News:

It appears that the upgrade forces a login and many, many of you have forgotten your passwords and didn't set up any reminders. Contact me directly through helpmelogin@dodgecharger.com and I'll help sort it out.

Main Menu

Your thought on "Go wings" on Chargers.

Started by Khyron, August 29, 2005, 04:23:32 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Khyron

I'm still forming an opinion and was curious on the general feelings on them?

were they ever an option available for the Chargers? On what generation chargers? Pics of Chargers with them would be nice as well.

Before reading my posts please understand me by clicking
HERE, HERE, AND HERE.

TheGhost

70 had the Go Wing option, and 71 had the Gull Wings.  Personally, I think 2nd gens look much better without the wings.  They take away from the smooth body lines.  However, they do look good on 3rd gens.
Never underestimate the power of stupid people in large groups.  Especially if they have access to the internet.

Mass_Mopar

Quote from: Ghost on August 29, 2005, 04:35:32 PM
70 had the Go Wing option, and 71 had the Gull Wings.   Personally, I think 2nd gens look much better without the wings.   They take away from the smooth body lines.   However, they do look good on 3rd gens.

:iagree:
-Nick

70 Charger 500 383/833 pistol grip 3.91sg
71 New Yorker 440/Auto
04 Ram 5.7L 4x4 5spd 3.92 Auburn Posi
Old screen name MA_Young_Gun

6pkrunner

I've gone one further and no don't really care for any of the Go or Gull wings on any of the bodys - even Es. I used to, but they just seem out of place now. And an E can better pull it off than a B.

Daytonas and Superbirds are above this level. ;D

mustanghater

does anyone have a charger with a factory gowing?
New Muscle car forum
http://usav8.com/aamc/index.php
www.myspace.com/spencespeed

472 R/T SE

They were a late year option, after Dec. '69, if I'm not mistaken.
Years ago, I I bought my v code '70 Bee simply because  it was ordered with one.  I too, have changed my preference for them, also agree they look way better on an e body.

cudaken

:iamwithstupid: as well. Look's good on a 70 Super Bee, but other than that I don't care for them. Gull wing on a 71-72 Road Runner I like as well. Ok, I all most forgot the 71-72 and 72-74 Charger's, it add's just what they where missing.

On a 2nd Gen, don't care for them at all.

Look's good on my 70 Cuda!

Cuda Ken
I am back

Ghoste

I like them on the 3rd gens.  I always kind of thought of the 3rd gen as a great big pony car all grown up and with pony cars I think you either get the stripped down race homolagation style or something loaded right up with optional go-fasters. If I were looking for a 71, I think I would want one with all the spoilers and louvers and exhaust tips everything.  If they jung it on the car to build stationary speed, I'd want it.  2nd gens have the trunk lid flip and that is enough.  As to the fastbacks, well they had their own little optional ducktail and it looks good on them.

Chris G.

I was never a big fan, but if I had a '70 with it coded, it would be on there. I like the 71's with the gull wing.

If you are looking for a change, I don't know why more of you '69 guys don't opt for the V21 hood treatment. That looks awesome on a '69 (and 70), but you rarely see it.

Silver R/T

http://www.cardomain.com/id/mitmaks

1968 silver/black/red striped R/T
My Charger is hybrid, it runs on gas and on tears of ricers
2001 Ram 2500 CTD
1993 Mazda MX-3 GS SE
1995 Ford Cobra SVT#2722

kab69440

Had a Go- Wing knock-off on my 69 for years. It seemed pretty cool "back in the Day". Took it off this year and gave it away.
Imagination was given to man to compensate him for what he is not;  a sense of humor to console him for what he is.      Francis Bacon

WANT TO BUY:
Looking for a CD by  'The Sub-Mersians'  entitled "Raw Love Songs From My Garage To Your Bedroom"

Also, any of the various surf-revival compilation albums this band has contributed to.
Thank you,    Kenny

Jesus drove a Honda. He wasn't proud of it, though...
John 12: 49     "...for I did not speak of my own Accord."

TruckDriver

70 had the Go Wing option, and 71 had the Gull Wings.   Personally, I think 2nd gens look much better without the wings.   They take away from the smooth body lines.   However, they do look good on 3rd gens.
PETE

My Dad taught me about TIME TRAVEL.
"If you don't straighten up, I'm going to knock you into the middle of next week!" :P

MoparYoungGun

Khyron

Quote from: Burnt70R/T on August 29, 2005, 06:53:00 PM
I was never a big fan, but if I had a '70 with it coded, it would be on there. I like the 71's with the gull wing.

If you are looking for a change, I don't know why more of you '69 guys don't opt for the V21 hood treatment. That looks awesome on a '69 (and 70), but you rarely see it.

And what is this V21 hood treatment?

Before reading my posts please understand me by clicking
HERE, HERE, AND HERE.

Dodge Don

V21 is the performance paint treatment.....meaning the hood scallops were painted with a flat black. The style for 69 is different than the 70 style.

Goldfinger71

1971 Charger R/T   GY9 Dark Gold Metallic, V1Y Gold Top, GY4 Light Gold Interior- A/C, Rimblow, PW, Front Disc, AM-FM, Tach, Light Package, Slotted Tips, Trailer Tow Package(MIA)and a few other odds and ends...including a luggage rack!

Lowprofile

Quote from: kab69440 on August 29, 2005, 07:14:19 PM
Had a Go- Wing knock-off on my 69 for years. It seemed pretty cool "back in the Day". Took it off this year and gave it away.

Looks kinda cool with the magnetic mount CB Antenna. :D :D :smilielol: :smilielol:
"Its better to live one day as a Lion than a Lifetime as a Lamb".

"The final test of a leader is that he leaves behind him in other men the conviction and will to carry on."

Proud Owner of:
1970 Dodge Charger R/T
1993 Dodge Ram Charger
1998 Freightliner Classic XL

doctorpimp

What are the visual differences between the "Go-Wing" and the "Gull-Wing"?
:icon_smile_question:
'73 Coupe, 470, Keisler 5spd, 3.55 SG; Petty Blue; Hideaway Headlights.

www.cardomain.com/ride/2119216

TheGhost

Quote from: doctorpimp on August 29, 2005, 09:42:02 PM
What are the visual differences between the "Go-Wing" and the "Gull-Wing"?
:icon_smile_question:

I think it's the way the ends turn down. :dunno:
Never underestimate the power of stupid people in large groups.  Especially if they have access to the internet.

Spike

Quote from: Dodge Don on August 29, 2005, 08:27:58 PM
V21 is the performance paint treatment.....meaning the hood scallops were painted with a flat black. The style for 69 is different than the 70 style.

Like so!

General Ryan

3rd Gens look fine, but I must say, the 70's look absolutely terrable with them, make me wanna just go and rip em off when I see them. I'd take the luggage rack option before that wing.

And thats my nice way of voicing my opinion on this one!

694spdRT

Here is a picture of my dad's '71 R/T with the wing. I like it on the 3rd gens...looks out of place on the 2nd gens.
1968 Charger 383 auto
1969 Charger R/T 440 4 speed
1970 Charger 500 440 auto
1972 Challenger 318
1976 W200 Club Cab 4x4 400 auto 
1978 Ramcharger 360 auto
2001 Durango SLT 4.7L (daily driver)
2005 Ram 2500 4x4 Big Horn Cummins Diesel 6 speed
2005 Jeep Grand Cherokee Limited 5.7 Hemi

ChargerBill

I think they look great on GTX's and RoadRunners, but Chargers have that long sweeping rear butress and rear lip and the Go-Wing takes away from those beautiful lines IMO.
Life is a highway...

bull

Quote from: 694spdRT on August 30, 2005, 12:26:14 AM
Here is a picture of my dad's '71 R/T with the wing. I like it on the 3rd gens...looks out of place on the 2nd gens.
:iagree: My paint guy has one on his '69 and I don't like it at all. I think it looks ok on the 3rd gens though.