News:

It appears that the upgrade forces a login and many, many of you have forgotten your passwords and didn't set up any reminders. Contact me directly through helpmelogin@dodgecharger.com and I'll help sort it out.

Main Menu

Quesnel Car Show!

Started by Drache, August 29, 2005, 07:05:36 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Drache

Not sure if anyone goes to this but... It was a blast this year! Close to 200 cars were in attendance and they closed down three city blocks to line these cars up so people could walk around snapping photos of them. There weren't as many mopars as I was hoping but there were a couple.

There were two '68 Charger R/Ts; The first was an orange with white vinyl top, auto, 440, 150 speedo, tic-toc-tach, hood mounted turn signals, a very nice car. The second was a red with white vinyl top; It looked to have 20-22 inch wheels on it with flashy rims and a custom dash which looked like it was built entirely out of metal.

There was an award winning '70 Challenger R/T which is a local car. The only option this car seems like it DOESN'T have is A/C! Plum crazy purple, 440 4speed, a very nice looking car as well.

My personal favorite was the '71 Grassy Green Superbee with a 340 Magnum and automatic tranny. There was also a red '66 383 Charger for sale there as well.

A couple other challengers, a '70 Dart swinger with a 440, a '68 Coronet 500 with a 500 stroker that does 11s in the 1/4, a '67 Plymouth Valiant 2 door with a 440, a '68 Plymouth GTX, 68 Roadrunner, '68 Plymouth Satellite, and a couple more I'm probably forgetting about.

There were many others from a '69 GTO Judge Survivor, to my cousins' '69 Mach 1 with his new 500 horse 390 which I was allowed to drive, to rat rods, drag cars, and trucks.

I'll be posting SOME of the pictures I took once I get them developed. In total I took 27 entirely of only the MOPARs and then took 20 more of a few of the other cars before the rain started and I took off in the Mach 1.
Dart
Racing
Ass
Chasing
Hellion
Extraordinaire

Drache

Ok well to keep some interested until this thursday when I can get my pictures developed, here's a couple someone else took of the cars that are local in Quesnel. These were taken last year I believe....

Dart
Racing
Ass
Chasing
Hellion
Extraordinaire

FourSpeedRT

I have seen that lipstick red '68 RT before at the MoPars at the Ranch in Vernon. Sits up like a 4x4 so the bling bling wheels will work. Custom white leather console,custom dash,lots of billetetc. It is (was?) a real four speed RT tho. Not my cup of tea,but someone spent a pile of cash to have that one built. Turns out that car has the same scheduled build date (April 11/68),same paint code (331) and 104 numbers apart in the Vin as my RT. I think the car resides in the Kelowna area.

Drache

Quote from: FourSpeedRT on August 31, 2005, 12:58:32 AM
I have seen that lipstick red '68 RT before at the MoPars at the Ranch in Vernon. Sits up like a 4x4 so the bling bling wheels will work. Custom white leather console,custom dash,lots of billetetc. It is (was?) a real four speed RT tho. Not my cup of tea,but someone spent a pile of cash to have that one built. Turns out that car has the same scheduled build date (April 11/68),same paint code (331) and 104 numbers apart in the Vin as my RT. I think the car resides in the Kelowna area.

Yup that's the same one! Didn't know that it was an original 4 speed though!  :o
Dart
Racing
Ass
Chasing
Hellion
Extraordinaire