News:

It appears that the upgrade forces a login and many, many of you have forgotten your passwords and didn't set up any reminders. Contact me directly through helpmelogin@dodgecharger.com and I'll help sort it out.

Main Menu

Mexico

Started by Big Sugar, November 13, 2006, 11:45:44 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Chargen69

Go on ebay and get some MRE chocolate chip brownies or vanilla pound cake, eat one of those every morning and at supper time, it dries stuff up, and you should be good down there (no pun... well yes pun intended :) )  But look out when you get back.

Chargen69

Oh yeah, DO NOT drink the water or even brush your teeth with it, it will be BAD   :puke:

Big Sugar

Well Thanks Guys ! That should help ! Now Lemme see .
It's ok not to drink the water.
Eat one Vanilla pound cake for Breakfast !
Avoid playing Jepordy with the locals !
Have Fun at a Donkey Show !
Keep my wallet in front !
Wear My "George Bush" Tee Shirt !
Ask Doc For meds.

Oh lastly !! Tipping and Excessive Drinking ?? Any suggestions ?

R :icon_smile_cool: N

[img]<table border="0" cellpadding="0" style="border-collapse: collapse" width="182" id="table1" height="202" bordercolorlight="#ECEBF1" bordercolordark="#E9DFD1" b

Ponch ®

Quote from: Big Sugar on November 15, 2006, 11:19:03 PM

do a lot of both...
"I spent most of my money on cars, birds, and booze. The rest I squandered." - George Best

Chrysler Performance West

bull

Quote from: Nacho-RT74 on November 15, 2006, 08:02:07 PM

Quote from: bull on November 14, 2006, 02:29:37 AM
9. Mexicans do not accommodate English-speaking people the way Americans accommodate Spanish-speaking people.
COMPLETELLY FALSE. Latinamericans commonly are more educated and kind than USA and European ppl, but as usuall all depends of lucky too. There is good and bad guys everywhere. all depends about the way you treat to the ppl too. Of course Big city ppl is like in any part of the world harder to treat than country guys.

It's not a comment on their level of education, it's a comment on their tolerance for laziness regarding the use of language. When it comes to tourist areas, you are correct, Mexicans are very forgiving regarding the tourists' ignorance of the local language but outside that you are virtually screwed. Mexico and its government does not coddle people who cannot speak Spanish the way the US govt. coddles people who cannot speak English.

Charger74

Quote from: Big Sugar on November 15, 2006, 11:19:03 PM
Well Thanks Guys ! That should help ! Now Lemme see .
It's ok not to drink the water.
Eat one Vanilla pound cake for Breakfast !
Avoid playing Jepordy with the locals !
Have Fun at a Donkey Show !
Keep my wallet in front !
Wear My "George Bush" Tee Shirt !
Ask Doc For meds.

The more you tip, the better the service, the stronger the drinks.  but this is true in any place you go, including the good ole USA bars most of the times.  When we were down there last month, we were probably one of the few couples that tipped almost everytime they served us.  We had some damn good service and the drinks rocked...

BMOTOXSTAR

Quote from: BigBlockSam on November 14, 2006, 02:49:53 AM
they got cheap weed in mexico   :apimp:

Don'r forget the cheap hookers ! good times !  :yesnod:
BMOTOXSTAR
73' Dodge Rallye Charger 400/4BBL
06' Dodge Ram Quad Cab 4X4 HEMI
15' Dodge Dart 2.7 SXT

Ponch ®

Quote from: BMOTOXSTAR on November 16, 2006, 04:07:36 PM

Don'r forget the cheap hookers ! good times !  :yesnod:
BMOTOXSTAR

Cheap? another myth. Not that I would know or anything.... :icon_smile_big:
"I spent most of my money on cars, birds, and booze. The rest I squandered." - George Best

Chrysler Performance West

Nacho-RT74

Quote from: bull on November 16, 2006, 08:57:31 AM
Mexico and its government does not coddle people who cannot speak Spanish the way the US govt. coddles people who cannot speak English.

Maybe that is because 99% of ppl living in Mexico speaks Spanish and they are completelly Mexican, for a while around 15% ( I don't recall the exact number ) of USA citizens are spanish speakers specially Florida, Cali and rest of border states.

And if we think than those states were part of Mexico and invaded in the past by USA, and Florida state was from Spain and sold to USA there is a basement for spanish speakers in USA ;)

Not a political or historical discussion, just trying to give an explanation about the different reasons why USA Goverment does need to coddles people who cannot speak English, and Mexico Goverment doesn't need :P
Venezuelan RT 74 400 4bbl, 727, 8.75 3.23 open. Now stroked with 440 crank and 3.55 SG. Here is the History and how is actually: http://www.dodgecharger.com/forum/index.php/topic,7603.0/all.html
http://www.dodgecharger.com/forum/index.php/topic,25060.0.html

SirNik73

It is more an issue that american is rich enough to afford to do things twice... teach spanish speaking kids all the way to high school graduation with compleatly in spanish. and with no national language there is nothing stopping schools from doing this.

not saying there needs to be a national language, but that in a country like mexico there isn't then econemy pulling in english speakers, and they don't have the money to have a bi-lengual system.

I believe that here in the US schools should be teaching all children more then one language. I mean we are a World Power, and need skills like that to sell our products to the rest of the world.

as far as spanish goes, it is a Latin based language. and as a latin based language it is easier to learn other latin baised languages once you have learned one. so i think children should learn spanish at least, because then they can pick up other latin based languages.

I'm sure Nacho can back me up on this one, it is easier for a spanish speaker to pick up Portuguese then English becaue English is a Germanic based language, not Latin based.

while i'm glad i can speak english because with the US being the only super power English is becoming the standard of the world (at least in business), it would sure make my life easier if i knew more spanish.
1973 Charger SE
1973 Charger Parts car
1968 Couger... got this one for free! and it looks like it was free :)
1983 Toyota Tercel 4x4 Daily Driver
1984 Mercedes-Benz 300SD

Nacho-RT74

Nik, of course you are right and I can back up about relationship between latin languages, but is the same than to an english speaker guy try to learn German... however the second language studied all along latinamerica is english not a secondary Latin language. My english is basically from my basic education at school, maybe still not the best english but we can speak ;)

Beside that, is a lot easier to spanish speaker to learn and speak good english, than an english speaker learn and speak good spanish and that has been prooved. Spanish is not one of the easiest languages, lots of rules around. Any latinamerican can speak to you at least on basic english therms, but no one USA guy will speak me on basic spanish, beside Hola, Adios, Amigo, and TEQUILA LOL, of course those spanish speakers influenced along the frontier are exceptions.

anyway, that's not the topic... sorry to float this stuff here.

Venezuelan RT 74 400 4bbl, 727, 8.75 3.23 open. Now stroked with 440 crank and 3.55 SG. Here is the History and how is actually: http://www.dodgecharger.com/forum/index.php/topic,7603.0/all.html
http://www.dodgecharger.com/forum/index.php/topic,25060.0.html

SirNik73

Nacho, you are doingbetter then me... i took basic spanish and all i can remember how to say it "mas cervezas" "banio" and dancing.... ok so the amercian school system sucks.
1973 Charger SE
1973 Charger Parts car
1968 Couger... got this one for free! and it looks like it was free :)
1983 Toyota Tercel 4x4 Daily Driver
1984 Mercedes-Benz 300SD