News:

It appears that the upgrade forces a login and many, many of you have forgotten your passwords and didn't set up any reminders. Contact me directly through helpmelogin@dodgecharger.com and I'll help sort it out.

Main Menu

pro street superbird clone

Started by BigBlockSam, November 21, 2006, 10:11:53 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

BigBlockSam

looks cool

**Inactive Link Removed**
I won't be wronged, I wont be Insulted and I wont be laid a hand on. I don't do these things to others, and I require the same from them.

[IMG]http://i45.tinypic.com/347b5v5.jpg[/img

THE CHARGER PUNK

Aero426

Quote from: dads_69 on November 21, 2006, 10:22:26 PM
Looks like a Maaco paint job. I can't believe the starting price is 80 grand.

That car is very nice in person, and well done although I don't care for the "dipped in yellow" look.  The builder did his first Bird clone in 1976 with NOS steel parts.  Different car than this one.      It may not be worth $80k, but what would it cost to build if you couldn't fab it all yourself?

hotrod98

Quote from: dads_69 on November 21, 2006, 10:22:26 PM
Looks like a Maaco paint job. I can't believe the starting price is 80 grand.

I've seen this car in person at the mopar nats. At that time the paint look excellent, but that was probably five years ago. The guy did a nice job on this car. With the driveline that's in this one, it would probably run around 35k to build, maybe 40k. I would charge 25 to 30k to build it, so it's not too far off on the price.

Normal is an illusion. What is normal for the spider is chaos for the fly.
Charles Addams

BigBlockSam

QuoteMy point is this. Look at the dash cluster, half of it doesn't match. The lame paint on wiper motor. Rear tail stripe is a joke. Rear window plug, not there. Fenders are molded somehow w/the nose cone. I could go on, but getting yelled at just isn't worth it today since I'm not buying the pile, just making a comment, car is not done to my taste.
Mark 

boy if your that critical about that car, i can't wait for daytonalo to chime in .  :laugh:
I won't be wronged, I wont be Insulted and I wont be laid a hand on. I don't do these things to others, and I require the same from them.

RT DAVE

To each his own, I guess.   If this is the car I'm thinking of, it used to have the WI plate "Prozac".  I saw the car once at the Appleton Auto Show about 8-9 years ago and it was nice.  It didn't look like a Maaco paint job at the time.  As far as $80K, I dunno.  Maybe $40K in todays market IMHO.   
68 CHARGER RT<br />06 MAGNUM RT<br />02 INTREPID SXT

PocketThunder

what is the smaller fuel cell for?  just additional storage?

And i would try and match the dash trim before asking $80k.. but thats just me.
"Liberalism is a disease that attacks one's ability to understand logic. Extreme manifestations include the willingness to continue down a path of self destruction, based solely on a delusional belief in a failed ideology."

Aero426

Quote from: BigBlockSam on November 22, 2006, 03:25:42 PM
QuoteMy point is this. Look at the dash cluster, half of it doesn't match. The lame paint on wiper motor. Rear tail stripe is a joke. Rear window plug, not there. Fenders are molded somehow w/the nose cone. I could go on, but getting yelled at just isn't worth it today since I'm not buying the pile, just making a comment, car is not done to my taste.
Mark 

boy if your that critical about that car, i can't wait for daytonalo to chime in .  :laugh:

He's got the daytonalo "starter kit".   :icon_smile_big:

Look, there's nothing wrong with telling us how you feel, but use a little tact.      "I don't care for the car" would get your message across.

BigBlockSam

QuoteHe's got the daytonalo "starter kit".     

:smilielol:

Aero426

Quote from: dads_69 on November 22, 2006, 05:06:07 PM
I'm gonna retract my comments cause of guys like you who can't take a real answer about a the car. Go buy the car now since you like it so much.

Personally, I'm not at all hot about that car, in any way shape or form.  It's just a car.   

I just don't get the need to go off on what comes across as a mini-rant.  

hotrod98

Some guys run dual fuel systems. They usually run race gas in the smaller tank .

Normal is an illusion. What is normal for the spider is chaos for the fly.
Charles Addams

69_500

Not exactly my cup of tea either, but then again its a Bird clone not a Daytona. To me the Daytona is the one to like. Just my preference.

Not sure if that car could even be a cruiser though. Looks more purpose built, than to be something to just hop in and enjoy.

nascarxx29

That yellow superbird clone looks like one I seen before. Wasnt it called PROZAC in some mopar magazine article
1969 R4 Daytona XX29L9B410772
1970 EV2 Superbird RM23UOA174597
1970 FY1 Superbird RM23UOA166242
1970 EV2 Superbird RM23VOA179697
1968 426 Road Runner RM21J8A134509
1970 Coronet RT WS23UOA224126
1970 Daytona Clone XP29GOG178701

pettyfan43

I saw the car a few years ago at the Mopar Nationals. I fell head over heals with that thing!

To ME it is just COOL! ANd the fact that it runs like a super stock car doesn't hurt! The car is DRIPPING with attitude. Plus I LOVE Curious yellow!  I love the fact that it is a car you can enjoy and have fun with. WAY too many people get caught up in trying to make a car perfect and the car becomes something they can't enjoy because of the money/value factor.

Once my Chargers are going, ithey will most likely not see a trailer again.

But I LOVE the look of this car, it SCREAMS "I'll WIN, you know it, I know it, Let's get it over with!!!!!!"

Now whare IS that pesky lottery ticket?!?!!?!? :yesnod: :yesnod: :yesnod: