News:

It appears that the upgrade forces a login and many, many of you have forgotten your passwords and didn't set up any reminders. Contact me directly through helpmelogin@dodgecharger.com and I'll help sort it out.

Main Menu

Bee stripes on third gens.

Started by plum500, August 29, 2005, 09:58:41 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

plum500

I know this was discussed on the old board. Just looking for thoughts again.

Got my '71 with a bee stripe, and am going to repaint this winter. I really like the look of the tail stripe vs. the actual '71 stripe.

I know most usually say, do what you want, it's your car -- but I really, just want to make sure there's not too much cringing when folks see it. Most anyone on the street wouldn't have a clue, but...you know, what's the verdict?

Should I put a bee stripe back on it?

doctorpimp

'73 Coupe, 470, Keisler 5spd, 3.55 SG; Petty Blue; Hideaway Headlights.

www.cardomain.com/ride/2119216

Plumcrazy

It's not a midlife crisis, it's my second adolescence.

golden73

I have always wanted to do that to my car, except have a super bee stripe on the back.

But thats the last thing on my list, mechanical stuff gets priority over the looks.

TheGhost

Never underestimate the power of stupid people in large groups.  Especially if they have access to the internet.

2fast4u

How 'bout a 71 strobe stripe like this?
DODGE CHARGER--Fuel for Living!

TruckDriver

PETE

My Dad taught me about TIME TRAVEL.
"If you don't straighten up, I'm going to knock you into the middle of next week!" :P

AKcharger

Bee stripe good, tail stripe stupid!

71superbee

jaak

Another vote for the Bee stripe.

Jason

bakerhillpins

Quote from: plum500 on August 29, 2005, 09:58:41 AM

Got my '71 with a bee stripe, and am going to repaint this winter. I really like the look of the tail stripe vs. the actual '71 stripe.

Got a pic of the car with the stripe or have you already stripped the old paint off? I'm on the fence but its not my car...

One great wife (Life is good)
14 RAM 1500 5.7 Hemi Crew Cab (crap hauler)
69 Dodge Charger R/T, Q5, C6X, V1X, V88  (Life is WAY better)
96' VFR750 (Sweet)
Capt. Lyme Vol. Fire

"Inspiration is for amateurs - the rest of us just show up and get to work." -Chuck Close
"The difference between stupidity and genius is that genius has its limits." -Albert Einstein
Go that way, really fast. If something gets in your way, turn.
Science flies you to the moon, Religion flies you into buildings.

ACUDANUT

vancamp

dont know why cant explain it but a butt stripe on any car that wasnt available with one just doesnt look right to me, but its your car do what ever you want.

elacruze

1968 505" EFI 4-speed
1968 D200 Camper Special, 318/2bbl/4spd/4.10
---
Torque converters are for construction equipment.

BROCK

First Strobe I've seen on a Charger :2thumbs:
Where are the Bee Stripe pics :scratchchin:

=============================================
Let your music be in transit to the world

mikesbbody

Quote from: 2fast4u on August 29, 2005, 07:14:05 PM

Never seen that car before is it yours? I prefer the stripe that runs the full length of the car is this what you are calling the Bee stripe? Most RT's have the same unless they were stripe delete cars.

Nacho-RT74

No... I think Bumble Bee stripes doesn't fit on a curved body like a 71/74 charger...
Venezuelan RT 74 400 4bbl, 727, 8.75 3.23 open. Now stroked with 440 crank and 3.55 SG. Here is the History and how is actually: http://www.dodgecharger.com/forum/index.php/topic,7603.0/all.html
http://www.dodgecharger.com/forum/index.php/topic,25060.0.html

71383bee

Quote from: 2fast4u on August 29, 2005, 07:14:05 PM

That's kind of cool actually! 

I thought that that strobe was an option on the drawing room floor, but got axed when production came.  I also remember reading somewhere about the Swedish dude who was the brainchild of this body style absolutely HATED the super bee stripe and went out of his way to make sure it never happened on this car...could be a rumor I guess, but I don't hate it! 
71 - FC7 383 Super Bee

charger_cody

Personally I like the bee stripes. That strobe stripe is a wee bit too much for me.  :hah:

Cody

Brock Samson

71charger_fan

I like 'em. Plus, while I don't necessarily give a crap what others, mostly purists, think, I can tell you that reaction is overwhelmingly positive at shows and cruise-ins.

Ghoste

In many ways I qualify as a purist but that's usually because I don't see a lot of custom touches as being an improvement over what the factory did. Other times I do and when something looks good to me I like it.

71charger_fan...  I like that!

3rdgencharger

I will vote YES! Do they have to be painted on or can you get a stripe kit for that rear bee stripe? I will have a triple black SE and I want to do the stripe in red.

41husk

I had mine painted on my 73 but I can't get pictures to post here at school.
1969 Dodge Charger 500 440/727
1970 Challenger convertible 340/727
1970 Plymouth Duster FM3
1974 Dodge Dart /6/904
1983 Plymouth Scamp GT 2.2 Auto
1950 Dodge Pilot house pick up

Skyview69

Quote from: 71charger_fan on April 07, 2010, 09:13:05 AM
I like 'em. Plus, while I don't necessarily give a crap what others, mostly purists, think, I can tell you that reaction is overwhelmingly positive at shows and cruise-ins.

I like that too....the strobe one was too wide.  This one looks like the perfect size.  I think a black one would look good as well  :Twocents:

41husk

I put the Rumble bee decal from the trucks in the stripe.  I really like it :Twocents:
1969 Dodge Charger 500 440/727
1970 Challenger convertible 340/727
1970 Plymouth Duster FM3
1974 Dodge Dart /6/904
1983 Plymouth Scamp GT 2.2 Auto
1950 Dodge Pilot house pick up

Skyview69

Quote from: 41husk on April 07, 2010, 12:27:59 PM
I put the Rumble bee decal from the trucks in the stripe.  I really like it :Twocents:

pics  :shruggy:

Mr.Woolery

Another enthusiastic YES vote to the bumblebee stripes!

I plan to put bumblebee stripes on my '71 like 71Charger_fan did on his purple Charger, too.  My car will be gunmetal with black bumblebee stripes, though.
-1971 Charger R/T clone restomod project

For details on my cars, check out my web blog

451-74Charger

and mine will be Black with a gun metal stripe :2thumbs:

Mr.Woolery

Brock Samson

Member "Defiance" has a red bee stripe on his third,.. I'm sure there's a pic on "member rides - post up" but I ain't gonna go thru it lookin... I allways liked his charger BTW...  :drool5:

oldrock

another yes vote on the stripes. We went the simple route and just painted it on and didn't do the pinstripes on either side but still gets the effect Josh wanted. He gets lots of compliments on the car. Not because it is especially nicely painted or restored nicely but because a 16 year old would go to the trouble to restore an old charger.

russg

I like the stripe, kinda breaks up the long body alittle and get lots of compliments even with the crappy paint job.  Going in for paint in a couple weeks and will probably keep the stripe but make it black... also thinking of blacking out the tail (see pic) what does everyone think of the blacked out tail with no stripe?

73 Charger SE, 383, Headman headers, Holley 670 SA, Flowmaster Super 44's

71charger_fan

I think the blacked-out treatment is too much black. However, it might work with a chrome bumper.

oldrock

both ways cool but I would opt for the black stripe on the red paint. I agree with the other comment, the blackout is just a bit too much black from the rear imho.

Mr.Woolery

I dunno why, but blacked out tails make me think of 70's Australian musclecars.

Brock Samson

I'd like to see that at different angles and that white plate sticks out like a sore thumb... I don't dislike it though,..
If you want to do something different though it's great to get others opinions you have t feel strongly enough about it to see it through...

AmadeusCharger500

This could be helpful in answering a question I have had. I've been trying to figure out how to accent this car with a stripe kit. Its a 74 modified to look like a 71. I was told the side stripes wouldn't fit :scratchchin: so I thought I was stuck with just the hood black out. So this bumblebee stripe sounds promising. Has anyone found this as a graphics kit?

Brock Samson

i couldn't find it but one of these thrid gen guys has to have the '71 rear stripe schematic,.. you know the black and white one with all the optional spoilers and such that were not actually offered?..  :shruggy:

nice lookin chargers BTW!  :2thumbs:

1972Rallye

1972Rallye

451-74Charger

Is it me or does that 2nd picture's 3rd car show a deck spoiler on a 3rd gen?

Brock Samson

it do,

here,..
and thanks!  that's the pic i was thinkin of...  :2thumbs:

6T944D500

thats a old pic from mopar muscle mag in 2000 and a recent pic

71 Bee Man

Quote from: plum500 on August 29, 2005, 09:58:41 AM

I know most usually say, do what you want, it's your car -- but I really, just want to make sure there's not too much cringing when folks see it. Most anyone on the street wouldn't have a clue, but...you know, what's the verdict?

Should I put a bee stripe back on it?

I'm a bit biased....I like the Bee stripes. In white of course. :D

Peter
Add your details to the Forum members List. Visit this thread to find out more :
http://www.dodgecharger.com/forum/index.php/topic,21133.240.html