News:

It appears that the upgrade forces a login and many, many of you have forgotten your passwords and didn't set up any reminders. Contact me directly through helpmelogin@dodgecharger.com and I'll help sort it out.

Main Menu

Would You? Trade a restored hemi clone for the real thing unrestored?

Started by lilwendal, November 18, 2006, 02:27:18 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

sharpspike

not a hemi. ( 383 4 speed ) but whats wrong with gold.  :rant:

charge69

What's wrong with gold?  Absolutely Nothing!!  Beautiful Charger you have!  I had a friend who bought a '69 Gold Charger, White vinyl top, white interior in 1971 and I thought it was gorgeous!  His was a 383/auto that was immaculate and we loved that car!
I just think it is not the preferred color for the Hemi Crowd. These people are looking for more visual "pop" for their ultimate muscle car!  I've never seen a real Hemicar in any body style in person that was gold. Obviously, they are out there, but got to be pretty rare!

hemi68charger

Quote from: bull on November 20, 2006, 04:01:00 PM
Quote from: hemi68charger on November 20, 2006, 03:11:51 PM
Quote from: bull on November 20, 2006, 03:05:33 PM
I wouldn't do it but unlike you I really don't enjoy the restoration process, and I'm not the type of guy who passes out when I see a Hemi car. Rare cars a great but I'd rather be able to drive and enjoy a car instead of letting it sit because I'm worried about throwing a rod in a $13k engine.

Naaaaaaaaaaa,, who's worried?   :icon_smile_big:

People who barely have enough money to rebuild a 383, aka me. :-[

If ya think I'm one of those "other" people......   :o  I'm definitely not....... I'm probably more like you than the others... I'm just more of a "risk-taker" I guess......
Troy
'69 Charger Daytona 440 auto 4.10 Dana ( now 426 HEMI )
'70 Superbird 426 Hemi auto: Lindsley Bonneville Salt Flat world record holder (220.2mph)
Houston Mopar Club Connection

lilwendal

Alright. I've reposted the car on Ebay and it will also be at the Turkey runs's car corral at Daytona this weekend.  If it doesn't sell than I'll do the trade.  I do believe I could do better with cash than a trade. Other hemi project cars run around 50 without the original motor. I've found two others I'm considering.  Road Runner hemi projects can be found in the low 30s.  But then It wouldnt be a charger would it. Why waste time restoring anything else?  And the saga continues ??? ??? ???

WheresMyCharger

My first Charger was a Gold 69 SE with black vinyl top. Bought right after high school. Was also the school colors. coincidence  :icon_smile_question:
Have you seen my old '69 Charger??
       *XP29H9B324356*

FastbackJon

Gold is cool, you don't see it that much, well at least I don't.
"This was the dedication of the altar, in the day when it was anointed, by the princes of Israel: twelve chargers of silver, twelve silver bowls, twelve spoons of gold..." -- Numbers 7:84 KJV

chargerkid

It's definitely a cool car!  I can't believe Matt's trading you.  It should be an easy fix for you since you have the know how in restoration.  I know he wanted to get that gold hemi car done.  I saw it leave Sunday on the trailer down to you.  You got a sweet deal there!

charge-it

I see you ended your auction. Well...how about some pics of your new HEMI Charger!
Visit our new website:

http://www.pepsparts.com

84shelby

lilwendel    How did things go at the Turkey run....??     

8wheeler   gold white & tan  great combo!   Looks awesome.

Charger-Bodie

here is a pic of one i used to have its jj1 but no vinyl done right gold can be real sharp on a charger
68 Charger R/t white with black v/t and red tailstripe. 440 4 speed ,black interior
68 383 auto with a/c and power windows. Now 440 4 speed jj1 gold black interior .
My Charger is a hybrid car, it burns gas and rubber............

69fuchs

Hemi cars are worth more in dollars.  If your clone is totalled or stolen, you will lose money.  Try to get a clone insured for what it costs to restore it....good luck!!!

If you love your clone more than money, or can afford to take the hit, a clone is much more fun.  You can even paint a 68 purple when it is a clone.  Try that with a real hemi car and you will be crucified.

I love my hemi car-it is real, it needs to be restored, and I drive it like it was meant to be driven.  It ran its best ET ever at the drag strip this fall--12.82@106mph.   God forbid something happens to it, at least my financial investment is safe.

472 R/T SE

69fuchs, right-on.  Your ride is sweet!
Are you runnin' slicks?  Is your frame tied?  I imagine the folks at the track appreciate you bringin' it out. 
I had several people asking if mine was real?  I told them to, "touch it, does it feel real".  ;)

Joshua

I'd probably keep the clone..........even though I'm not a big fan of clones. The great thing about 'em though is that you can BEAT on 'em and have ALOT of fun.
MOST guys are afraid to REALLY drive a legit HEMI car. Sure, they'll PUTT 'em to a show, but to drive it a LONG distance, DESPITE the weather.......rarely.... ???

69fuchs

Quote from: 472 R/T SE on November 29, 2006, 11:53:28 AM
69fuchs, right-on.  Your ride is sweet!
Are you runnin' slicks?  Is your frame tied?  I imagine the folks at the track appreciate you bringin' it out. 
I had several people asking if mine was real?  I told them to, "touch it, does it feel real".  ;)

Thanks!  The car is completely stock except for the tires/wheels.  The tires are hoosier quick time pro's-DOT legal. 

I am doing a 70 charger r/t clone, and the only difference between that car and a real one will be the VIN numbers.

bullit68

69fuchs,nice charger.a 68 hemi charger is my favourite.needs resto?nah!its perfect like it is,you can drive it,race it,and not worry about putting a scratch in the paint.i currently drive a 68 charger rt hemi 4 spd clone.its a lot of fun too.i have a 69 hemi 4spd charger and a 66 hemi auto charger that both need resto.i'm going to do them as nice drivers.btw is your 68 a auto or 4spd?original engine?other details like options?