News:

It appears that the upgrade forces a login and many, many of you have forgotten your passwords and didn't set up any reminders. Contact me directly through helpmelogin@dodgecharger.com and I'll help sort it out.

Main Menu

MOPARS AT THE STRIP (NEW LINK) 2/07

Started by Steve P., December 03, 2006, 05:13:22 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Steve P.

Quote from: ramit on April 04, 2007, 10:14:03 AM
I thought the racing was pretty good along with all of the vendors there but I was very dissapointed in the carshow portion on friday.

My wife and I were sitting under the bleachers at 1:00 eating lunch but I did not see a bar either.  I saw a few guys standing there talking by a bunch of tables under the bleachers but I wasn't sure if it was dc.com guys or not.  My wife kept pointing out how stupid I would look if I were to ask someone if they are from dc.com and they have never heard of it.

Too bad you didn't ask. That was more than likely us. We were there from a bit before 1:00 until about 1:45. That is the area where the BAR NORMALLY is and was on Sat. and Sunday. We went back to the Charger for more beer at that point.   It's kind of hard to have a car in the show and go out hunting people and parts.

VegasMike's red 68' was under a tent close to the staging lanes with a B-7 68' GTX, B-7 69' Charger, then Mike's red 68', then an orange hemi/4-speed Chally and a T/A Chally.  VegasMike's car got one hell of allot of attention all weekend. He's got allllllllottttttttttt  to be proud of with his bad boy..   Congrats Mike..

For those of you that have never met Ron, (Firefighter), you are missing out on a great friend. You couldn't ask for a better buddy.  Ron, Mike and I had a fantastic time and are already planning next years MATS.

Here's to both of you guys..  :cheers:  Ok, we need to spike the beer with something stronger for Ron..  ;D
Steve P.
Holiday, Florida

ramit

yeah, it probably was you then.  Were there 3 of you guys standing there?

Steve P.

Yup, we were standing at the right corner of the tables looking around like caged cats.. Haha..  We have to talk to Troy about shirts or something..  Maybe we could find an outside vendor that makes and sells hats and shirts that is NOT connected with this site. I think that would be fair..

Sorry we didn't hook up bro...   Next year..   Maybe Troy would let me hang a banner over VegasMike's 68' next year..
Steve P.
Holiday, Florida

WheresMyCharger

I spent most of my time watching the drags, The show was great and I will be there again next year.

At 1:00 on Friday I made a few rounds looking for a bar with the dc.com guys, I spotted a guy with a Buffallo Bills shirt on, and my living just south of Buffalo, I walked over to him and mentioned I was supposed to meet some on-line club guys, turns out I was talking to VegasMike! Got to meet SteveP and the rest of the gang. Mike's 68 is really sharp. He was parked next to a real nice B5 blue 69 R/T that brought back many memories.
Have you seen my old '69 Charger??
       *XP29H9B324356*

vegasmike

thats alright steve,,,,you almost put us through the windsheild,ron was in my lap.nice ass ron  ::) :hah: :D

70sixpkrt

VegasMike your car is awesome and I hope my motor sounds like yours. Sweet setup. :2thumbs: Ron thanks for all the input. You know your stuff. :2thumbs:

440-6pk, 4-speed, Dana 60 with 3:54  
13.01 @107.93 (street tires spinning all the way down)

Steve P.

Quote from: 70sixpkrt on April 04, 2007, 08:34:27 PM
VegasMike your car is awesome and I hope my motor sounds like yours. Sweet setup. :2thumbs: Ron thanks for all the input. You know your stuff. :2thumbs:

You are damn sure right. Ron certainly knows his chit..  :yesnod: :yesnod:  Now we just have to get him back on his tools.  I'll be on  my tools tomorrow..
Steve P.
Holiday, Florida

firefighter3931

Quote from: vegasmike on April 04, 2007, 08:29:01 PM
thats alright steve,,,,you almost put us through the windsheild,ron was in my lap.nice ass ron  ::) :hah: :D

LMAO....that is priceless !  :moon: :haha:

Ron
68 Charger R/T "Black Pig" Street/Strip bruiser, 70 Charger R/T 440-6bbl Cruiser. Firecore ignition  authorized dealer ; contact me with your needs

saltdog

Where's the pics for the people who have our  priorities out of whack? ??? ???
1969  Charger (383)
2006 Ram3500 (diesel)

Troy

Sarcasm detector, that's a real good invention.