News:

It appears that the upgrade forces a login and many, many of you have forgotten your passwords and didn't set up any reminders. Contact me directly through helpmelogin@dodgecharger.com and I'll help sort it out.

Main Menu

WIW? 70 C500 SUNROOF CAR. PICS ATTACHED

Started by RT DAVE, November 26, 2006, 02:24:12 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

RT DAVE

Found this car this weekend at a dealership.  Was purchased at '06 Nats and brought back from VA.  No rust but needs a restoration to be nice.  Has Sunroof, 383 4 bbl, 727, PW, AC.  Everthing seems to work except AC.  Numbers matching motor but not Trans.   I will post his asking price after I hear the general concensus on a price.  Thanks.

-Dave
68 CHARGER RT<br />06 MAGNUM RT<br />02 INTREPID SXT

Chris G.

I know that car. Spike took pics of it at the Nats this year (thanks Spike).

Not sure what it sold for, but it's a cool car for sure and super rare. Since it's a dealer selling the car, I would say he's asking 20-25K? He probably bought it for around 16K. These are all just guesses. Let me know how bad I did.  :icon_smile_wink:

RT DAVE

Quote from: Chris G. on November 26, 2006, 02:44:00 PM
I know that car. Spike took pics of it at the Nats this year (thanks Spike).

Not sure what it sold for, but it's a cool car for sure and super rare. Since it's a dealer selling the car, I would say he's asking 20-25K? He probably bought it for around 16K. These are all just guesses. Let me know how bad I did.  :icon_smile_wink:

Did you register it?  I have the vin but no fender tag info.

Chris G.

Quote from: RT DAVE on November 26, 2006, 02:51:49 PM

Dave, yes it has been registered, but I am glad you posted it's whereabouts.  :thumbs:

RT DAVE

Quote from: Chris G. on November 26, 2006, 02:56:44 PM
Quote from: RT DAVE on November 26, 2006, 02:51:49 PM

Dave, yes it has been registered, but I am glad you posted it's whereabouts.  :thumbs:

It's actually in WI right nowy.  Maybe I misunderstood him when he said he bought it at the nats and then had to get the car in VA.   That wouldn't make sense if your buddy took pics of it at the nats.  The guy I talked to said he bought the car less than one hour after the gates opened to the public.   

Chris G.

Car was at the Nats, but I think the owner of it at the time was from KY.  :shruggy:

Dodge Don

70 Sunroof car = RARE for sure. Only 54 70 Charger 500s built with a sunroof. Factor in other options and it is a damn rare car no matter which way you slice the numbers.

Charger1970

Wow that is cool. It looks very complete. What's it worth? Well that's a tough one. Me personally I am willing to pay more if it's exactly what I was looking for.

I am going to guess the dealer wants around $21,000.

Quoteit is a damn rare car no matter which way you slice the numbers.

Ummmm...Don said a cuss word... :icon_smile_big:
1970 Charger 500
2015 Challenger SRT

rt green

bet the dealer wants 26k, or at least will start there
third string oil changer

Dodge Don

Quote from: Charger1970 on November 26, 2006, 04:40:13 PM
Wow that is cool. It looks very complete. What's it worth? Well that's a tough one. Me personally I am willing to pay more if it's exactly what I was looking for.

Wha??

Big wall...holds water back.....never heard of it? We use them to generate electricity so we can sell to the USA  ;D

bull

Quote from: Dodge Don on November 26, 2006, 05:59:25 PM

Wha??

Big wall...holds water back.....never heard of it? We use them to generate electricity so we can sell to the USA  ;D

Golly, I thought that weas called a Dam. ???

Dodge Don

Quote from: bull on November 26, 2006, 07:29:29 PM

Wha??

Golly, I thought that weas called a Dam. ???

Damn they are on to me  :scratchchin:

Shakey

Car looks pretty good....but what happened to the front bumper?   :image_294343:

RT DAVE

Quote from: Dodge Don on November 26, 2006, 04:17:14 PM
70 Sunroof car = RARE for sure. Only 54 70 Charger 500s built with a sunroof. Factor in other options and it is a damn rare car no matter which way you slice the numbers.

Were there 54 total 1970 chargers that had the option or 54 1970 charger 500's with the option?   I was under the impression that there were only 54 total 1970's with the option. 

RT DAVE

The asking price is $32K.  I almost soiled my underbritches when the words came out of the salesperson's mouth.

Daytona R/T SE

I saw this car at the Nationals. When I walked up to look at it the owner had just sold it-he had given the guy an hour or so to come up with the the rest of the cash...Another guy that was standing there told him he had the cash on him, would pay more than the guy who was trying to get the cash together, wanted the car NOW and told him to blow the other guy off...

IIRC the selling price was $23K  :o

69charger2002

i like the car, but i wouldn't pay 23 or 32k for that car. sunroof or not. otherwise that car looks like a 10-15k regular old green 70 500 that needs a 10-15k resto
trav
i live in CHARGERLAND.. visitors welcome. 166 total, 7 still around      

http://charger01foster.tripod.com/

Charger Aficionado

True Dat.   You've gotta admit PW and Roof are RARE and Nice in a pkg... 

RT Dave, I'd rather have Ur '68 ANY DAY over that thing...  How about some pix!???

Zentelis

Quote from: RT DAVE on November 26, 2006, 10:45:04 PM
The asking price is $32K.  I almost soiled my underbritches when the words came out of the salesperson's mouth.

32K? Is that in Japanese yen? :)
There's a reason they're called stealerships..

Brock Samson

looks to have cruise too
nice car too bad it's green...  :sick:

Chris G.

Quote from: RT DAVE on November 26, 2006, 10:31:13 PM
Were there 54 total 1970 chargers that had the option or 54 1970 charger 500's with the option?   I was under the impression that there were only 54 total 1970's with the option. 

Dave, there were 54 Charger 500's with the sunroof. There were 112 R/T's and 9 Base model Chargers with the sunroof as well.

Yes, this car is super rare and you will probably not see another Charger 500 like it, but asking 32K for it is a little of the wall.

RT DAVE

Quote from: Chris G. on November 27, 2006, 09:06:02 AM
Quote from: RT DAVE on November 26, 2006, 10:31:13 PM

Dave, there were 54 Charger 500's with the sunroof. There were 112 R/T's and 9 Base model Chargers with the sunroof as well.

Yes, this car is super rare and you will probably not see another Charger 500 like it, but asking 32K for it is a little of the wall.

I thought it was too much when I thought it was one of 54 1970s with the option.  Now that I know they made 174 others, I really don't like the price.   Just me, I guess.   It does have cruise BTW.  If anyone on the board is SERIOUSLY interested in the car, I will give the dealer's info out via a PM.  I sent the info to a buddy at this time and am just waiting to see if he wants the car first.   BTW, the guy selling the car is a mopar guy.  He's got about ten 62-65 race cars, including some MAX Wedge stuff.   

Dodge Don

When it's all said and done it's probably 1 of 1 when you factor in the other options. No way to prove it until the 70 Registry has every Charger 500 sunroof car registered though.

In any case, this is one of those deals where rarity alone won't draw top dollar without desireabilty as well. Although a 70 Charger 500 383 4bbl aint half bad.

Plumcrazy

Quote from: bull on November 26, 2006, 07:29:29 PM

Wha??

Golly, I thought that was called a Dam. ???

They misspell "whiskey " also.  ;D

It's not a midlife crisis, it's my second adolescence.

Spike

Consider what you get, a well equipped, sunroof Charger that has not been molested and seems to be a complete car.
The original Nats price of 23,ooo was probably real close to top dollar for this car, but I think the car has a tremendous upside after restoration.