News:

It appears that the upgrade forces a login and many, many of you have forgotten your passwords and didn't set up any reminders. Contact me directly through helpmelogin@dodgecharger.com and I'll help sort it out.

Main Menu

Bodywork Update on the '69

Started by BlueSS454, November 29, 2006, 10:02:10 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

BlueSS454

I have the body about 80% complete.  I have to block the quarters, roof, and doors down a couple more times before I'm happy with them.  I still have to repair the hood and fenders which hopefully will be done in 2 weeks or so.  It looks like there is a lot of filler on it, but there really isn't.  Most of what you see here is a skim coat to level out the surfaces from being media blasted.

Tom Rightler

Silver R/T

http://www.cardomain.com/id/mitmaks

1968 silver/black/red striped R/T
My Charger is hybrid, it runs on gas and on tears of ricers
2001 Ram 2500 CTD
1993 Mazda MX-3 GS SE
1995 Ford Cobra SVT#2722

dads_69

Looks like you've ben busy, but I have a question for you about your dutchman panel. Why did you cover the hole thing in filler vs. a new won?
Thanks for the photos, keep up the great work.
Mark
Hey, you can hate the game but don't hate the player.

BlueSS454

Quote from: dads_69 on November 29, 2006, 10:29:49 PM
Looks like you've ben busy, but I have a question for you about your dutchman panel. Why did you cover the hole thing in filler vs. a new won?
Thanks for the photos, keep up the great work.
Mark
There was no rust on it, it was a tad wavy.  It's easier for me to put a skim coat on and block it down than weld a new one in.  What that car really need was a set of FULL quarters, but I don't have that kind of money, so I fixed them instead.
Tom Rightler

dads_69

Right on man, keep on keepin' on!
Mark
Hey, you can hate the game but don't hate the player.

bill440rt

Looks GREAT!!!  :yesnod: :2thumbs:

BTW, my dutchman panel looked the same way, filled almost the entire panel. Sandblasting company warped the whole panel, plus I had to bond/weld in patches for rust repair. I didn't want to cut the panel out, either. It's a pain to replace, & the repros aren't exactly accurate.

Keep up the good work, you'll have it in paint in no time!
"Strive for perfection in everything. Take the best that exists and make it better. If it doesn't exist, create it. Accept nothing nearly right or good enough." Sir Henry Rolls Royce

BlueSS454

Quote from: bill440rt on November 29, 2006, 10:52:37 PM

Looks like right now it may be ready for paint in about a month or so  ;D ;D :yesnod:
Tom Rightler

ChargerSG

Looking for 383 Magnum #0B196875 and 0B115166

bill440rt

Quote from: BlueSS454 on December 01, 2006, 06:32:23 PM
Quote from: bill440rt on November 29, 2006, 10:52:37 PM

Looks like right now it may be ready for paint in about a month or so  ;D ;D :yesnod:

Really? ME TOO!!  :boogie:
December looks like it's gonna be a busy month. All I have left is to block sand the left side of the car out. I'm hoping first week in January, aflter the holidays blow over.
Good Luck to you!  :2thumbs:
"Strive for perfection in everything. Take the best that exists and make it better. If it doesn't exist, create it. Accept nothing nearly right or good enough." Sir Henry Rolls Royce

resq302

Tom,

the car is coming along great.  cant wait to see it all done up.  Think you will have it ready for the Mopar Atlantic Nats in E-town this coming year?
Brian
1969 Dodge Charger (factory 4 speed, H code 383 engine,  AACA Senior winner, 2008 Concours d'Elegance participant, 2009 Concours d'Elegance award winner)
1970 Challenger Convert. factory #'s matching red inter. w/ white body.  318 car built 9/28/69 (AACA Senior winner)
1969 Plymough GTX convertible - original sheet metal, #'s matching drivetrain, T3 Honey Bronze, 1 of 701 produced, 1 of 362 with 440 4 bbl - auto

Lostsheep_01

Great work!  It makes me want to head back out to the garage and work on mine instead of being online!
69 Charger 383
MoPar.  You're either with us or behind us!

squeakfinder

Just adding my  :Twocents: about the dutchman. I bought mine from charger specialties and have no complaints. As a matter of fact I think its the easiest panel to replace on that car. Plus it exposes the area underneath that supports it and on mine there was no paint and plenty of rust to remove.

Still looking for 15x7 Appliance slotted mags.....