News:

It appears that the upgrade forces a login and many, many of you have forgotten your passwords and didn't set up any reminders. Contact me directly through helpmelogin@dodgecharger.com and I'll help sort it out.

Main Menu

Finally! Some current pictures of my Charger. 11/17/06

Started by TruckDriver, November 18, 2006, 06:02:15 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

TruckDriver

For the first time since it came to me from Arizona in August '05, I pushed it out of the storage unit and took a few pictures. These are also the first pics of it with the slots on it. And the first time I got to really see what it looks like with them on. I put the slots on the car inside the storage unit, and never really could get a good look at it with them. This spring, I will be moving the rear 15x8 mags to the front with 225/60/15 tires, and be putting 15x10 slots on the rear with 295/50/15 tires on the back. Long as we had the car out, we layed down a big tarp and some plywood on the garage floor to help keep the spring time moisture off the car (finally). We also pulled the gas tank out of the car that had a half tank of 20 year old gas in it. Pretty much looked like all varnish now. The top of the tank where the mat is, still looks brand new with shiny metal. It's really nice having a car out of the desert as the tank strap bolts turned right off with no problems what so ever, and are very re-usable. Only used a little WD-40. Even the mat is re-usable. So, now I will take it and get it hot washed out so this next summer I can put gas in it again and hook up my carb and get it up and running again for the first time since 1986. I have a new headlight cover rod coming I got off Ebay. Mine is a bit tweaked as you can see. We also did a well needed tune up on my recently acquired Dakota. (background)

PETE

My Dad taught me about TIME TRAVEL.
"If you don't straighten up, I'm going to knock you into the middle of next week!" :P

Charger_Fan

It looks sleepy. ;D

I had forgotten how clean that body is, it looks great! :thumbs:

The Aquamax...yes, this bike spent 2 nights underwater one weekend. (Not my doing), but it gained the name, and has since become pseudo-famous. :)

Silver R/T

http://www.cardomain.com/id/mitmaks

1968 silver/black/red striped R/T
My Charger is hybrid, it runs on gas and on tears of ricers
2001 Ram 2500 CTD
1993 Mazda MX-3 GS SE
1995 Ford Cobra SVT#2722

Plumcrazy

It's not a midlife crisis, it's my second adolescence.

PocketThunder

rust free body...i envy you.  :icon_smile_big:   all these years i wanted to go to the south west and find a car but just didnt know how to go about doing that....  next time i'll get it right.

Nice car DCG  :yesnod:
"Liberalism is a disease that attacks one's ability to understand logic. Extreme manifestations include the willingness to continue down a path of self destruction, based solely on a delusional belief in a failed ideology."

TruckDriver

Thanks for the compliments guys. We would of done more to it if it wouldn't of been 35 degrees out. We all were getting cold as the wind was picking up a bit. PT, the car is not without it's rust issues. I have to replace the trunk floor (half anyway) because it sat with a trunk full of junk and at the bottom, was a shag carpet that replaced the original trunk mat. And the dried out leaky trunk seal didn't help it any.  :icon_smile_dissapprove:  There is also minor (so far) rust about the size of a quarter in the rear quarters right at the bottom right behind the rear wheels. and of course, the roof where the vinyl top was. The front and rear windows need to be removed and the window channels need to be cleaned out. But except for the trunk, the rest should be easily removed because it isn't real thick. More a light dusting. But, overall, the cars IS 90-95% rust free. There is no rust under the car at all. And all the bolts on the car underneath have either no rust build up or very minor rust (nothing WD-40 or PB Blaster won't remove). None of the original steel brake or fuel lines have any rust anywhere either.
PETE

"If you don't straighten up, I'm going to knock you into the middle of next week!" :P

Daytona R/T SE

I love that car :icon_smile_tongue:....especially now with the slots...

CB

1968 Dodge Coronet 500

TruckDriver

Thanks again guys ;)

I was bord tonight. So I was playing with Photoshop. First picture is the way I plan to paint the grille and with the viynl top. Second picture is somewhat in powder blue or Petty blue. I think the car would look cool in that color. Although, I'm not set on that color yet.
PETE

plum500

That's gonna be great when it's done. Third gens and slots!! :thumbs:

PocketThunder

i vote to keep it the original color white. :yesnod:  with the black top.
"Liberalism is a disease that attacks one's ability to understand logic. Extreme manifestations include the willingness to continue down a path of self destruction, based solely on a delusional belief in a failed ideology."

41husk

I like petty blue, but my third gen is gonna be sublime or sassy grass and I am leaning towards sublime.  Great looking car, I love the hideaway headlights, I wish I had those on my 73.
1969 Dodge Charger 500 440/727
1970 Challenger convertible 340/727
1970 Plymouth Duster FM3
1974 Dodge Dart /6/904
1983 Plymouth Scamp GT 2.2 Auto
1950 Dodge Pilot house pick up

Charger_Fan

The Aquamax...yes, this bike spent 2 nights underwater one weekend. (Not my doing), but it gained the name, and has since become pseudo-famous. :)

472 R/T SE

:iagree:  I vote all white.  ;)  That thing's in great shape.

Lowprofile

Cleen car Bro! Looks to be in great shape. I love the slots!  :2thumbs: You gonna add a bulge hood?  :icon_smile_big:
"Its better to live one day as a Lion than a Lifetime as a Lamb".

"The final test of a leader is that he leaves behind him in other men the conviction and will to carry on."

Proud Owner of:
1970 Dodge Charger R/T
1993 Dodge Ram Charger
1998 Freightliner Classic XL

TruckDriver

PETE

firefighter3931

Nice ride....gotta luv those desert cars....NO RUST !  :icon_smile_big: The slots look great !  :icon_smile_cool:

Ron
68 Charger R/T "Black Pig" Street/Strip bruiser, 70 Charger R/T 440-6bbl Cruiser. Firecore ignition  authorized dealer ; contact me with your needs

derailed

looks like a real nice find. Theres one here locally thats looks alot like yours. I think they look good white.

TruckDriver

Quote from: derailed on November 23, 2006, 01:13:59 AM
looks like a real nice find. Theres one here locally thats looks alot like yours. I think they look good white.

I wouldn't mind pictures of it just to compare it to what mine really should look like when done. Not just the photo shop pics.
PETE

NHCharger

Hey Pete, Looking Good. :2thumbs:
I'm leaning towards Petty Blue but then again I'm slightly biased. :icon_smile_big:
PS. I hope to have that trunk floor out next weekend, I'll send ya some pics.
72 Charger- Base Model
68 Charger-R/T Clone
69 Charger Daytona clone
79 Lil Red Express - future money pit
88 Ramcharger 4x4- current money pit
55 Dodge Royal 2 door - wife's money pit
2014 RAM 2500HD Diesel

Charger72SE

Hey Pete,

your 72 SE looks great!!  Nice move on the slotted wheels.  If you have any questions or need some pics or parts, let me know.  get that Charger running so we can meet at a show this year!

enjoy the warm Wisconsin weather this week while we have it.

Paul