News:

It appears that the upgrade forces a login and many, many of you have forgotten your passwords and didn't set up any reminders. Contact me directly through helpmelogin@dodgecharger.com and I'll help sort it out.

Main Menu

Where Can I get This Part

Started by JMF, November 29, 2006, 04:44:07 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

JMF

If you look closely on my Charger, that chrome strip just above the rear lights has a few dings in it, does anyone sell these chrome strips by any chance or is it possible to repair my current chrome strip?

charger Downunder

You will be able to find someone in your area that repairs/pollishes strips.
[/quote]

JMF

Thanks, but I thought those kind of strips were too flimsy to repair?

Winged 1

;D
Just got the same part back from metal smith. Had a few dingers in it and came back spotless. Trick is finding someone that does this for a living. When hes done you will never know it was hurt. Prewarn you so. They do most of the work on the back side. You might see where the hammer marks are but the front side is spotless.....
Good luck.
Eric

JMF

Does anyone sell the replacement chrome strip?

bill440rt

JMF, this stainless moulding is not being reproduced. It's either used, NOS (good luck!), or nothing.
Look in Hemmings Motor News or MCG. There are tons of advertisers in there that restore stainless trim. Ship it to them in a hard PVC tube to avoid damages in shipping.
"Strive for perfection in everything. Take the best that exists and make it better. If it doesn't exist, create it. Accept nothing nearly right or good enough." Sir Henry Rolls Royce

dkn1997

the goodnews is that it's stainless, so finding a decent used one should not be too hard.  it's the only piece of my rear molding that did not have to be redone.  all of the rest was potmetal shit.
RECHRGED

BronzeOnSteelies

JMF, off the subject but I really dig the color of your 68. I had a 70 that was B7 blue. What is the color name or code of your car?
68 MM1 (Turbine Bronze) R/T

JMF

It's Viper GTS Blue, i've got American Racing Outlaw 1 wheels on the car now

TylerCharger69

that strip is on Ebay right now....a refurbished one at that!!   I don't know how to copy and paste the links though...someone should tell me how to do that....hmmmmmmm

Todd Wilson

You could fill a plastic bag with body filler and make a mold of a good section of your strip   and then lay the bad area in after it hardens and try and tap out your dents yourself.

Todd

Silver R/T

Im looking for one too, but they dont make repro ones so best bet is to find a good used one
http://www.cardomain.com/id/mitmaks

1968 silver/black/red striped R/T
My Charger is hybrid, it runs on gas and on tears of ricers
2001 Ram 2500 CTD
1993 Mazda MX-3 GS SE
1995 Ford Cobra SVT#2722