News:

It appears that the upgrade forces a login and many, many of you have forgotten your passwords and didn't set up any reminders. Contact me directly through helpmelogin@dodgecharger.com and I'll help sort it out.

Main Menu

What are you doing to get in the Christmas spirit.

Started by Drop Top, November 26, 2006, 08:05:17 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Drop Top

I play Santa for schools and parties. Then after 4:00 in the afternoon and weekends I deliver trees for an old school buddy of mine. He has almost all the tree lots in town. Last count he has 15 lots. I enjoy every minute of it. It gets me out of the shop for a change. The Christmas Hollidays are my favorite time of the year. I have Christmas music playing in the shop all the time and in the car too. My wife went Christmas Shopping the day after Thanksgiving. Her friend picked her up at midnight and didn't bring her back entill 7 am. All the shopping is done. How about you?

THE COLONEL

With having four kids it's not hard to get into the spirit with us.  WE enjoy it.  We decorated the houes, and already put our Christmas tree up.  My wife finished the shopping on Friday too.  As the kids get older, it seems to get better every year! ;D
"THE COLONEL....DIFFERENT RANK...SAME ATTITUDE"

Drop Top

I know what you mean. I had 4 kids too. My youngest is 25. Now I have 3 grandchildren. The twins are a little over 2 and one that will be 2 in Jan. The fun is just starting all over again.

Brock Samson

4cruzin

Christmas tree is up and lights are on the house.  Some of the work is done!!
Tomorrow is promised to NOBODY . . . .

Silver R/T

http://www.cardomain.com/id/mitmaks

1968 silver/black/red striped R/T
My Charger is hybrid, it runs on gas and on tears of ricers
2001 Ram 2500 CTD
1993 Mazda MX-3 GS SE
1995 Ford Cobra SVT#2722

PocketThunder

"Liberalism is a disease that attacks one's ability to understand logic. Extreme manifestations include the willingness to continue down a path of self destruction, based solely on a delusional belief in a failed ideology."

TruckDriver

I get to play Scrooge since this year I get to spend Christmas alone.  My parents said they don't wanna do anything and my boys are in Florida.  :icon_smile_blackeye:
PETE

My Dad taught me about TIME TRAVEL.
"If you don't straighten up, I'm going to knock you into the middle of next week!" :P

red72chrgr

Nothing personal, just business

Chryco Psycho

Lowprofile

I am over it.  :icon_smile_angry: I really hate the commercialization of the whole thing. I am going to go to midnight mass, then later that day enjoy a nice meal w/ my family.

I don't think I'm a Scrooge.........just burned out I guess.  :icon_smile_dissapprove: :icon_smile_sad:
"Its better to live one day as a Lion than a Lifetime as a Lamb".

"The final test of a leader is that he leaves behind him in other men the conviction and will to carry on."

Proud Owner of:
1970 Dodge Charger R/T
1993 Dodge Ram Charger
1998 Freightliner Classic XL

andy74

i tend to drink beer and listen to the kids,works for me! :boogie:

Mefirst

Going to take a flight home the 18th and spend 10 days with my family and friends..

/Tom

azraelck

I put up 5 Christmas trees at work, ranging from 4 foot to 15 foot tall. I also unloaded three pickup loads (from a long bed Dodge 1500) of decorations. Then I spent the better part of the day finding breaks in the wiring, fixing them without unplugging the thing, and jumping wires from broken bulbs so the entire string would work. Along the way, I was cut repeatedly by sharp whatevers in the trees, and shocked twice. For this I made 5.50/hr. So it's hard for me to keep a good spirit about Christmas, particularly since it's no longer about Christ but about santa, and getting presents.

I do have a small tree that my cats sleep under. And my Christmas shopping has been done.
For every good man that is born, another good man must die.  Yet somehow the
factory keeps pumping out losers and we have no idea how to get rid of them.
--Kersus

Wakko

I haven't put up a Christmas tree in years.  This year is the first year in a long time I've got a serious girlfriend and we're doin some fun family oriented stuff together.  For Halloween we made Jack O Lanternts with my 4 year old niece and now we're gonna make gingerbread houses.  Well, I'm gonna make a gingerbread garage with a candy cane lift.
Ian

'69 Basketcase, bluetooth powered

Boynton 236 F&AM

41husk

I used to enjoy Christmas much more, before I was the one financing it!
1969 Dodge Charger 500 440/727
1970 Challenger convertible 340/727
1970 Plymouth Duster FM3
1974 Dodge Dart /6/904
1983 Plymouth Scamp GT 2.2 Auto
1950 Dodge Pilot house pick up

Charger74

Since this is my first year being married, we put up the tree and lights inside and out.  I haven't been a lot into X-mas until I started dating my wife two years ago.  But that has changed.  Kid/kids will be here by next Season, can't wait till they are old enough to really understand.

greenpigs

Not buying much this year for the relatives and my daughter has what she needs + she is to young to know whats going on. Next year will be crazy with presents!
  I don't do decorating and have a Charlie Brown Christmas tree that was given to me. For the most part I am fixing up my place and trying to stay out of deep debt.
1969 Charger RT

Living Chevy free

tomonty

I used to get into the holiday spirit a lot, but the past several years I didn't get into it too much. But after getting home from Iraq, I realize how lucky I am to be able to spend time with family and friends since there are a lot of people who won't get to. So this year definately means a lot more to me. Merry Christmas everyone!! ;D
It is inaccurate to say that I hate everything. I am strongly in favor of common sense, common honesty, and common decency. This makes me forever ineligible for public office. - H.L. Mencken

Orange_Crush

I went out at 2 AM and took every one of those mechanical deer in my neighborhood and made them hump each other.  It looks especially funny because the female moves its head up and down while the male moves it side-to-side.  Makes for a very funny image.  The neighboprs don't seem to think its very funny though.

It was loads of fun.
I ain't got time for pain, the only pain I got time for is the pain i put on fools how don't know what time it is.

Silver R/T

no need for mechanical deers here, wild deers walking around here every day.
http://www.cardomain.com/id/mitmaks

1968 silver/black/red striped R/T
My Charger is hybrid, it runs on gas and on tears of ricers
2001 Ram 2500 CTD
1993 Mazda MX-3 GS SE
1995 Ford Cobra SVT#2722

Drop Top

My Son is comeing home on the 28th. At least he'll be here for the new year. He's been in the Air Force for 7 years and has never been able to make it here for Christmas yet. But thats OK he's happy and I'm very proud of him. While he's here we are going to bild a new 440 for his 71 GTX. We've been buying  parts for it for a few years now. I've had a compleat engine waiting for this for a long time. I'm takeing it apart and to the machine shop this next week. Then when he gets here we will put in together and put it on a brake-in stand. Then put it in the car before he goes home (if everything works out). There's nothing wrong with the 440 thats in the car now. Its just something we've been planning for a long time. A father/son kind of thing.

moparsuebear

I am going to Korea dec.8th-18th to visit with AKcharger. (hubby). He usually puts the tree up and the kids and I decorate it. He has a weird sense of humor, so christmas cookie decorating time is usually lots of fun, so we're going to miss him being home with us this year. I think our boys will take it the hardest. Even though I am getting them some neato gifts, they will miss thier dad. They just turned 18 on thanksgiving, so this may be the last Christmas I have them home with me. I am going to make the most of it. I already bought a huge turkey from Costco and I am going to get almost all the stuff they asked for on their wish list. It's so hard watching your kids grow up. and because I have twins, they will both be gone at the same time. Glad we still have our chargers to mess around with!  Anyone else going to experience the empty nest syndrome this year?
Go Bears!!

AKcharger

Hey Moparsuebear

We'll have fun over here in Korea and I have a special present waitin' for ya'...it even has a little bow   :icon_smile_wink:

moparsuebear

Quote from: AKcharger on December 03, 2006, 04:10:31 AM
Hey Moparsuebear

We'll have fun over here in Korea and I have a special present waitin' for ya'...it even has a little bow   :icon_smile_wink:

Can't wait to "unwrap" your special present!!!!  :icon_smile_big: See you in one week!!!!! WOOOOHOOOOOO
Go Bears!!