News:

It appears that the upgrade forces a login and many, many of you have forgotten your passwords and didn't set up any reminders. Contact me directly through helpmelogin@dodgecharger.com and I'll help sort it out.

Main Menu

68 charger repro rear valances

Started by runningman, November 23, 2006, 11:34:34 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

runningman

Shermans has these for 280 and I have seen them on ebay for 160 or so.  Are there different companies making these or are they all coming from the same?  Shermans says the ones they are selling are made in the USA and I am only 20 minutes from them...

Ghoste

If they're that close, why not just pop in and ask them why the difference in prices?  If the other ones are made by someone else maybe they can justify the cost or cut you a deal?

runningman

yeah that is a good idea, I will make a call first and ask them

8WHEELER

By the way, the repro rear valance I got from the paddock for my 68, had the larger
69 license plate light hole for the wire and plug. The guy doing the work did not
want to make the hole smaller like the 68, so I had to find the larger plug and wire for
69 and up  :rotz:

Dan
74 Dart Sport 360, just for added fun.

Ghoste

Dan, that bigger hole is a performance mod.  You see, the larger hole will allow more of the trapped air to bleed out at the much higher road speeds seen by the 69's.  You know, the 500's and Daytona's and so on.  Sure, it's incorrect for the 68 but it will make the car safer and faster.  ;)

8WHEELER

Higher speeds than a 68  :scratchchin:  no not possible  ;D  By the way I am Not talking about the two extra
holes they put in them that the 68 does not have at all. I was only talking about the hole that the plug goes
through, that would make no difference on anything. Except the 68 plug is smaller and will not fit.......  :rotz:

Dan
74 Dart Sport 360, just for added fun.

runningman

Called this morning, the lady at customer service wasn't much help.  She has no idea why the price difference.  All she could tell me was that the one they sell was made in the USA and she couldn't do any better on the price ::)

Ghoste

runningman

I have a buddy that can get me the stuff at 30% off so I will get in touch with me.  I am going to assume the must be diff, they list a different one for the 68 and 69-70.  Besides the price with discount will be about the same as the other with shipping.  I will let you guys know how it looks when I get it..

Silver R/T

ive got one from ebay, waiting to install it. It looks like good repro piece, but we'll see when i get to installing it
http://www.cardomain.com/id/mitmaks

1968 silver/black/red striped R/T
My Charger is hybrid, it runs on gas and on tears of ricers
2001 Ram 2500 CTD
1993 Mazda MX-3 GS SE
1995 Ford Cobra SVT#2722

Blusmbl

The 69/70 piece has the cutouts for the reverse lights as well.

The Sherman part needs the hole for the marker light welded up as 8Wheeler mentioned, that's where mine came from, and that's what Bob had to do to my piece.
Caintmakit Racing: Craptastic!
-66 BondoVille Roadster
-05 QC Hemi Ram
-looking for another '68-'69 Charger

Troy

Sherman is a manufacturer so it is unlikely that they are purchasing the part from anyone else. I have heard of some deals between them and Goodmark where they may share the manufacturing duties. I am not sure how many places make the valence but there is usually only one manufacturer with many retailers. I have one of the repro 69 valences but have not seen the 68 valence in person yet.

Troy
Sarcasm detector, that's a real good invention.

bull

Be sure to compare shipping as well because that is a big cost usually. Also, if you are having the work done at a body shop be sure to ask them what they can get the part for because they often get breaks on shipping. My body shop got all my sheet metal cheaper than I could on my own because of the free shipping, even with their added markup.

runningman

deputycrawford

Running man, you mentioned in an earlier post that you can get the parts at a 30% discount. You then said you would get in touch with yourself. Remember, If you do that, just have fun and don't hurt yourself. Oh, and in the future, you can leave that info out of the posts..  :-* :angel:
If it ain't wide open; it ain't running.        Rule number one in motocross racing: Pin it; row the gear box; and wait until you hit something.     At work my motto is: If you need me, call someone else.

hemi68charger

Quote from: 8WHEELER on November 24, 2006, 04:58:39 AM
By the way, the repro rear valance I got from the paddock for my 68, had the larger
69 license plate light hole for the wire and plug. The guy doing the work did not
want to make the hole smaller like the 68, so I had to find the larger plug and wire for
69 and up  :rotz:

Dan

Ah Hell !!!  I better check mine that it's proper before it gets painted here real soon...... Dang Dan, I'm glad I read this thread...

Troy
Troy
'69 Charger Daytona 440 auto 4.10 Dana ( now 426 HEMI )
'70 Superbird 426 Hemi auto: Lindsley Bonneville Salt Flat world record holder (220.2mph)
Houston Mopar Club Connection

runningman

Quote from: deputycrawford on December 03, 2006, 10:16:21 PM
Running man, you mentioned in an earlier post that you can get the parts at a 30% discount. You then said you would get in touch with yourself. Remember, If you do that, just have fun and don't hurt yourself. Oh, and in the future, you can leave that info out of the posts..  :-* :angel:

I just read this.......yeah that is a little too much info huh?   ;D