News:

It appears that the upgrade forces a login and many, many of you have forgotten your passwords and didn't set up any reminders. Contact me directly through helpmelogin@dodgecharger.com and I'll help sort it out.

Main Menu

MOPARS AT THE STRIP (NEW LINK) 2/07

Started by Steve P., December 03, 2006, 05:13:22 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Steve P.

http://videos.streetfire.net/video/D0ADC8EE-010C-4A45-94C1-FD946DB1B287.htm

The MATS are March 30, - April 1, 2007.  This is a GREAT show and DRAG. Lots of vendors, new and used.

http://www.moparsatthestrip.com/2006/index_2006.shtml

Members that WILL be there this year, known so far:

New link:  http://www.moparsatthestrip.com/2007/home.shtml

Firefighter  :yesnod:
VegasMike  :yesnod:
Steve P.     :yesnod:
70SIXPKRT   :yesnod:
Dennis       :yesnod:
Hergfest     :yesnod:
Where's My Charger  :yesnod:
Ramit           :yesnod:
74 Charger     :yesnod:
Lifsgrt           :yesnod:
69_500        :yesnod:

Steve P.
Holiday, Florida

68isgr8

Never been to Mopars at the Strip, but would like to go. Would it be advisable to book a hotel room a month in advance? Or would you suggest sooner?

Steve P.

The sooner you book the better. This show grows in leaps and bounds. Some book for the next year as they are leaving at the end of the show.. 

If you are bringing your car, try to get into the hotel just outside the speedway. They have cruises and party all night at the hotel. I think it's called   "The Cannery". 
Steve P.
Holiday, Florida

gtx6970

Funny, I was just looking into this tonight. Plan to go if my CFO allows it.
I plan to stay somewhere on the strip, I've been looking at several hotels right now comparing hotel  rates with flight rates versus combo pkgs.

68isgr8

Quote from: Steve P. on December 03, 2006, 07:50:55 PM
The sooner you book the better. This show grows in leaps and bounds. Some book for the next year as they are leaving at the end of the show.. 

If you are bringing your car, try to get into the hotel just outside the speedway. They have cruises and party all night at the hotel. I think it's called   "The Cannery". 

Thanks for the tip. Don't think we'll be bringing our cars (live in north Idaho), price of gas for that long of a trip would be expensive.  But wouldn't mind driving our neon down to see the show. I hear the turnout gets bigger every year.  :icon_smile_cool:

MorePwr

Buddy of mine goes down there, at least the last couple of years.  I may have to follow him down next year.

put me down for a possible maybe.

Steve P.

NO POSSIBLE MAYBE'S........   YOU'RE GOING.......... :devil:
Steve P.
Holiday, Florida

MorePwr

Quote from: Steve P. on December 03, 2006, 10:51:31 PM

That cinches it :yesnod: I'm going  the Wife can't argue with that.

But Honey, Steve P. said so ;D

Steve P.

Quote from: MorePwr on December 03, 2006, 11:18:18 PM

Hahahahahahahaha............   How big is she??  Oh hell, I told my wife I was going and it didn't hurt too much!!  What's another beating??
Steve P.
Holiday, Florida

gtx6970

Hahahahahahahaha............   How big is she??  Oh hell, I told my wife I was going and it didn't hurt too much!!  What's another beating??
You probably liked it anyway  :nana:

Steve P.

Quote from: gtx6970 on December 04, 2006, 07:33:33 PM
You probably liked it anyway  :nana:

Hahaha... You're right.. :scratchchin:

SO,,, GTX, have you made your plans yet??
Steve P.
Holiday, Florida

Ponch ®

I might go. It's kind of a turn-off that you gotta pay just to go look at cars - especially when most of them are at the Fall Fling a couple of weeks later for free.
"I spent most of my money on cars, birds, and booze. The rest I squandered." - George Best

Chrysler Performance West

Steve P.

I got my tickets today....   :boogie: :boogie: :boogie:
Steve P.
Holiday, Florida

firefighter3931

68 Charger R/T "Black Pig" Street/Strip bruiser, 70 Charger R/T 440-6bbl Cruiser. Firecore ignition  authorized dealer ; contact me with your needs

MorePwr

Quote from: Steve P. on December 03, 2006, 11:30:27 PM
Quote from: MorePwr on December 03, 2006, 11:18:18 PM

Not that big..........Italian

Steve P.

:haha:  RUT_RO_RAGGY........... :-\
Steve P.
Holiday, Florida

Rolling_Thunder

I possibly might be there...     BUT...   I have to finish my Charger, put a Hemi into a GTX, build a 70 RT Charger, and finish a 69 Road runner and a 1970 Cuda....     so...    work might keep me from it...    if not I'll see some of you guys at the Spring Fling.
1968 Dodge Charger - 6.1L Hemi / 6-speed / 3.55 Sure Grip

2013 Dodge Challenger R/T - 5.7L Hemi / 6-speed / 3.73 Limited Slip

1964 Dodge Polara 500 - 440 / 4-speed / 3.91 Sure Grip

1973 Dodge Challenger Rallye - 340 / A-518 / 3.23 Sure Grip

Steve P.

Quote from: Rolling_Thunder on January 19, 2007, 06:28:05 PM
I possibly might be there...     BUT...   I have to finish my Charger, put a Hemi into a GTX, build a 70 RT Charger, and finish a 69 Road runner and a 1970 Cuda....     so...    work might keep me from it...    if not I'll see some of you guys at the Spring Fling.

So is that another (POSSIBLE MAYBE)?    :icon_smile_big:
Steve P.
Holiday, Florida

mikepmcs

So how do you get tickets.  This might be a perfect retirement from the navy gift for myself.  Hang out in vegas for a week or so and go to MATS.

I clicked on the link above but no mention of tickets or 2007 stuff except the dates.  I feel dumb.

v/r
Mike
Life isn't Father Knows Best anymore, it's a kick in the face on a saturday night with a steel toed grip kodiak work boot and a trip to the hospital all bloodied and bashed.....for reconstructive surgery. But, what doesn't kill us, makes us stronger, right?

Steve P.

Well don't feel dumb. We meant we got our plane tickets. Ron lives in Canada and I live in Florida. Both of us are East coasters.

You can buy entry tickets for the show through Mopar Collectors guide. I just spotted the form last week. You can save $10.00 off the gate price, I THINK.. I should do that, but,,, Knowing me I would forget them at home.. Hehe...  :rotz:

Let us know if you're going. The more the merrier...
Steve P.
Holiday, Florida

mikepmcs

Oh put me down for a possible right now.  I won't be working at the time cause i'll be on terminal leave from the military.  Here's the deal, I have thousands of hours as a combat aircrewman on a P-3 Orion, but i'm afraid to fly a commercial airline. 
I really want to go though cause it would be great to meet the guys on the site that teach me a ton every day(ok that sounded corny)  Ok, that was code for let's drink some beer.

As long as I can buy tickets at the door I'm good I guess. I don't see myself finding a MCG in Maine.   

Will there be more info in the next month, like event skeds and where the track is??(i could google that i guess) I haven't been to Vegas in 17 years.
I'd also want to know where the majority of the site members are staying.

thanks for putting up with my questions.

v/r
Mike
Life isn't Father Knows Best anymore, it's a kick in the face on a saturday night with a steel toed grip kodiak work boot and a trip to the hospital all bloodied and bashed.....for reconstructive surgery. But, what doesn't kill us, makes us stronger, right?

Steve P.

Hey Mike, It will be great to hook up in Vegas. Check out the link I put in the very first part of this topic.  There is a hotel called THE CANNERY that is just a mile or so from the strip..   Also a very big mil. base there. Sounds like a MAC flight to me..  :devil:
Steve P.
Holiday, Florida

70sixpkrt

I'll be there for the 4th year. I'm flying in on Thursday and the wife is meeting me on Friday.  I want to bring my car but I can not stand the 12 hour ride especially the ride back with a hang over. ;D

440-6pk, 4-speed, Dana 60 with 3:54  
13.01 @107.93 (street tires spinning all the way down)

Steve P.

70 SIXPKRT has been added to the   WE'RE GONNA HAVE A GREAT TIME list.. :devil:

Mikepmcs:  Maybe you can get a MAC. flight into Nellis AF base??  The track is extremely close to the base. Check it out.....
Steve P.
Holiday, Florida

mikepmcs

I'll definitely check that out.  I feel very safe on a military aircraft, just not commercial for some reason.  I guess it's just cause I ran maintenance for many years and i know the high standards the military has for it's planes.

Thanks
v/r
Mike