News:

It appears that the upgrade forces a login and many, many of you have forgotten your passwords and didn't set up any reminders. Contact me directly through helpmelogin@dodgecharger.com and I'll help sort it out.

Main Menu

The Photoshop Thread

Started by ds440, November 27, 2006, 09:06:44 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

bee_fishy_6869

Quote from: 1carcrazyguy on July 03, 2007, 05:47:54 PM
Quote from: ds440 on July 03, 2007, 04:58:16 PM
;)

:o :think: :scared: :faint:
Thanks though....now I know what one of our other cars will look like when done!  :smilielol:

I was wondering what was up with the reaction until I read it over again and you said you wanted the stripe changed white, not the body color. DS, stop drinking on the job, or at least save some for me.

1carcrazyguy

I would just like to say a big THANKS  :2thumbs: those that are doing these PS pics!  :notworthy:  It is really helping me to decide on how I want to finish my car!!  :2thumbs:

The only problem now....I can't decide how I want to do the car.... :brickwall:

White stripe, red scoops NO WING
Black stripe, red scoops, NO wing
Black stripe, black out hood, but with a go-wing

:brickwall: :brickwall: :brickwall:

Latest PROGRESS pic attached:  :rock:

dads_69

Quote from: 1carcrazyguy on July 08, 2007, 01:16:15 PM
I would just like to say a big THANKS  :2thumbs: those that are doing these PS pics!  :notworthy:  It is really helping me to decide on how I want to finish my car!!  :2thumbs:

The only problem now....I can't decide how I want to do the car.... :brickwall:

White stripe, red scoops NO WING
Black stripe, red scoops, NO wing
Black stripe, black out hood, but with a go-wing

:brickwall: :brickwall: :brickwall:

Latest PROGRESS pic attached:  :rock:
Your Dart is awesome the way it is. Maybe a tail stripe, black to match int. would be cool, thats all I can see doing to it. My Dart is coming along as well. I'll post some photos soon as I get some paint on parts next week. I went with a Demon hood scoop and wing, but the wing is not mounted yet.
Mark
Hey, you can hate the game but don't hate the player.

ds440

Quote from: bee_fishy_6869 on July 08, 2007, 01:11:34 PM

I was wondering what was up with the reaction until I read it over again and you said you wanted the stripe changed white, not the body color. DS, stop drinking on the job, or at least save some for me.

Whoops! :eek2: :lol: :eek2: :lol:

I guess I saw "....my Dart to white" and went from there.

Not sure how that made it past my tough 'quality assurance' tests. :lol:  Sometimes I'm in too much of a hurry I guess.  Thanks for looking out for me, bee.  I need all the help I can get. :yesnod:
1968 Charger R/T, 440 auto.

ds440

Here's the Cuda, Mr. Anonymous. :icon_smile_wink: :angel:

-With billboards and without.
-Carbon fiber shaker (hard to see, but it's there).
-Carbon fiber front spoiler (you didn't spec one, so I just mocked one up)
-Bose rims.

Let me know if I left anything out.  Hope it helps. ;)

Brock Samson

Lowprofile

As always, awesome work Bro!  :2thumbs: :cheers: :2thumbs:
"Its better to live one day as a Lion than a Lifetime as a Lamb".

"The final test of a leader is that he leaves behind him in other men the conviction and will to carry on."

Proud Owner of:
1970 Dodge Charger R/T
1993 Dodge Ram Charger
1998 Freightliner Classic XL

69bronzeT5

now that is one tough looking Cuda!! :cheers:
Feature Editor for Mopar Connection Magazine
http://moparconnectionmagazine.com/

1969 Charger: T5 Copper 383 Automatic
1970 Challenger R/T: FC7 Plum Crazy 440 Automatic
1970 GTO: Black 400 Ram Air III 4-Speed
1971 Charger Super Bee: GY3 Citron Yella 440 4-Speed
1972 Charger: FE5 Red 360 Automatic
1973 Charger Rallye: FY1 Top Banana 440 Automatic
1973 Plymouth Road Runner: FE5 Red 440 Automatic
1973 Plymouth Duster: FC7 Plum Crazy 318 Automatic

Brock Samson

bump & i thought i'd share this "fixed pic" Magnumcharger worked his magic with on a photo supplied by 68mmcharger.

first the original pic...
(this is the car my car ultimatly aspires to be..   :eek2:  )

:drool5:

vancamp

ok i found this thread i had posted in the general section if some one could do a color change on a 66 satellite and maybe a set of torque thrusts, i will repost the pics over here if i need to. Thanks

69bronzeT5

DS440....THAT IS ONE KILLER 'CUDA! :METAL:

ds440

Quote from: vancamp on July 25, 2007, 05:27:46 PM
Hello, I am relatively new here as far as posting, I had saw some of the photoshop work on a previous thread and was wondering if some could help me out? I building a 66 Satellite and am trying to decide on color I want to add torque thrust original wheels, a wo/ro scoop and either red,silver or turqoise paint heres a photo that might work if not let me know Thanks.

Got your PM.

Quick question - what is a "wo/ro scoop?"  Let me know and I'll get on it...

ds440

Quote from: wLc on July 26, 2007, 09:54:36 AM
If you don't mind, would you put a General Lee paint job on mine?
Delete the side markers, add some BFG's and front and rear bumpers.
Thanks.

Um...I'm confused. :icon_smile_question:  Do you only want an image of a General Lee?  If that's the case, just do a Google image search...there are plenty of good GL images out there. :yesnod:

ds440

'66 Satellite - red, turquoise, and silver.... ;)

vancamp

the satellites are perfect thank you :cheers: :icon_smile_big:

bee_fishy_6869

Quote from: ds440 on July 26, 2007, 04:49:27 PM
Quote from: wLc on July 26, 2007, 09:54:36 AM
If you don't mind, would you put a General Lee paint job on mine?
Delete the side markers, add some BFG's and front and rear bumpers.
Thanks.

Um...I'm confused. :icon_smile_question:  Do you only want an image of a General Lee?  If that's the case, just do a Google image search...there are plenty of good GL images out there. :yesnod:

I can give you a hand and take this one DS. -Bee

WLC, to be honest with you it wont appear that great using your exact car since its difficult to work with non colors (black/white/grey) cars to use as the basis for a photochop. I'll see how it turns out. If not, a plausible solution would be to super impose a GL over your background and scale size it to the pic. This way it'll have the same background to make the transition effect for your gif.

69bronzeT5

Well heres my attempt at it...I deffintley dont see photoshopping in my future :D

Musicman

WLC, to be honest with you it wont appear that great using your exact car since its difficult to work with non colors (black/white/grey) cars to use as the basis for a photochop.

DS... just a thought concerning troubles with non-color objects...
Have you tried creating a new layer with the grey or white object, applying an overall color cast to the scene to eliminate the non color issue, working with that, and then applying the newly colored object to the original layer... just a thought???

Mike

ds440

Quote from: bee_fishy_6869 on July 27, 2007, 07:05:23 PM
I can give you a hand and take this one DS. -Bee

Go for it, Bee.  I can always use the help. :cheers:

Quote from: Musicman on July 28, 2007, 07:30:18 AM
DS... just a thought concerning troubles with non-color objects...
Have you tried creating a new layer with the grey or white object, applying an overall color cast to the scene to eliminate the non color issue, working with that, and then applying the newly colored object to the original layer... just a thought???

Mike

Well, I think what Bee was getting at was the fact that when adjusting those three colors (white, grey and black) you tend to loose detail and the end result (in this case, orange) will look a little flat.  The finished image will look like the car was painted with an orange primer or something.  There are a couple of ways around this, but all of them are a little tricky.  It's definitely "possible", however it would take some time to get it right.  Generally, what I like to do is find a good quality image (nice lighting, good reflections, etc) to start with.  So, in the end the "finished product" looks much better.

With that said, with this one, I've been looking for an image of a GL from the same angle and was planning on cutting and pasting the whole car into wLc's background.  I just haven't found the right pic yet.  I'm sure it exists somewhere, but...?

;D

Musicman

Well, I think what Bee was getting at was the fact that when adjusting those three colors (white, grey and black) you tend to loose detail and the end result (in this case, orange) will look a little flat.  The finished image will look like the car was painted with an orange primer or something.

Sorry, I hadn't really looked at the original photo, but now that I have, I see what your talking about. Due to the quality of the original, and the fact that the car is painted in what appears to be a grey primer, the car would end up looking like it was painted in orange primer instead. I was just offering a suggestion toward dealing with neutral shades in general. I'll leave the fancy stuff to you folks, your the experts.  :2thumbs:

Yup, that's orange primer alright...

ds440

Quote from: Musicman on July 28, 2007, 09:52:26 AM

Sorry, I hadn't really looked at the original photo, but now that I have, I see what your talking about. Due to the quality of the original, and the fact that the car is painted in what appears to be a grey primer, the car would end up looking like it was painted in orange primer instead. I was just offering a suggestion toward dealing with neutral shades in general. I'll leave the fancy stuff to you folks, your the experts.  :2thumbs:

Yup, that's orange primer alright...

Oh, don't apologize. :cheers:  In actuality, you were correct in your first statement.  A color "wash" would actually work if the car was a glossy white or glossy silver (black would get trickier).  But as you can see with your above pic, you would have to go back in and either 1) airbrush in reflections or 2) find another charger with reflections and cut/paste/distort body panels to give it that 'finished' look.

Possible - but challenging. :yesnod:

bee_fishy_6869

Definitely best to try and find GL with the similar photo angle/characteristics and paste it over.
I was messing around with coloring the original but after fighting it for about 20minutes you'll realize it'll take too much time to get it looking good.

ds440

Here is the '71 R/T. :cheers:

Black with the Foose rallyes.  Let me know if I left anything out. :2thumbs:

OldGuy

ds440 -
We are in the final stages of prep for paint on my 1968 Charger.  Stock color is SS1 - Yellow.  However, I am interested in how it would look in Top Banana yellow - Y-1 (1970).  It will have a black vinyl top.  Would you mind working up a couple of color schemes for me:

1.  Paint - SS1 Yellow
     Black Vinyl top
     Nascar Wheels (black Bassett - 8 spoke)
     Goodyear racing tires - yellow raised lettering

2.  Paint - Y-1 Top Banana Yellow
     Black Vinyl top
     Nascar Wheels (black Bassett - 8 spoke)
     Goodyear racing tires - yellow raised lettering

I have attached a couple of views of the Charger.  If you have a better view of a finished 1968 Charger - bumpers, side markers, etc.) please use that.  I probably won't put the bumblebee stripe on since I want to keep it close to stock (383).  However, if you want to add it to see how it looks - I would be interested. 

Thanks,

Carl

"I can tell by your sarcastic undertones, rude comments and total lack of common decency, that you and I could be best friends".

tkj375

hey i'm new to the site and would like to see what my 69 charger would look like when its finished..i want it black with no vinyl top and a red stripe on the deck lid. i also would like it to have cragar ss rims and a six pack hood with the numbers blacked out..i dont have any pics for you to use so i guess you can just use a pic of a nice 69.

thanks,
tyler