News:

It appears that the upgrade forces a login and many, many of you have forgotten your passwords and didn't set up any reminders. Contact me directly through helpmelogin@dodgecharger.com and I'll help sort it out.

Main Menu

MOPARS AT THE STRIP (NEW LINK) 2/07

Started by Steve P., December 03, 2006, 05:13:22 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

mikepmcs

Well :-[
It's official, I won't be making it. I've researched flights and MAC flights(space a military) and called Nellis.  It seems they have an "exercise" going on at the same time(hmm, that sounds familiar, we did that in the navy too) So no rooms at the barracks available. I'm guessing their will be a lot of air force guys at mopars at the strip this year(refer to the word exercise).
The alternatives are way out of my budget.
Have fun fellas.  :icon_smile_big:
v/r
Mike
Life isn't Father Knows Best anymore, it's a kick in the face on a saturday night with a steel toed grip kodiak work boot and a trip to the hospital all bloodied and bashed.....for reconstructive surgery. But, what doesn't kill us, makes us stronger, right?

74Charger

WOW!!!!  I really thought alot more people from this board would be going to MATS. ???  We have this many people coming from our club alone.  And there are way more people on this forum.

For anyone that has never been.  You will not regret it.  To me its the best show I will attend all year.  Its definetley a must go.

Tom-

74' Charger
03' 2500 4x4 CTD

Troy

Quote from: 74Charger on February 23, 2007, 06:50:00 PM
WOW!!!!  I really thought alot more people from this board would be going to MATS. ???  We have this many people coming from our club alone.  And there are way more people on this forum.

For anyone that has never been.  You will not regret it.  To me its the best show I will attend all year.  Its definetley a must go.

Tom-

Some of us live in the land of never ending Mopar shows and Las Vegas is a looooong way. :P I'd still like to go some time but I have to squeeze it into the schedule.

Troy
Sarcasm detector, that's a real good invention.

Steve P.

Damn Mike, Sure sorry to hear that..  :icon_smile_sad:  It is a great show as 74 Charger said. The weather is alllllllllways great, (ESPECIALLY) for you Northerners..  :icon_smile_big:  We're going to miss you bro..

74 Charger, where are you all coming in from?? I know a few years ago there was a herd of South  Eastern Canadians there from this board. Just never hooked up with them..

It would be great to meet up with everyone possible at the show.  I am SOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO looking forward to this show I am ready to piss my pants.. Ok, maybe not that much, but you get what I mean..  :METAL: :punkrocka: :smoke: :cheers: :boogie: :moon: :blahblah: :cheers: :smilielol: :cheers:  Then the day comes when I have to go back to reality and I  :bawling:.

Troy, I thought you were going to try to make it this year??  I know a parts vendor that needs a partner driving out there..  :icon_smile_big:
Steve P.
Holiday, Florida

Troy

Really? Hmmmmmm...

I have to get my priorities straight. I know, it's sucks having to grow up! I don't have as much vacation as last year and I really, really, really have to focus on getting a Charger finished. All that traveling last year killed my budget and now that I'm making progress on the cars I could use the cash. Who knows, I may wake up the day before the show and pull an all-nighter to get there.

Troy
Sarcasm detector, that's a real good invention.

mikepmcs

That is on my mind as well Troy.  I might get a little tipsy one night and just buy the tickets and go. :icon_smile_big:
Life isn't Father Knows Best anymore, it's a kick in the face on a saturday night with a steel toed grip kodiak work boot and a trip to the hospital all bloodied and bashed.....for reconstructive surgery. But, what doesn't kill us, makes us stronger, right?

Steve P.

It is going to be a great time.................................   

We have to start figuring out a time and place to hook up..   Maybe the bar under the bleachers at 1:00 on Friday.. How will that work for everyone else??
Steve P.
Holiday, Florida

71bee

Oh HELL YEAH!!!

This event aint too far away for us Utah folk. last year, we had a whole heard of MoParians goin' down to MATS. I tell yah, this is a party you don't wanna miss! I'm taking down my '79 Dodge motorhome and camping in the motor speedway parking lot (with a ton of other partyin' folk!). wish I could take the Bee too. maybe some day....

heres a shot of just a few  members of our local club THE MOPARS of UTAH just before we  left the Salt Lake valley last year. it's about a 6 hour drive from here. SEE YAH'LL THERE!!!

we had a killer time just waitin' in line to go racing...

Steve P.

Steve P.
Holiday, Florida

71bee

WOW! and a '71 HEMI 'cuda? I'd just about give away my first born for one of those!  :icon_smile_tongue:

68chrgrwife

for all you military guys stay at the air force base it is right outside the speedway and cheap as hell.  That is where we stayed last year.  you pay what $35-$40 a night!  beats any other price for hotel around there.  the Cannery is a 5 min drive from the base.  and SONIC is across the street from the Cannery!!!  I LOVE SONIC  none around me...go to mats just for sonic...ok for the cars too.  I saw (and touched) the new challenger last year..it is a HOT car!  Can't wait to get one...hubby promises I'll get one.  Really enjoyed mats last year..hubby gone so won't be there this year (it would break his little heart if I went without him; i even thought about it!), but will be there next year if we are still close enough to go.
MOPAR OR NO CAR BABY!
LOVING MY HUBBY: CHARGERMAN68
1973 DODGE CHALLENGER: SOLD :(
1968 DODGE CHARGER RT CLONE (OK, SO IT'S HUBBY'S BUT IT'S MINE TOO, RIGHT?)
2008 DODGE CHARGER
2005 DODGE MAGNUM R/T (YES IT'S GOTTA HEMI)!

mikepmcs

Already called Nellis AFB.  No rooms available due to an exercise until the 4th of April.

v/r
Mike

Steve P.

Yup,,, the exercise is a fly over each day of the show and the barracks are loaded with all the guys that beet you to the punch..
Steve P.
Holiday, Florida

74Charger

Has everyone already got their tickets already?  I just ordered mine over the puter this weekend.  Should be in the mailbox about the 18th of March.  It definetley saves you some money.  If you know for sure your are going its a great way to save some cash!  I figured I saved about $45 ordering online. ;D

Tom-
74' Charger
03' 2500 4x4 CTD

Gotta 68

I'm planning on being there with my car.  sc

Steve P.

Gotta 68, your car is beautiful....  Can't wait to see it in person.. Just a few more weeks guys.. Are you feeling it??   :cheers:

Steve P.
Holiday, Florida

71bee

Quote from: Steve P. on March 14, 2007, 10:03:28 AM
Gotta 68, your car is beautiful....  Can't wait to see it in person.. Just a few more weeks guys.. Are you feeling it??   :cheers:

Oh HELL YEAH! it's been like Christmas around here. everyone in the club that's going down, is trying to hurry up and get everything ready. see yah'll there!!!  :2thumbs:

74Charger

Quote from: Steve P. on February 23, 2007, 10:00:25 PM
It is going to be a great time.................................   

We have to start figuring out a time and place to hook up..   Maybe the bar under the bleachers at 1:00 on Friday.. How will that work for everyone else??

So do we have an official meeting time and place yet? ???
74' Charger
03' 2500 4x4 CTD

Steve P.

My vote is under the bleachers near the starting line on the show side of the track. Each year they have had some type of bar there.. That works for me. 1:00 PM on day 1.

There is a walkway that goes out to the track with bathrooms on either side. Very close to there is normally where the bar is.
Steve P.
Holiday, Florida

71bee

Quote from: Steve P. on March 14, 2007, 10:23:41 PM
My vote is under the bleachers near the starting line on the show side of the track. Each year they have had some type of bar there.. That works for me. 1:00 PM on day 1.

There is a walkway that goes out to the track with bathrooms on either side. Very close to there is normally where the bar is.
SWEEEEET! I never noticed the bar last year. and for me not to notice something of this importance.....well, lets just say it's a rarity! :yesnod:

WheresMyCharger

1:00 Day 1, you do mean Friday?
I'll be there.
I'll be wearing my car club logo (along with 10 other people)
Have you seen my old '69 Charger??
       *XP29H9B324356*

Steve P.

Quote from: WheresMyCharger on March 15, 2007, 08:38:11 PM
1:00 Day 1, you do mean Friday?
I'll be there.
I'll be wearing my car club logo (along with 10 other people)

W.N.Y. Mopars??  Where are you located?? I am originally from Rochester..
Steve P.
Holiday, Florida

Ghoste

Hmmm, if i could convince she who must be obeyed, that it's just a harmless trip to Vegas...

No, I'm kidding.  Someday, but not this year.

vegasmike

damn steve don't worry about the bar,there is drag racing and car show,I figured to bring the dolly on the last day..it's been 90 degrees all week,but dropping to mid 70's monday the 19th

Ponch ®

I'm about 70% sure that I'm going. Probably just for the day on Saturday, so I can get to meet some of you fine folks.
"I spent most of my money on cars, birds, and booze. The rest I squandered." - George Best

Chrysler Performance West