News:

It appears that the upgrade forces a login and many, many of you have forgotten your passwords and didn't set up any reminders. Contact me directly through helpmelogin@dodgecharger.com and I'll help sort it out.

Main Menu

Reproduction VIN TAG's

Started by Eyeofhorus, December 11, 2006, 09:33:11 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Eyeofhorus

Hi Guys
Do you know anyone who reproduces the VIN Tag for the Dash ?
I'm looking at buying a rare Challenger
The guy has title to the car but no longer has the Dash with the Vin Tag
He does have the Fender tag only
How do I get a Vin Tag for the Dash reproduced ?
I tried Galen Govier but they don't do that.
Any ideas ?
Any idea where to find Stats on Challengers with sunroofs ?
I finally finished my 70 #'s Matching Charger 440 4 Spd with added 6 pac
Ron

deputycrawford

I may be speaking too soon so wait for more answers but I do beloeve you can't reproduce a VIN tag. Also, think about it; if you have a 318 car you want to sell as a 440 "rare" car then find a title to the 440 car and pull the VIN tag off your 318 car. POOF; now you have a 440 car you can't prove. WALK AWAY and report the incident to the local police immediately. Something is very wrong with your situation.
If it ain't wide open; it ain't running.        Rule number one in motocross racing: Pin it; row the gear box; and wait until you hit something.     At work my motto is: If you need me, call someone else.

deputycrawford

I almost forgot. What state you live in? I believe one state is known to make salvage titles for cars that came back from the dead with virtually no questions asked. Don't fall for it. Walk away.
If it ain't wide open; it ain't running.        Rule number one in motocross racing: Pin it; row the gear box; and wait until you hit something.     At work my motto is: If you need me, call someone else.

gtx6970

Look it over very carefully to verefy it is whats it's supposed to be. If all is ok, try Datatags.com. I heard they will do it with ironclad documentation

Just 6T9 CHGR

From what I have read & understood dash VIN tag reproduction is illegal no matter what documentation you have.

The only way to "legally" get a tag made is to have a state issued VIN tag applied.....
Chris' '69 Charger R/T

John_Kunkel

Members on other boards report getting replacement VIN tags from datatag with the correct documentation and the blessing of their state authorities.
Pardon me but my karma just ran over your dogma.

red72chrgr

Not trying to be an a$$, but have the seller do the vin tag deal. If it's really a rare car, he shouldn't mind doing that. 
Nothing personal, just business

69_500

I've heard of people using Data tag, but then again I  hope they aren't making a Dash VIN for cars just solely off a pencil rubbing of a fender tag or something. Or a photo for that matter. There are fake tags that are very close to the real deals too, and would be easy to make a fake fender tag, to use to make a new fake dash VIN.