News:

It appears that the upgrade forces a login and many, many of you have forgotten your passwords and didn't set up any reminders. Contact me directly through helpmelogin@dodgecharger.com and I'll help sort it out.

Main Menu

Is this Charger a 69 or a 70

Started by BlueSS454, November 29, 2006, 11:35:03 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

JimmyP

Hi, I'm the 'Chevelle guy' looking at this car. I'm not familiar with Mopars, but want to learn.

The dealer said the previous owner didn't like 70 grilles, so he installed a 69 grille. # on core support matches VIN. Everyone's saying, 'front clip'. Is it the entire front end that's different, or just the grille?
The paint is so-so, body looks great as well as the drivetrain. I'm 50/50 on this car. Looks great but.....

Let me ask a question. Since this car is jacked up already, what's it really worth? Thanks.

Just 6T9 CHGR

Hood, fenders, bumper, grill all supports ect is unique to 69...its NOT just a grill change.
Look for either a 69 or 70......or get this car if its cool with you....just a lot of mis matched parts on that one.

Welcome to the site :cheers:
Chris' '69 Charger R/T

472 R/T SE

Quote from: Blakcharger440 on November 30, 2006, 10:39:06 PM
Quote from: Shakey on November 30, 2006, 01:34:00 PM
I think that we all, with the exception of the ones that are in denial  :pity: , know why he did it.   :yesnod:

Yep, cause 1970 front ends are too hard to find so ya might as well use what ya find!  :icon_smile_big:

The front was most likely off a Hemi car.  :P

--

JimmyP, welcome to the Board.  What do ya' got Chevelle guy?  Your first Mope?

I think if the car was a '69 with a '70 front it would be easier to move and wanted by someone.  Enthusiasts need that combination to build Daytona wing cars clones.  They use the '70 front fenders for the '69 Daytonas. 

Besides, by going this route you don't have to carry cheese around in a cooler.   :slap:

Brock Samson

with what ya learn here you should be able to talk him down a few grand...  :icon_smile_wink:

dkn1997

Quote from: JimmyP on November 30, 2006, 11:47:35 PM
Hi, I'm the 'Chevelle guy' looking at this car. I'm not familiar with Mopars, but want to learn.

The dealer said the previous owner didn't like 70 grilles, so he installed a 69 grille. # on core support matches VIN. Everyone's saying, 'front clip'. Is it the entire front end that's different, or just the grille?
The paint is so-so, body looks great as well as the drivetrain. I'm 50/50 on this car. Looks great but.....

Let me ask a question. Since this car is jacked up already, what's it really worth? Thanks.

well, you could try to extrapolate some numbers by recent ebay sales:

Needs body work, but numbers match car:  $26,600
http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/1970-Dodge-Charger-R-T-S-E_W0QQitemZ220050598368QQihZ012QQcategoryZ6199QQssPageNameZWDVWQQrdZ1QQcmdZViewItem

Non numbers match, needs assembly and small stuff:  $28,200
http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/1970-Dodge-Charger-R-T-440-car_W0QQitemZ330053427338QQihZ014QQcategoryZ6199QQssPageNameZWDVWQQrdZ1QQcmdZViewItem

In my opinion, that second one would have cost you the same as this yellow one is asking by the time you put it back together and buy some of the missing pieces, but you would end up with a much more correct car when done.

for 32k, that 70 you are looking at is a bit much for my taste, even in today's market.   If it was me, considering the bastardized sheetmetal, I would not pay more than 25K for that car.  and that's only because it's a 4 speed with a dana.  If it was an auto 8 3/4 car, no more than 20k.  It would probably cost you at least 10 grand to fix the paint and make back into a real 70 if you wanted.
RECHRGED

DC_1

5th digit in Vin is a 0 - that would be a 70