News:

It appears that the upgrade forces a login and many, many of you have forgotten your passwords and didn't set up any reminders. Contact me directly through helpmelogin@dodgecharger.com and I'll help sort it out.

Main Menu

LakeWood Bellhouseing What the FU##

Started by mikes68charger, December 03, 2006, 09:47:05 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

mikes68charger

OK, Some of you may remember the transmission problems I have been having. Well I gave up on the factory stuff and upgraded to a Kesler set up? Well the sent me back my LakeWood Bellhouseing with the hole for the TKO 600. You are only aloud up to .005 of runout  I have .017 side to side, but have .053 up and down. The side to side can be corrected with the dowels but the up and down can only adjust up to .024. What am I supposed to do? Could this be the reason the other rebuilt trans whent to shit and couldn't shift wihtout grinding?

Ghoste

Don't have an answer to your runout issues but I can tell you that it is definitely a factor to ease of shifting.  In other words, yes, that could very well have been what was making the old one hard to shift.

tecmopar

I've done this many, many times and only twice can I remember having that much offset. Both times it turned out to be a defective/off drilled bellhousing and they were brand new. Lakewood took care of it both times by sending replacements. Yes, that much run-out will make quick work of ruining a trans. One method I used to be sure it was the bell was to remove the dowels and bolt it up without them--check the run-out and try to get it right--then look at the dowel holes and see how far off they are. One of them was almost 1/4 of the dowel hole covered by the bell flange. No offset pins made will make up that difference. I did give you my # so if you want, give me a call, good luck,

Tom C.      tecmopar

gremlinsteve

call me tomorrow, i might have a fix for it.

steve

Chryco Psycho

you could alway die grind the hole & weld it back in on the opposite side

gremlinsteve

thats the plan. hope to be able to get it done for him soon.

steve

mikes68charger

OK I drilled out the alignment hole to get it centered.  Following the directions using 4 bolts so I can still be abe to move it around to center. I was able to come with .002 UP and DOWN and .003 Side to Side. But when I tighten all the bolts down it jumps to .015 UD and 18 SS. I cant believe how much a pain in the ass this is.

gremlinsteve