Mojo is invading Sin City this weekend. Anyone who wants to meet and greet on Saturday (its the only day I'll be at MATS), PM with your phone # or when/where to meet.

Is there a gathering place for dc.com folks?
"I spent most of my money on cars, birds, and booze. The rest I squandered." - George Best

Chrysler Performance West

70sixpkrt

Is the meeting spot still under the bleechers at the bar at 1:00 on Friday?
My flight leaves at 8:30am on Thursday. Can't wait. Anybody want to hook up for a beer on Thursday? I'm staying at Harrah's since I got a sweet deal.

440-6pk, 4-speed, Dana 60 with 3:54  
13.01 @107.93 (street tires spinning all the way down)

firefighter3931

Steve P is allready there (probably drinking his face off right now  :haha:)  and i'm leaving in the morning.  :icon_smile_big: See you guys on Friday at 1pm.  :cheers:

Ron
68 Charger R/T "Black Pig" Street/Strip bruiser, 70 Charger R/T 440-6bbl Cruiser. Firecore ignition  authorized dealer ; contact me with your needs

68chrgrwife

All ya'll who meet up thursday have a beer for me it's my b-day that day!!
MOPAR OR NO CAR BABY!
LOVING MY HUBBY: CHARGERMAN68
1973 DODGE CHALLENGER: SOLD :(
1968 DODGE CHARGER RT CLONE (OK, SO IT'S HUBBY'S BUT IT'S MINE TOO, RIGHT?)
2008 DODGE CHARGER
2005 DODGE MAGNUM R/T (YES IT'S GOTTA HEMI)!

WheresMyCharger

Got my boarding passes, will be there soon,
Friday 1:00 at the bar. :yesnod:
:icon_smile_cool: :icon_smile_cool: :icon_smile_cool: :icon_smile_cool:
       *XP29H9B324356*

Ponch ®

is this at 1:00 pm Friday, or 1:00 am Friday night (going into saturday) - which is just about the time I should be rolllin into town.
"I spent most of my money on cars, birds, and booze. The rest I squandered." - George Best

Chrysler Performance West

WheresMyCharger

Friday 1 pm, during the show at the track.
       *XP29H9B324356*

71bee

Man, that was awesome!

It wasn't as crowded as last years event, but it was still very cool! I really dig the 426 Max Wedge shoot out and the HEMI super stockers. the only thing that sucked, was the fact that I had to push my wife all over the show in a wheel chair because of a nasty little car accident.

did anyone attend the "Beer under the bleachers" meet? I was so caught up in everything, that Tom and I spaced it off. sorry.

68chrgrwife

Quote from: 71bee on April 02, 2007, 12:58:12 AM
Man, that was awesome!

It wasn't as crowded as last years event, but it was still very cool! I really dig the 426 Max Wdge shoot out and the HEMI stockers. the only thing that sucked, was the fact that I had to push my wife all over the show in a wheel chair because of a nasty little car accident.

did anyone attend the "Beer under the bleachers" meet? I was so caught up in everything, that Tom and I spaced it off. sorry.

man you suck...i missed it, but still remembered to have a beer at 1pm!!!  J/K....I id think about ya'll out there though...
MOPAR OR NO CAR BABY!
LOVING MY HUBBY: CHARGERMAN68
1973 DODGE CHALLENGER: SOLD :(
1968 DODGE CHARGER RT CLONE (OK, SO IT'S HUBBY'S BUT IT'S MINE TOO, RIGHT?)
2008 DODGE CHARGER
2005 DODGE MAGNUM R/T (YES IT'S GOTTA HEMI)!

70sixpkrt

It was a real good show. I got to meet  Firefighter, SteveP, Gotta 68, and Vegas Mike. Real nice guys and very helpful. Firefighter I will let you know on my motor when I get it. I talked to Rich Nedbal from Mopar Engines West on the timeline and he said they are running behind and it will not be done for another month. I just got a call, they are working on my heads as I am typing this.

440-6pk, 4-speed, Dana 60 with 3:54  
13.01 @107.93 (street tires spinning all the way down)

Steve P.

I am bummed out beyond belief. I just got home a few minutes ago from Vegas. VegasMike, Firefighter and I got plowed every night and played with Mopars every day. Wow what a time.. I hated to say goodbye to them both.

The event was a bit lax this year in comparison to years before, but it was still a great show and a great time. As mentioned earlier we did hook up with some other members. Very cool guys but the Son of a ______ing bar was not open on Friday..  Good thing we brought beer with us. Ron was jonesing for some O'Kiefs. We had to take him to the liqueur store for a couple bottles of the hard stuff. I think Mike and I went through about 10 cases of Bud. " Burp "  (Did I say that out loud)? :devil:   The racing was good but would have been better if we had a set of slicks for Mike's 68' monster.   Next year..   ;)

I grabbed a bunch of parts out there and saved a pile of money. I had to leave 2 boxes with Mike as they wanted way too much money to put them on the plane.. $80.00 per box. One was 21 pounds with carpet in it and the other couldn't have weighed 5 pounds. It had 2 pieces of chrome trim inside.  Greyhound here we come..

We did some work on Mike's 68' and found that we all work very well together. (Of course we were drunk most of the time)..   :D   For those of you that saw the build of VegasMike's motor and had any question about it, STOP.. The car SCREW'S.. :yesnod: :yesnod: :yesnod: :yesnod: :yesnod:  I had a bit of a mishap with his shifter today, BUT he will be calling Dunkin Motor Sports soon to rectify that.. 40 year old factory shifters and humps in the road don't mix well with tons of torque and a NEW TO THE CAR driver.. Yes, I missed 3rd gear and let off the throttle while watching a big truck coming toward us. I just don't trust anyone..    :rotz:   

Ron specked out a bunch of motors for some of the local Vegas crew. I think he has a home if he ever retires from pissing on flames.. I think I'm going to start saving for a dyno.. Hahahaha...  :devil: 

I got to drive another buddy's 68" GTX to and from the show.. It felt great to get behind the wheel of a very very nice old Mopar and cruise. The route home was cool and we looked like we were having out own show going down the road. Hemi Challey/4-speed-- 69' Charger R/T-- 68' Charger R/T-- 68' GTX and a 550 HP Porche all cruisin 60 MPH down the highway.. The only thing that could have been  would be if I owned the GTX..  ;) :coolgleamA:  Damn we had a great time....

For those that made it that we didn't hook up with I hope you all had a good time. For those we did hook up with I KNOW you had a good time.. With a little luck we will all be racing eachother next year.. It was great meeting you all and before I forget I got to meet Doctor Diff (Cass), and get more parts from him.. Thanks for the shirt too Doc.   It was great to meet you too..

Now I am going to go kick out the cat and say hello to my wife..  :devil: ;)   

Steve P.
Holiday, Florida

ramit

I thought the racing was pretty good along with all of the vendors there but I was very dissapointed in the carshow portion on friday.

My wife and I were sitting under the bleachers at 1:00 eating lunch but I did not see a bar either.  I saw a few guys standing there talking by a bunch of tables under the bleachers but I wasn't sure if it was dc.com guys or not.  My wife kept pointing out how stupid I would look if I were to ask someone if they are from dc.com and they have never heard of it.

firefighter3931

Vegas rocks....lots of excitement there. A trip i won't soon forget !   :angel:  My only complaint is the BEER....it's too watered down.  :lol:

The car show was good but i really enjoy meeting the people that own the bad azz Mopars !  :2thumbs:

A big thanks to Vegas Mike for opening his home up to me and being a fantastic host. Mike, you ROCK buddy !  :bow: I'll second Steve's comments on Mike's Charger....the car is sweeeet and runs extremely well !  :icon_smile_big: Boiling the hides from a 30mph rolling start with 3 big dudes in the car is impressive.....i luv it !  :icon_smile_cool:

I'm sure i'll be back again for another MATS show !  :punkrocka:

Ron
68 Charger R/T "Black Pig" Street/Strip bruiser, 70 Charger R/T 440-6bbl Cruiser. Firecore ignition  authorized dealer ; contact me with your needs

firefighter3931

Quote from: 70sixpkrt on April 03, 2007, 06:22:44 PM
It was a real good show. I got to meet  Firefighter, SteveP, Gotta 68, and Vegas Mike. Real nice guys and very helpful. Firefighter I will let you know on my motor when I get it. I talked to Rich Nedbal from Mopar Engines West on the timeline and he said they are running behind and it will not be done for another month. I just got a call, they are working on my heads as I am typing this.

Ricky....good meeting you too !  :icon_smile_big: The tweaked 440 with a solid cam and the E-heads is gonna exceed your expectations....i wish i could be there when you drop the hammer for the first time !  :devil: You're in good hands with Mopar Engines West  :2thumbs:

Ron