News:

It appears that the upgrade forces a login and many, many of you have forgotten your passwords and didn't set up any reminders. Contact me directly through helpmelogin@dodgecharger.com and I'll help sort it out.

Main Menu

Whatever Happened To Blacknights Car?

Started by 69DodgeCharger, November 26, 2006, 12:36:29 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

69DodgeCharger

I know it has been quite a while but I was just looking through some of my old pics and came across Blacknight's 68 Charger and wondered whatever became of it?......or him for that matter?
http://www.mypowerblock.com/profile/69DodgeCharger

The bugle sounds the charge begins. But on this battlefield no one wins.

OldGuy

I think he sold it to some guy in California.  I met him a couple of years ago when he was thinking about selling it and took some pictures of his car.  Haven't heard from him for some time, though.
"I can tell by your sarcastic undertones, rude comments and total lack of common decency, that you and I could be best friends".

Blacknight

Hello everyone if some of you dont remember i am Blacknight i was one of the old regulars from the old site. I dont get on as much as i use too but i check this site once in awhile. What happen to CudaKen he was my buddy is he still around? Well anyway i sold my black 68 charger to a guy in oklahoma i dont know what has become of the car i just recently sent him a email to find out. I know he was a member of the old site but i dont know if he is still around. Hopefully i will get some pictures of my old car. For all of you who are considering selling your chargers DONT man there isnt a day that goes by that i dont regret selling my charger i have had dreams about driving my old car around. Well anyway the good news is i have a 1970 Dodge Charger 500 i am fixing up. It should look alot like my 68 when i am done and this one will never be for sale i learned my lesson the first time. The new site looks good everybody take car.   

Blacknight

Also if anyone has some old pictures of my car can you post them for the new members who havent seen my car. Thanks

Brock Samson

Wow man your like a poster child for keeping your charger...  :icon_smile_big:

howdy 'n dont be a stranger!   :wave:

what's up with your race demon?..

sixpack70

Glad to hear you got another charger! I almost sold my mach 1 when I moved to El paso. I couldn't sleep for days and pulled it from the market. Got any pics of your 70? I'd be interested in seeing them.
1966 Falcon
1969 Mustang Mach 1
1970 Charger R/T 440+6 4spd

Blacknight

A guy from california bought the demon not sure what happen to it.

Charger_Fan

Quote from: Blacknight on December 01, 2006, 12:35:02 PM
Also if anyone has some old pictures of my car can you post them for the new members who havent seen my car. Thanks
This is probably the most famous one. :yesnod:

The Aquamax...yes, this bike spent 2 nights underwater one weekend. (Not my doing), but it gained the name, and has since become pseudo-famous. :)

Blacknight

Yea i remember taking that picture it was in my dads airplane hanger right in front of the hanger door. I noticed somebody on ebay is selling shirts with the picture of my old car. I hope my 1970 Dodge Charger 500 turns out as good as my 68 did will see. Thanks for posting the picture i will try to post some pictures of my 70 when i can get a camera. 

Charger_Fan

I could see someone using that pic for shirts, it's a cood pic. Was it sorta accidental, or did you have it planned that way?

A while ago, I googled "Charger pics" & that pic popped up about on about 40 different sites. :lol:

The Aquamax...yes, this bike spent 2 nights underwater one weekend. (Not my doing), but it gained the name, and has since become pseudo-famous. :)

Blacknight

Wow really that many sites thats crazy. It wasnt really planned i just had my camera and the car was sitting like that and i took the picture. Took some more from diffrent angles from what i can remember. I found some pictures that i took of my new project 1970 Dodge Charger 500 i will try to post them it is a long way from looking like my 68 but it is pretty solid so i am happy with that. 

Blacknight

Blacknight

i will post some more later going to have to resise them.

Blacknight

Blacknight

Blacknight

Blacknight

Blacknight

Blacknight

Blacknight

Blacknight

Blacknight

Last picture the floors are rock solid and the frame rails are great i think this car will be good because i dont have to replace any sheet metal even the trunk is good.

bull

PocketThunder

"Liberalism is a disease that attacks one's ability to understand logic. Extreme manifestations include the willingness to continue down a path of self destruction, based solely on a delusional belief in a failed ideology."

Blacknight

No the car next to it is my brother in laws 69 charger it is in Kentucky getting a full resto back to orginal b5 blue white top blue interior with its number matching 383 should be done in the spring somtime. The engine that is in my charger is a 440 i am going to get a six pack for it. Is is going to be black with black interior. Yea i thought it was a pretty solid charger when i found it. It is a local  car that has been garage kept for along time. It is way more solid then my 68 was no rust at all in the back window area.

THE CHARGER PUNK

So this car is going to be a 70 version of your old 68 ?

Blacknight

I need to find a good painter who would be willing to paint my charger black. Looking for someone that does really good work. I am in Utah dont know very many painters the guy who painted my 68 is booked up for a year or so. So i am not sure what to do. Any advice???

Blacknight

Yea it will look similiar but i am going with some diffrent wheels this time. The tires that are on the car are brand new 235 up front and 295 in the rear.

69DodgeCharger

I have some pics of your old car, but I don't know how to post them in the reply so I will just add them as attachments...Maybe somebody else could put them in view for us all to see....I hope your 70 turns out as nice as the 68 did. I  have been in some tight times but I never considered selling my current 69 Charger because I knew I would always regret it. I still regret selling my first 69 Charger R/T and the rust free 70 Charger 500 I picked up a few years later.

69DodgeCharger

69DodgeCharger

69DodgeCharger

THE CHARGER PUNK

That was one Sweet car, i wouldve chosen cragar s/s's tho, thats just me :icon_smile_big:

Hemidog

what a coinsidence, i just today's newspaper in my country, and guess what i saw  :icon_smile_big:
http://lister.vg.no/?do=show&id=772 
it's about cars in movies, aparently they think your car looks like the one in blade...   ::)

Charger_Fan

Wow, that '70 really looks clean! Looks like it was originally gold with a white interior?
I'm diggin' the "button tuck" seats. ;D

Quote from: Blacknight on December 02, 2006, 12:45:46 AM
I need to find a good painter who would be willing to paint my charger black. Looking for someone that does really good work. I am in Utah dont know very many painters the guy who painted my 68 is booked up for a year or so. So i am not sure what to do. Any advice???
You might post that question on the Local Club Board. I don't have any experience with a good painter locally either, but a while ago, member "SublimeSixpack" had good feedback about some body shop in Tooele that painted this Hemi car.
The paint looks flawless, to me.

my69

Quote from: Blacknight on December 01, 2006, 12:28:18 PM
Hello everyone if some of you dont remember i am Blacknight i was one of the old regulars from the old site. I dont get on as much as i use too but i check this site once in awhile. What happen to CudaKen he was my buddy is he still around? Well anyway i sold my black 68 charger to a guy in oklahoma i dont know what has become of the car i just recently sent him a email to find out. I know he was a member of the old site but i dont know if he is still around. Hopefully i will get some pictures of my old car. For all of you who are considering selling your chargers DONT man there isnt a day that goes by that i dont regret selling my charger i have had dreams about driving my old car around. Well anyway the good news is i have a 1970 Dodge Charger 500 i am fixing up. It should look alot like my 68 when i am done and this one will never be for sale i learned my lesson the first time. The new site looks good everybody take car.   

See black night, didn't I mentioened to ya at the time "NOT" to sell her. :icon_smile_sad:  That car was "awesome" I only wish mine will turn out as that one did! :icon_smile_approve: 

But if I remember right you didn't have a whole lot of choice?  Am I right on sayin so? :-[

Blakcharger440

I have a good feeling that you will make that 70 every bit as good as that 68!
Cant wait to see the car when its done!

Blacknight

Hey thanks guys i hope the 70 will turn out as good the key is getting a good painter that takes pride in his work. If i have to i will wait until stan the guy that painted my 68 is available. I really dont want to wait a year but i will if i have too. Thanks on the compliments on the 70 charger it isnt much to look at but it will be someday. chargerfan i hate the interior i dont know what the guy was thinking when he did that. I will get it back to looking stock with all black interior. I guess i can keep saving up for the paint job and the stuff for the interior. I would really love to drop a hemi in 70 we will have to see a 440 sixpack is fine as well. I will keep you guys posted. 

bull

Quote from: Blacknight on December 02, 2006, 06:39:13 PM
Hey thanks guys i hope the 70 will turn out as good the key is getting a good painter that takes pride in his work. If i have to i will wait until stan the guy that painted my 68 is available. I really dont want to wait a year but i will if i have too. Thanks on the compliments on the 70 charger it isnt much to look at but it will be someday. chargerfan i hate the interior i dont know what the guy was thinking when he did that. I will get it back to looking stock with all black interior. I guess i can keep saving up for the paint job and the stuff for the interior. I would really love to drop a hemi in 70 we will have to see a 440 sixpack is fine as well. I will keep you guys posted. 

I hate to say it but I'd wait for Stan if you really like his work. Things can go to hell real fast with someone you don't know or trust and the value of having used him before with such great results is priceless IMO. The fact that he's booked for a year speaks volumes, and there's plenty of stuff you could do in the meantime such as redo the seats, engine, etc., etc. By the time the year is up you'd probably be ready to reassemble everything right away.