News:

It appears that the upgrade forces a login and many, many of you have forgotten your passwords and didn't set up any reminders. Contact me directly through helpmelogin@dodgecharger.com and I'll help sort it out.

Main Menu

what do you think

Started by bear, December 02, 2006, 11:08:51 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Brock Samson

01 you gotta example of the orange you got for sale?..  :icon_smile_wink:

TylerCharger69

I can get basic single stage Centauri package (Dupont) here for about 125 bucks for a paint with red in it including the activator.....i.e....Hemi Orange.   A base coat-clearcoat package runs about 250 to 300  and includes activator and everything.   These are prices for a gallon.   The paint supply here gives you the whole gallon of paint alone plus the activators, instead of 3/4 gallon of paint and a quart of activator like some supply houses do.    Now custom paints?.....Well...bring in your own Vaselive, KY, or Gojo...because they won't furnish that either.   That's where the big buck paints come in to play!!!

deputycrawford

I would carefully look over all the parts. I am skeptical  lately since the HLPAG people have been cheating people. I look at the pics and wonder why a 25,000 mile car and engine look so rough. If it is still in your family then it must be true and go for it. Just continue to store it inside to keep it from looking any worse. I have a 69 383 two barrell car and have built it up. I don't regret a thing. Just take your time and don't get hasty to drive it before its done right.
If it ain't wide open; it ain't running.        Rule number one in motocross racing: Pin it; row the gear box; and wait until you hit something.     At work my motto is: If you need me, call someone else.

moparguy01

Quote from: TylerCharger69 on December 04, 2006, 07:15:52 PM
I can get basic single stage Centauri package (Dupont) here for about 125 bucks for a paint with red in it including the activator.....i.e....Hemi Orange.   A base coat-clearcoat package runs about 250 to 300  and includes activator and everything.   These are prices for a gallon.   The paint supply here gives you the whole gallon of paint alone plus the activators, instead of 3/4 gallon of paint and a quart of activator like some supply houses do.    Now custom paints?.....Well...bring in your own Vaselive, KY, or Gojo...because they won't furnish that either.   That's where the big buck paints come in to play!!!

The clear coat they give you is the generic cheap crap. Do this. Buy some cheap clearcoat like what they give you for that price. Mix it up like you were gonna spray it, and stick a wood paint stirer in it. Leave it alone for a week, and do the exact same with the Good quality clear. I guarantee you will see the difference right away. It will look extremely yellow, because clear coats are one of the "you get what you pay for things" Ask anybody who does this for a living and they'll agree. If you want a real nice driver paint use the cheap stuff, If you want a high quality show car you use the good stuff.

bear

for those that are wondering i have already looked at the car and all the major parts are there for the car the rails on the car are fine the trunk pan has a few holes in the middle and it gets wores going off to the right side the only things that i can see sre muissing for the interior is the carpet and headliner i would put up more pictures but i forgot to take the camera out with me

blackcharger

and you haven't bought it yet?

bear

still got to convince my parents to let me get it

blackcharger

Quote from: bear on December 06, 2006, 06:39:50 PM
still got to convince my parents to let me get it

good pratice for when U get married

Lostsheep_01

Amen to that!  Patience, time and money...a whole lot of all three and the help of people here will get you far.  Get the car!
69 Charger 383
MoPar.  You're either with us or behind us!

blackcharger

just show Mom & Dad what some of these cars are worth, even in pieces. Should be an easy sell.

terrible one

Quote from: blackcharger on December 07, 2006, 06:01:52 PM
just show Mom & Dad what some of these cars are worth, even in pieces. Should be an easy sell.

Yep, worked for me!

bear

my dad sort of knows how much they are worth. my litle brother told me that after i went to work he went onto ebay to look at the prices that chargers getting.

THE CHARGER PUNK

u couldnt find a #'s Match car that complete with parts for 5g's anywhere, thats one helluva deal, i say go 4 it, i know i would if i had the $-MATT

Brock Samson

just show them  combined fender and grill prices on this board...
that oughtta do it...