News:

It appears that the upgrade forces a login and many, many of you have forgotten your passwords and didn't set up any reminders. Contact me directly through helpmelogin@dodgecharger.com and I'll help sort it out.

Main Menu

2 door 07 Charger

Started by 41husk, August 29, 2005, 07:24:31 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

41husk

i was at a car show and a old guy who has owned a dodge dealership in Belleville for over 50 years, came up to talk to look at the Charger and he told me Daimler is putting out a two door Charger next year.  I hope this is true because the car doesn't look bad it just isn't a Charger with the four doors.
1969 Dodge Charger 500 440/727
1970 Challenger convertible 340/727
1970 Plymouth Duster FM3
1974 Dodge Dart /6/904
1983 Plymouth Scamp GT 2.2 Auto
1950 Dodge Pilot house pick up

bull

Quote from: 41husk on August 29, 2005, 07:24:31 AM
i was at a car show and a old guy who has owned a dodge dealership in Belleville for over 50 years, came up to talk to look at the Charger and he told me Daimler is putting out a two door Charger next year.   I hope this is true because the car doesn't look bad it just isn't a Charger with the four doors.

Actually, it would still look mediocre at best. The two door thing is only one issue that needs attention.

plum500

Yup. Way more than just the door count. :D

:horse:

cudaken

Hey Allen, hope you had fun at the show.

Never know, might do some other thing's to help it out.

Cuda Ken
I am back

41husk

yep I agree,  I think the big news is not how well the car could have looked or weather aor not it should have ever had four doors, but the fact that they seem to be listening to us.  From what Mr. Oliver said sales are good on the Charger at his place.  He said the only thing out selling the Charger are mini vans and trucks.  I don't know if that is the National sales trend.   
1970 Plymouth Duster FM3
1974 Dodge Dart /6/904

6pkrunner

I'll have to agree with the others. The car is just too ugly to be of much use no matter how many doors. The part that really leave me scratching my head is that in this day and age nothing is made without focus groups, polls, and consumer surveys. Even potato chip flavors get a severe going over. So how did Daimler manage this one? Or somehow did the people in the group(s) somehow locate each other and decided to pull off the gag of the century?

bull

Quote from: 6pkrunner on August 29, 2005, 09:59:24 AM
I'll have to agree with the others. The car is just too ugly to be of much use no matter how many doors. The part that really leave me scratching my head is that in this day and age nothing is made without focus groups, polls, and consumer surveys. Even potato chip flavors get a severe going over. So how did Daimler manage this one? Or somehow did the people in the group(s) somehow locate each other and decided to pull off the gag of the century?

Gag of the century, I guess. But the joke's on them too.

andy74

i havent heard or seen anything that would indicate a 2 door charger from dcx,and i check my stuff from them everyday. sales of the new 06 have been pretty good,although i have 10 of them on the lot right now,and 15 magnums too.also have a   new 04 srt 10,8 miles if any of you guys are really loaded with cash!

PlumBad70

Quote from: 41husk on August 29, 2005, 07:24:31 AM
i was at a car show and a old guy who has owned a dodge dealership in Belleville for over 50 years, came up to talk to look at the Charger and he told me Daimler is putting out a two door Charger next year.   I hope this is true because the car doesn't look bad it just isn't a Charger with the four doors.

Hey Allen, would that of been oliver c joseph? anyway how did the show go, did you place?
Steve
1970 Charger R/T Sublime
2013 Dodge Ram 1500 hemi 4x4

41husk

yep He had the old Chrysler in the corner,  No I did not !  there were many nice cars there that pontiac Chiefton won my class.  I guess mine was about the 5th best out of 8 or 9 in my class, but I had fun and got to see a lot of nice cars.  There is supposed to be some kinda drive in cruize at the skyview next Sunday? do you know anything about it?
1970 Plymouth Duster FM3
1974 Dodge Dart /6/904

PlumBad70

Yeah, thats the one put on by the lakers car club, heres the flier..sounds like fun, I've never went to one hosted by them, don't know how many cars showed up last year.
Steve
1970 Charger R/T Sublime
2013 Dodge Ram 1500 hemi 4x4

41husk

I think I will take the Charger and my buddy in his cuda will probably be there.  Are you going?
1970 Plymouth Duster FM3
1974 Dodge Dart /6/904

tick68charger

The new charger was such a disappointment.  :rotz:

TheGhost

Ugly is all a matter of opinion.  There are actually people out there who LIKE to look at the mid to late 60s Chevelles.  And, some people think that Nova's are among the most beautiful cars made.  I don't understand it, but, to use an old cliche, "Beauty is in the eye of the beholder".

Plus, most new cars are ugly, anyway.
Never underestimate the power of stupid people in large groups.  Especially if they have access to the internet.

volk68

I think his friend is confusing the rumored '08 Challenger with the new Charger.  Even two doors couldn't take the ugly out of the new Charger.

Charger4404spd

...........wait......theres not a market for a 2 dor car. Right Trevor? :icon_smile_big:

Dale The Bold

I'm shocked that anyone even bothers complaining about the number of doors on those cars.  Not while there's an abundance of ugly to complain about.

The '99 concept was a four door and most heterosexual males between the ages of 16 and 70 would step on their own mother to get behind the wheel of one.  Granted, a two-door version would have been better, but I personally noticed the "not hideous" look of the '99 concept over the '06 Generic Car.
Matt. 14:8 (KJV) "And she, being before instructed of her mother, said, 'give me here John Baptist's head in a Charger.'"

Big Lebowski

Two less doors wont help that front grille any, it still looks like a Suckerfish with a hook in its mouth. :icon_smile_big:
"Let me explain something to you, um i am not Mr. Lebowski, you're Mr. Lebowski. I'm the dude, so that's what you call me. That or his dudeness, or duder, or you know, el duderino if you're not into the whole brevity thing."

Brock Samson

Silver R/T

probably not gonna happen, still looks ugly for a charger
http://www.cardomain.com/id/mitmaks

1968 silver/black/red striped R/T
My Charger is hybrid, it runs on gas and on tears of ricers
2001 Ram 2500 CTD
1993 Mazda MX-3 GS SE
1995 Ford Cobra SVT#2722

Brock Samson

911bear

1974 DODGE CHARGER SE BROUGHAM - CURRENTLY
CARS I HAVE OWNED :
4 - 1969 DODGE CHARGERS
1 - 1970 PLYMOUTH GRAN FURY W/ COVER UP HEADLIGHTS 2 DOOR
1 - 1970 PLYMOUTH ROADRUNNER
2 - 1973 DODGE CHARGERS
1 - CHRYSLER CORDOBA
1 - 1984 DODGE RAM TRUCK

bull

Quote from: Ghost on August 29, 2005, 03:59:09 PM
Ugly is all a matter of opinion.
Plus, most new cars are ugly, anyway.

:iagree: I caught myself looking at a late '70s Toyota Celica on the freeway the other night and thinking 'that's not such a bad looking car. Mainly because it actually has some style to it compared to all the blah out there today. The only compliment I would ever give the '06 Chagnum is that it is a little more unique than 90% of the crap out there right now. Don't get me wrong -- the thing is butt-ugly IMHO and I would never in a million years waste a penny of my hard-earned money to buy one, but it does stand out. But then a really ugly woman stands out in a crowd of plain Janes too.

TheGhost

Quote from: bull on August 30, 2005, 02:50:42 AMBut then a really ugly woman stands out in a crowd of plain Janes too.

I think in this context, it would be plain jane woman stands out in a field of ugly women.
Never underestimate the power of stupid people in large groups.  Especially if they have access to the internet.

1fine69

i can't wait to see what that looks like. the 4 doors aren't too bad but i wouldn't go out n buy one just yet? anyone seen the concept cuda? that thing looks fierce!
THE DEVIL'S A PIMP DON'T BE HIS HOE!