News:

It appears that the upgrade forces a login and many, many of you have forgotten your passwords and didn't set up any reminders. Contact me directly through helpmelogin@dodgecharger.com and I'll help sort it out.

Main Menu

New Intro

Started by sad72, November 25, 2006, 01:03:50 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

sad72

Hi I thought I'd introduce myself b4 I ask any more ?,s. My names Richard I've been into mopars since the late 70,s. I started with a 72 charger low budget model when I lived in Ohio. I moved to Calif. (living charger behind) and p/u a 71 charger RT 440 auto. air grabber thats when I fell in love with 3rd gens. I kept the 71 for about 3 years and got the itch 4 a 4 speed car sold the 71 (regrets 2 this day) and bought a 69 RR 383 4 speed had it 4 12 years sold it 2 a friend (had 2 buy a house). In late 98 I p/u a 69 dart swinger 340 and have been working with it ever since. Just recently I p/u a 72 se and thats what got me 2 this forum and I,m glad I found it because in browsing through it I can tell that everybody is willing 2 help each other and share info. I just hope I can contribute sometime in any way. Well enough eye bending thanks,Richard.
1969 dodge dart swinger 340 eight barrel  
1973 plymouth duster                                2004 dodge ram 1500 2 door 5.7 HEMI

Troy

Welcome! :hello:

Sounds like some pretty cool cars.

Troy
Sarcasm detector, that's a real good invention.

Charger_Fan

The Aquamax...yes, this bike spent 2 nights underwater one weekend. (Not my doing), but it gained the name, and has since become pseudo-famous. :)

AZMoparboy

Hi Richard and everyone,

I too, am just new to this forum as of today. Your Mopar experience is much more than mine.  I've acquired a 73 Charger for my first attempt at saving a small part of history. My father would have wanted to help if he were still alive today.  He gave Chrysler 30+ years of his life and as a young boy, I saw that he believed in Chrysler and Dodge. As for my occupation, I'm an A&P mechanic and work for a large airline. So if I ask a really stupid question, you will know that it's just my inexperience.

My first direction in the restoration project will be the total front-end suspension, steering, and all the soft mounts. I've order a Chrysler shop manual and hope that will give me some direction. I believe that if I can work on a 40 million dollar aircraft, that can land itself,  this car will give me only bloody knuckles. I also hope that I can contribute to the group as I haven't very much to offer at this time.

Till next posting, Steve

41husk

1969 Dodge Charger 500 440/727
1970 Challenger convertible 340/727
1970 Plymouth Duster FM3
1974 Dodge Dart /6/904
1983 Plymouth Scamp GT 2.2 Auto
1950 Dodge Pilot house pick up

Back N Black

Welcome ! sad72 & AZMoparboy,
there's alot of knowledge here and people are very willing to help. :yesnod: