News:

It appears that the upgrade forces a login and many, many of you have forgotten your passwords and didn't set up any reminders. Contact me directly through helpmelogin@dodgecharger.com and I'll help sort it out.

Main Menu

dream chargers

Started by mikesbbody, November 30, 2006, 09:36:18 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

mikesbbody

I dont know if this has been done before but i thought it could be kinda fun ok, lets say you can have any charger, any year any combo (color, trans, motor, etc) what would it be? mine would be a 71 rt hemi, 4 speed, hideaways, go green (or is i green go? i can never remember) white interior colored mirrors, with minor bolt on's like headers, weld mag wheels etc it will be interesting to see what you guys like let your imagination go wild! and if you aready have your dream charger let see a pic of it.

Charger1973

Quote from: mikesbbody on November 30, 2006, 09:36:18 PM
I dont know if this has been done before but i thought it could be kinda fun ok, lets say you can have any charger, any year any combo (color, trans, motor, etc) what would it be? mine would be a 71 rt hemi, 4 speed, hideaways, go green (or is i green go? i can never remember) white interior colored mirrors, with minor bolt on's like headers, weld mag wheels etc it will be interesting to see what you guys like let your imagination go wild! and if you aready have your dream charger let see a pic of it.

I could never pick just one to be my dream car, but if I had to, the one you just described would probably be it.

pettyfan43

Black 69 Hemi 4 speed Daytona. 15-7 and 15-8 Torq thrusts. 3.54 Dana. Black witha  white wing and interior.

Maybe a tan interior with the SE package!

OH YEAH!  :icon_smile_tongue: :icon_smile_cool:

THE CHARGER PUNK

A primer dark red 69 charger with no hideaway headlights,vinyl top trim,no charger sail panel emblems,14'' magnum 500's,black interior with sheep skin covers on the front seats,14'' woodgrain grant steering wheel,#'s match 318 with 340 manifold and heads,headers,shortened exhaust, a A-833 4-speed transmission connected to a 8 3/4 rear with 3.55 gears, Basically the Forsaken charger except with a little more goodies :icon_smile_big:

Hemidoug

Been there, done that, still have the T shirts (both of them)! Like they say, pictures are worth a thousand words (see below). :icon_smile_big:
71 R/T 440 6pak, 4spd Mr Norms GSD

konigcharger

well i'm kinda working on it

73 charger se drk green w/ white stripe, 471 6-pack, dana, airgrabber hood, 71 hideaways, and exaust bright tips
getting it one piece at a time

If you have no vision or creative spirit, you can always fall back on the way the factory did it.

terrible one

Besides a Daytona,

clean black on black '68 Charger R/T, 440 or HEMI four speed

azraelck

'71-74 Charger, 318/4speed. I don't want much. Heck, I'll take a slushbox if I have to. At least it's a Torqueflight, and not the crappy A500 OD unit that croaked twice in my old Dak. With gas prices like they are, I want something I can afford to drive.
For every good man that is born, another good man must die.  Yet somehow the
factory keeps pumping out losers and we have no idea how to get rid of them.
--Kersus

PocketThunder

'75 Cordoba Charger............ because i'd be the only one at the show. :icon_smile_big:
"Liberalism is a disease that attacks one's ability to understand logic. Extreme manifestations include the willingness to continue down a path of self destruction, based solely on a delusional belief in a failed ideology."

Dave22443

Hum... thats a tough one.  As I grow older, I find that my tastes change slightly from year to year.  

First it was "Build it like it left the factory" (build sheet correct).  :scope:

Then it was, "Build it like you wish they had built it" (all the options you really wanted).  :thumbs:

To "Build it like they should have built it" (updated with modern equipment).  :2thumbs:

And now its "Build it like you want it to be!"  :METAL:

The thing is, I never really have gotten there yet because as soon as I get close to my current "dream" car, my opinions change  :P

But at least I still have the same Charger  :icon_smile_big:

America will never be destroyed from the outside. If we falter and lose our freedoms, it will be because we destroyed ourselves.
- Abraham Lincoln

Joshua

Dream Charger??? Uhmm OK.
'68 Charger
Hilborn injected Donovan Hemi
Jerico 4 speed
4.10 Dana 60
Yellow with black stripe ;D
E-T wheels
And I'd DRIVE it on the street......

ChargerSG

Black on Black 1969 RT/SE Hemi 4 speed :drive:
Looking for 383 Magnum #0B196875 and 0B115166

mustanghater

OMG this is a tough one
a '71 Super bee
440-6 4 speed
and triple green
New Muscle car forum
http://usav8.com/aamc/index.php
www.myspace.com/spencespeed

Johnnys440Charger

Quote from: Dave22443 on November 30, 2006, 11:01:50 PM
The thing is, I never really have gotten there yet because as soon as I get close to my current "dream" car, my opinions change  :P

That's so true.  

I went through the same with my 69 Charger: Wanted the engine all to be chrome.  Wanted it to be a quarter mile drag car with a tubbed rear end.  Wanting to be a blown Charger.  To a General Lee.  My goal now is the factory original look (besides the color).    I hope I don't change my mind.

To Answer the thread:

TO FIND A 69 Charger RT 440 or HEMI with less than 100 original factory miles which has been properly stored for 37 years.  (That some old lady has in her garage that she drove a dozen times, thats it).   :o  ;D  ;)  :icon_smile_big:  :laugh:  :icon_smile_tongue:  ::)

69_500

HEMI 500, and a matching 440 powered Daytona.

Nothing special, just a nice pair.

Ghoste

Pamela Anderson is nothing special, just a nice pair.  You're talking about a little more than that.  :icon_smile_big:

rare69

I'm almost there! dream charger, 69 R/T SE sunfire yellow with black interior well built 496 stroker motor. only thing i might change would be the auto trany for a four speed and Dana instead of the 8.75.

mikesbbody

there sure are some awesome sounding (and interesting) chargers! keep them coming! i like matt's 71 rt charger plain jane car (matt i know of a 71 rt charger alot like th one you described) but its a 4 speed 6 pack! but it does have power brakes but its a radio delete car with manual steering. I also like the commnts about how your ideas for the cars change (i.e wanting it like it left the factory, then "as i want it" etc etc)

NYCMille

I actually own my dream Charger... and it keeps getting better every year...

- 1968 Dodge Charger R/T clone (didn't want to cut up a real one) done in a pro-touring style
- ALL BLACK with blood red stripe
- shaved drip rails and marker lights
- massaged 440
- 6-speed overdrive tranny
- custom gauges
- fully modified suspension, brakes, wheels and tires
- XV Motorsports full chassie stiffening kit
- Xenon lights
- etc... etc... etc...

Everytime I have a good dream about this car I end up spending more money on it, but you know what... it's gets better every year and I drive it more every year... I would be hard pressed to find another 68' Charger that accellerates, stops, handles and simple preforms like the one I have, plus is as reliable as my wife's Honda Accord. I love it to death and just keep hoping I can continue to impove it year after year after year...

mikesbbody

wow! thats definitly a keeper!!!

Khyron

i'm going to be the cheesy one and say mine.

plain jane 318 69' Charger.

I can do anything I want to it. change the motor, swap the interior, repaint it a different color, and no one will ever get mad :D

Before reading my posts please understand me by clicking
HERE, HERE, AND HERE.

6pkrunner

'06, two exta doors added for a total of 6, 4 cylinder from an 80's version........ :devil:

Black red gut red stripe 1968 hemi 4-speed 4.10 Dana. 15 inch Magnum 500s.
Black red gut red stripe 1969 hemi 4-speed 4.10 Dana

the '68 would be first. Be a nice set of bookends for sure.

65post

My dream machine would be a petty blue - black gut - red tail -  hemi 4 spd Daytona SE. With a set of american daisies !
Previously owned Daytona XX29L9B423239 - f8 - white int. - power windows.

no318

B7 Blue 69 RT SE 440 console 4 speed with black or white top and stripe

B7 is awesome

nakita7

69 RT or RT/SE
440 auto
F8 green with black stripe and vinyl
black or green buckets/console interior
Magnum 500's on white letters
power windows and air

If you know of one for sale (or close to it), send me an email dalkris@hotmail.com