News:

It appears that the upgrade forces a login and many, many of you have forgotten your passwords and didn't set up any reminders. Contact me directly through helpmelogin@dodgecharger.com and I'll help sort it out.

Main Menu

The Photoshop Thread

Started by ds440, November 27, 2006, 09:06:44 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Troy

Quote from: Steve P. on February 20, 2007, 11:35:13 PM
Quote from: BronzeOnSteelies on February 20, 2007, 09:19:17 PM

DS440

How about the 68 MM1 car with black top, black bumblebee stripe and Cragar SS's. That is what I am contemplating for my MM1 car.

Love this thread.

Go to any mopar show anywhere and you can see this car in person. More like 5 - 10 of them.  Hell, That is VegasMikes car exactly......
Where??? It took me about four years of actively looking before I saw my first MM1 bronze car - and it was a Dart! I finally saw a Charger at Carlisle two years ago and since then I've seen four others. I think that we have at least six members with MM1 Chargers. Now, if you meant "black" Chargers I'd agree - the first 11 Chargers I saw at the Nats last year were black (none were factory black like mine though :D ).

For what it's worth, every MM1 car that I currently know of has a black top and black stripe (all R/Ts) except two. One is a Hemi car with a black top and stripe but a white interior and the other is mine with a white top and interior but no stripe because it isn't an R/T. There's a Photoshop of mine on the first page.

Oh, and no one has Cragars any more - they all switched to Torque Thrusts... :P

Troy
Sarcasm detector, that's a real good invention.

ds440

V21s....

...not a model....

1968 Charger R/T, 440 auto.

ds440

Quote from: BronzeOnSteelies on February 20, 2007, 09:19:17 PM

DS440

How about the 68 MM1 car with black top, black bumblebee stripe and Cragar SS's. That is what I am contemplating for my MM1 car.

Love this thread.

Here you go. ;D  VERY challenging color to match.  The few references I have, the color looks different in different lights....so I tried my best to get in between. 

Hope this helps.

ds440

Here you go, '73.

With the stance, I only went up a notch or two.  Tried to level it out, but keep it stock.  Hope this helps.

HITMAN 149

hey DS...
could you do me 1 more solid???? make this pic of MR ANGRY black & white. but leave the backround and all?!?!? plum did a blk/wht and the stripe came out gray and looked awesome...except it was when mike was looking to do a nascar theme on the car , and it had changes to it. oh yea could you add the black vinyl roof like ya did for me before?? thanks for all your help :icon_smile_big:.....i'm leaning towards  the black metallic w/ the gray stripe & black roof!!! i know it's tuff to photoshop metallics...i wasn't too crazy the way the dark gray come out (nothing on you!!!! :icon_smile_big:) i'll have to pop in an bmw dealer & check out the colors in person.
the one's you did for brock & bronze with the guitars came out awesome!!!!!!!!!!
thanks again!!!!!!!  :devil:
68 Charger R/T, SOLD =/ sniffle sniffle
01 BMW 740i SPORT  
01 Hot Rod Harley Dresser, SOLD =/ =/

ds440

Yeah no problem, hobo.  That's an easy one. :yesnod:

What I did is made only the car black and white.  So the background is still in color (what little color there is). 

...and I slapped on the black top.  Hope this is what you are looking for...

HITMAN 149

DS...
thanks so much!!! AWESOME!!!!! I THINK THAT IS WHAT I'M GONNA DO W/ HER!!!!!  :devil:
P.S. i figured it was an easy one for you!! hahaha
01 BMW 740i SPORT  

Johnny SixPack

Hey DS, man, I hate to ask, but I've got a request for you. :angel:

I've tried to fix the blackouts on my "70 (they should go straight back to the windshield chrome), and also add a black vinyl top top it (should have one), but can't seem to get them right.

Is there any way to still show the sunroof open when putting the vinyl top on?

I'd really appreciate it if could you try it, when you have some free time.

Here's the pic, and you can click on it for a high-res version:

Thanks in advance! :cheers:
Johnny's Herd:
'69 Charger SE, '70 Charger R/T SE 496 Six Pack, '72 Chrysler Imperial LeBaron, '74 International Scout II, '85 Ford F-250 Diesel, '97 Lincoln Town Car Signature Series

"If everyone is thinking alike, then someone isn't thinking." - Gen. George S. Patton Jr.

"If its got tits or tires, you're going to have trouble with it." - Unknown

Got Dodge Fever? There's only one cure.....Charger!

ds440

Here you go.  ;D

Johnny SixPack

Sweet!

I really appreciate it.

I need to find a pic that really shows off the roof now.

Thanks a lot, DS! :cheers:
Johnny's Herd:
'69 Charger SE, '70 Charger R/T SE 496 Six Pack, '72 Chrysler Imperial LeBaron, '74 International Scout II, '85 Ford F-250 Diesel, '97 Lincoln Town Car Signature Series

"If everyone is thinking alike, then someone isn't thinking." - Gen. George S. Patton Jr.

"If its got tits or tires, you're going to have trouble with it." - Unknown

Got Dodge Fever? There's only one cure.....Charger!

Charger1973

Thats perfect man, thanks  ;D

ds440

Here you go, 472. ;)

mikepmcs

Quote from: ds440 on February 21, 2007, 02:18:53 PM
Yeah no problem, hobo.  That's an easy one. :yesnod:

What I did is made only the car black and white.  So the background is still in color (what little color there is). 

...and I slapped on the black top.  Hope this is what you are looking for...

John,
you gonna put the vinyl back on huh? That rendition does looks sweet but what about no vinyl, that would be killer too.
That last plum car is ridiculous(in a good way)  :METAL: :METAL: :2thumbs:

v/r
Mike
Life isn't Father Knows Best anymore, it's a kick in the face on a saturday night with a steel toed grip kodiak work boot and a trip to the hospital all bloodied and bashed.....for reconstructive surgery. But, what doesn't kill us, makes us stronger, right?

HITMAN 149

hey mike...
which one ??? the black & white of mR angry???  I LOVE THAT PIC!!!!!!!!!  yea i was thinkin of asking DS for one more... w/ out a vinyl??? i don't wannna push my lick though!! hahahah i may have to buy him a beer   :cheers:  or send him  a pba card!!! LOL :angel:  hahaha
i'm might put up a thread on what everybody thinks??? wheels??? vinyl... no vinyl??? color combo????  ::)
ahhhh decisions...decisions...decisions?!?!?!? hahaha
01 BMW 740i SPORT  

mikepmcs

Do it John! Start that thread.

PBA card, you mean professional bowlers association???  I'm in on that one. :icon_smile_big:

v/r
Mike
Life isn't Father Knows Best anymore, it's a kick in the face on a saturday night with a steel toed grip kodiak work boot and a trip to the hospital all bloodied and bashed.....for reconstructive surgery. But, what doesn't kill us, makes us stronger, right?

CB

ds44, nice work dude :thumbs:
I'd wonder how this car (looks like mine) would look like with the slotted mags. Could the cage also be removed?Any chance? Maybe I ask things that can't be done, I don't know...
Thanks CB
ps, loose the ram 'thing' on the hood too please ;)
1968 Dodge Coronet 500

ds440

No problem. ;D

I took that annoying cone in front of the nose out as well.

CB

thanks bro, appreciate it !
I got a challenge for you :D

I took my best pic of my once stock looking Charger, B5 blue with black tail stripe/black top.

My I ask you friendly to restyle my '69?

can you wizard a side pipe ending in front of the back wheels? AAR cuda style :-)
then...
first change: B5 into flat black (current state)
second change: into same as above but with GL vectors
third change: idem but with red tail stripe and Basset Dot wheels (please look here: http://www.bassettwheel.com/dot.html )
I always liked black wheels but a nice deal on a good set of polished slots made me decide to go for that look. I think they look killer on a B5 blue.
The Basset wheels were my first choice for (low budget) wheels at that time. The wheels the car came on where rusted junk. As was the spaghetti thin exhaust pipe. Now a not yet finished amateur handycraft, pipes 'll ending in front of the back wheels. (TTi set up is a future project)
Thanks a lot for the virtual upgrade of my ride :p
CB
1968 Dodge Coronet 500

ds440

Sure thing, CB.  Couple of clarifications, though...

Do you want chrome exhaust tips, like the AAR, or just a pipe (a la old school Nascar)?

With the red tail stripe - you want that on the flat black body as well - correct?  NOT on the B5?  Do you want the '70 style stripe or the '69 r/t stripe?

Let me know and I'll get on it. ;)

CB

the 'chrome exhaust tips, like the AAR' will do :)
Only the red stripe on the flat black with the Basset wheels. The wheels come with a small red line on the rim so I thought to match it with a red tail stripe. 
I believe the 69R/T stripes is the one with the R/T cut out right? So I prefer the 70's style.
Thanks CB
1968 Dodge Coronet 500

ds440

Here you go, CB. :icon_smile_wink:

I took off the sail chrome and the Charger emblem, because I noticed on the "flat black chargers" thread that you have removed them.  If you want me to put them back on there...let me know. :icon_smile_cool:

CB

woohoo! gracias amigos!! The red tail line pic, looks perfect! I love that look! Thanks for helping creating the more finished look of my 69! Appreciate it!!!
CB
ps: even started a new thread 'bout it ;D
1968 Dodge Coronet 500

HITMAN 149

hey DS.....
last one... i promise!!!!!! hahaha
same as the last one with MR ANGRY...but with OUT the viny??? puhhhhleeezzze :icon_smile_big:
i'm being bugged to ditch the vinyl idea??!!?!?!? LOL well..at least you said it was a EASY request!!! LOL
thanks much!!!!!!!!!!
-JOHN
01 BMW 740i SPORT  

ds440

Yeah no problem, hobo. ;D

HITMAN 149

DS..........
let me know if ya ever come to jersey!!!!!!!!! i'll let ya off with a warning!!!!!!!  :police:  :icon_smile_tongue:
:cheers:
thanks.....
I LOVE THAT PIC!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! it does loook sweet w/ out the top!!!!!
:devil:
01 BMW 740i SPORT