News:

It appears that the upgrade forces a login and many, many of you have forgotten your passwords and didn't set up any reminders. Contact me directly through helpmelogin@dodgecharger.com and I'll help sort it out.

Main Menu

fender tag

Started by 69 rt, November 18, 2006, 11:31:44 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

69 rt

Hi,

I need a fender tag, can they be legally remanufactured if I have the build sheet, and who do I contact to have this made?

Thanks
69 rt

Ghoste

Yes they can and Tags Back East (I think that is their name) are one of the places that do it.  Galen Govier provides this service but Galen charges you a fee to send it to someone else to make.  John Paseman at US Car Tool also does this middleman service and he charges less than Galen and he uses the same place that Galen does and he is a Charger fan besides.
www.datatags.com
www.uscartool.com

69 rt

Thanks for the info Ghoste I will be checking these guys out.

69 rt

hemigeno

Most of the repro tag services will not come up with the list of codes to be on your tag.  If you want to skip the middleman fees, you can post your Broadcast Sheet here and I'm sure that collectively we can come up with what your original tag would have read.  I'm certain that either myself or Chris (Just 6T9 Chgr) can help out.

If you're uncomfortable posting your whole sheet, you can either email it to Chris or myself, or block out the VIN (but don't forget to add it to your tag order!)

Geno

69 rt

Thanks,

Here it is I hope you can read it, let me know where I go from here. I appreciate it

69 rt

69 rt

A close up, hope it helps

69 rt

69 rt

A couple more shots. I tried scanning but the file becomes too large to post.

69 rt

hemigeno

69 rt,

Below is what I came up with what your fender tag would have shown. 

* END                           *
M31 N88 R11 V1X V88 Y14
B51 C16 C55 H31 J25 M21
     Q5 C5X X9 328 1??442
E86 D32 XS29 L9B 337166

A couple of caveats that perhaps Chris or some other very knowledgeable folks can correct me on:

>>  I don't know if H31 (rear defroster) would show up on the fender tag.  Some options are coded on both, some are only on the B-cast sheet.  An example of this is S77 Power Steering - always on the B-cast sheet, never on the Fender Tag.
>>  I don't know if N88 (Cruise Control) would show up on the fender tag.  (See above)
>>  I'm not sure if Y14 (Sold Car) shows up on the Fender Tag or not.

A couple of other items:
>>  I couldn't read the full Vehicle Order Number.  That is on the first line, and is just to the right of the build date - which for your car is 328.  You can just fill in the correct numbers on your Fender Tag order sheet.
>>  I am 99% sure that Hamtramck was coding the ending characters as END at that time.  Just a month or so later they went to EN2, but I think your car is before the change.
>>  I didn't see any "A" (Combination Groups), "G" (Glass-Mirrors), "L" (Lights and Switches), or "P" (Power Items).

You have a very cool combination for a car...  Q5 Turquoise, Stripe Delete (meaning it has the quarterpanel "R/T" badges), Black Top & Interior, Cloth inserts on the bucket seats (gotta be a rare option!), P/S, P/B, Cruise Control, Redlines and 14" steelies with dog dish hubcaps...   :drool5:  :thumbs:

Hope this helps you out a little bit!!!

Geno

P.S.  I'm going to move this topic over to the General Q&A forum, since the guys I'm hoping will chime in (69CoronetRT, John Kunkel, et al) usually check that board.  Just_6T9_Chgr is everywhere...   ;)

Chris G.

Quote from: hemigeno on November 20, 2006, 09:50:16 AM
>>  I don't know if H31 (rear defroster) would show up on the fender tag.  Some options are coded on both, some are only on the B-cast sheet.  An example of this is S77 Power Steering - always on the B-cast sheet, never on the Fender Tag.
>>  I don't know if N88 (Cruise Control) would show up on the fender tag.  (See above)

I'm not the greatest with Hamtramck cars, but I'm almost positive "Rear Defogger" (H31) will not show up on the tag, and also "Sold Car" (Y14) also will not. N88 Cruise Control is definitely on there.

I'd say Geno's layout is pretty close minus the H31 and Y14.  :yesnod:

69 rt

Thanks guys,

This is the car restored, matching numbers and the correct color. I added the stripe just because I like it. and I have the original rearend but added a strange with 373 gears

69 rt

hemi68charger

Man, great looking '69 !!!!
Troy
'69 Charger Daytona 440 auto 4.10 Dana ( now 426 HEMI )
'70 Superbird 426 Hemi auto: Lindsley Bonneville Salt Flat world record holder (220.2mph)
Houston Mopar Club Connection

69CoronetRT

Quote from: Chris G. on November 20, 2006, 10:07:37 AM
Quote from: hemigeno on November 20, 2006, 09:50:16 AM

I'm not the greatest with Hamtramck cars, but I'm almost positive "Rear Defogger" (H31) will not show up on the tag, and also "Sold Car" (Y14) also will not. N88 Cruise Control is definitely on there.

I'd say Geno's layout is pretty close minus the H31 and Y14.  :yesnod:

I'm more familiar with the 69 STL plant but from the 69 Hamtramck tags I have seen....:iagree: with Chris
Seeking information on '69 St. Louis plant VINs, SPDs and VONs. Buld sheets and tag pictures appreciated. Over 3,000 on file thanks to people like you.

hemigeno

Sounds like the consensus opinion is that your tag should look like this:

N88 R11 V1X V88 END
B51 C16 C55 J25 M21 M31
     Q5 C5X X9 328 1??442
E86 D32 XS29 L9B 337166

I've actually considered getting a couple of repro tags and stashing my originals in a safe deposit box somewhere - although I've always been puzzled by why someone would steal a Fender Tag at a car show.  Apart from the novelty of having a rare car's tag or trying to blackmail the owner, what could you do with it??

Sorry for the hijack...  let us know how your tag turns out!

Plumcrazy

I've found this place that makes Mopar tags. www.trimtags.com

Any other sources?

It's not a midlife crisis, it's my second adolescence.

Chris G.

Quote from: Plumcrazy on November 21, 2006, 05:58:41 PM
I've found this place that makes Mopar tags. www.trimtags.com

Any other sources?

I think A.G. Backeast is the guy Galen uses. http://www.datatags.com/

Just 6T9 CHGR

I agree with all that was posted above.   That tag layout looks correct to me.

C5X is a pretty rare option.
Chris' '69 Charger R/T

motorhead

Here's what they look like when you get the tag in the mail. I got one for mine , it was missing from the car when I got it.

Chris G.

Quote from: motorhead on November 23, 2006, 12:44:30 PM
Here's what they look like when you get the tag in the mail. I got one for mine , it was missing from the car when I got it.

How does it work? Do you just tell them what codes you want to appear on the tag?

69 rt

I contacted Tags Back East and was informed they could make the tag, and that I should give them a line by line of what I want on the tag. Seems like it would be a lot more accurate if there was a fill in type form.

motorhead

Yes chris,you let him know what you want on the tag and he'll put it on there for you.It's a cheaper service if you already know the codes ($60 if you do $100 if you don't and he has to look them up) I put mine back the way it was originally with the exception of magnum 500 wheels and redline tires. My car was originally 14 in. with hub caps which I still have.

hemi-hampton

Thought I was told somewhere that the Q5 Turquoise was never a color option on the Charger?????? LEON. ???

69CoronetRT

Quote from: hemi-hampton on November 30, 2006, 12:14:23 AM
Thought I was told somewhere that the Q5 Turquoise was never a color option on the Charger?????? LEON. ???

Q5 is OK but Q4 is not.
Seeking information on '69 St. Louis plant VINs, SPDs and VONs. Buld sheets and tag pictures appreciated. Over 3,000 on file thanks to people like you.

Just 6T9 CHGR

Quote from: 69CoronetRT on November 30, 2006, 12:19:45 AM

Q5 is OK but Q4 is not.

Ahh...the old Q4 Charger tag...almost got the fake tag right ;)
Nice looking color though although incorrect for a 69 Charger :nono:
Chris' '69 Charger R/T

69CoronetRT

Quote from: 69CoronetRT on December 01, 2006, 08:52:52 PM
Quote from: Just 6T9_CHGR.... on December 01, 2006, 08:22:40 PM
Quote from: 69CoronetRT on November 30, 2006, 12:19:45 AM

Q5 is OK but Q4 is not.

Ahh...the old Q4 Charger tag...almost got the fake tag right ;)
Nice looking color though although incorrect for a 69 Charger :nono:

Hey!...I remember that pic.

It is a nice color. It just was not available on a 69 Charger.

69_500

Hey I know this is late and all, but this is the first day I've seen this thread.

You guys came to the concensus on the tag, but I was wondering about a few things.

Just by going by 500 tags, as I have those on hand, but I would think it would read as follows.

M31 N88 R11 V1X V88 END
B41 B51 C16 C55  J25 M21
Q5  Q5 C5X X9 328 1??442
E86 D32 XS29 L9B 337166

That is just me though. I've seen many tags list the B41 and the B51 option. However there are some that just list the B51. And then there are some that list the color 2 time at on the second line, and others that just have it once. Kind of odd to see an R/T without a 26" radiator. Beautiful color combination though.